Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Dr. Phlox saves the men of Enterprise from the influence of the Orion women's pheromones by injecting the crewmembers with a serum that makes them gay.

https://youtu.be/53j7TWv_8iQ?si=pwIHTXx2GkHUROBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Is Archer the captain who gets laid the most?

Pike fucks

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Is Archer the captain who gets laid the most?

naem
May 29, 2011

Pike has a healthy age appropriate relationship with a nice peer captain lady on another ship and they have open, honest conversations about boundaries and long term commitment

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I believe Archer has a romance with the captain of a new NX ship after the Xindi thing when he's on earth, but that's it? Unless you count T'Pol in an alternate timeline.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

naem posted:

Pike has a healthy age appropriate relationship with a nice peer captain lady on another ship and they have open, honest conversations about boundaries and long term commitment

gene rolling over in his grave like a perpetual motion machine

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I think this is the real answer, but he never had his own show, so I’m not sure it counts.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I believe Archer has a romance with the captain of a new NX ship after the Xindi thing when he's on earth, but that's it? Unless you count T'Pol in an alternate timeline.

Do you mean Hoshi in the mirror universe? But anyway I thought he hooked up a couple different times with different women but I’m not going to rewatch to be sure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Archer's a dumb whiney little nepo baby and the worst captain, by far.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

redshirt posted:

Archer's a dumb whiney little nepo baby and the worst captain, by far.

Some might say that what the ship needed was a captain, but Archer was more of a pilot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I do find it funny that Picard has more on-screen romances than Kirk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think kirk had more scenes where he bemoaned being married to his ship than he did romances.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You make out with one green lady in the 60's and everyone loses their minds!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

naem posted:

Yeah baby that's how I get down

Also Kirk acts like an incel PUA which is to say incel PUAs act like 60s chauvinists

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Not counting the mirror Hoshi hookup, Archer is shown hiking and camping with a captain of another ship who makes an appearance or two throughout the series, including near the very end.

Try to describe some traits about Archer. I can't really come up with anything solid other than loves his dog and water polo which was pretty short lived color. Dedicated to ideals? I dunno.

You can think of the other captains and come up with all kinds of adjectives and phrases, and background info.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

He's... "personable" I guess. If you had problems he basically sat with you in his little dorm room and talked it over, no desk or ready room, just the dulcet sounds of water polo on the screen

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Not counting the mirror Hoshi hookup, Archer is shown hiking and camping with a captain of another ship who makes an appearance or two throughout the series, including near the very end.

Try to describe some traits about Archer. I can't really come up with anything solid other than loves his dog and water polo which was pretty short lived color. Dedicated to ideals? I dunno.

You can think of the other captains and come up with all kinds of adjectives and phrases, and background info.

The Vulcans are holding us back! And they don't like my dad.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Archer: ill-tempered criminal bully with a short fuse. Poor listener with no morals and a silver spoon in his mouth

naem
May 29, 2011

to be fair it must have been a challenge for Scott Bakula after he quantum leaped inside of his own doppelgänger and then had to captain a spaceship

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Big rear end On Fire posted:

A guy that was told to his face that he isn't going to get the nod because he lacks leadership qualities. But then the top pick gets sole blame for uncovering the truth about Vulcan Science Institute sandbagging the engine project after one mistake was made, and unlike all other candidates, he has all the important scientists who developed the tech to begin with on a speed dial because they are family friends. And the Earth politicians are afraid of him and Trip going public with the info which would ruin the alliance with Vulcans.

It isn't just a joke that he gets called nepobaby all the time here.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Is war crimes a trait?

naem
May 29, 2011

the Vulcan high command then send T’Pol to keep an eye on the huu mons and she immediately starts a relationship with the warp drive engineer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He's a huge dork.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

And in the show during some time travel bs or something they talk about how huge the imprint he leaves on ~everything~

I can't remember if they every address him stealing that ship's warp core or if it is brought back to the high command.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

naem posted:

the Vulcan high command then send T’Pol to keep an eye on the huu mons and she immediately starts a relationship with the warp drive engineer

She just got unlucky by getting a psychic STD then later permanent brain damage from her drug addiction.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

also trip was the only fuckable person on that ship

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

naem posted:

Vulcan relationships look intense. A casual fling with a human half your age who'll be dead in 50 years is probably a nice change of pace.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

I think this is the real answer, but he never had his own show, so I’m not sure it counts.

Do you mean Hoshi in the mirror universe? But anyway I thought he hooked up a couple different times with different women but I’m not going to rewatch to be sure.

No there was one ep with an alternate timeline where he wakes up with amnesia to learn he got a brain injury and the Xindi end up blowing up Earth because T'Pol made a bad decision in his place. I think she rammed a ship and they lost warp so they couldn't stop the Xindi from reaching Earth. Anyway I thought she also revealed they are married but that was just my imagination and would be pretty weird on T'Pol considering his condition lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

hmm

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TrashMammal posted:

this is Chef erasure and I won't stand for it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I think she rammed a ship and they lost warp so they couldn't stop the Xindi from reaching Earth.

It's a pity that her 'bad' decision was more badass than anything Archer ever did.

(There's two ships attacking, one docks to board so she flies the ship so that the one attached to Enterprise rams into the other one.)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 2, 2024

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

trip=gently caress, phlox=marry, archer=kill

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Being fuckable was the only reason Mayweather was there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i feel that you do not appreciate freighter anecdotes enough

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

:negative:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

OK Boomer.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Phlox was the fuckingest character in maybe all star trek what

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I absolutely love that they didn’t even bother to give Travis’s dad a first name

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

My impression is that while, yes, Archer starts off as a whiny nepobaby that his experiences were slowly turning him into an ideal Starfleet captain and frontier diplomat. Maybe if the show ran longer we'd see more of that evolution. Maybe he would even come to appreciate why the Vulcans were so hesitant about humanity getting out there instead of being mad about it. The fact that he was mad about it was why the Vulcans were worried, but they underestimated humanity's ability to grow and mature when exposure to new ideas and cultures.

I'm still sad ENT got pulled just as it was getting good.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MikeJF posted:

Being fuckable was the only reason Mayweather was there.

Imagine being hired as eye candy, knowing full well you were hired as eye candy, and then some neckbeard says Tripp was the only fuckable one. SMH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

i’m halfway through watching season 1 of enterprise for the first time and i’ve been enjoying it. it’s like a space submarine tv show.