Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

040124_4
Apr 1, 2024
entire thread has never been to a marijuana coffeeshop high and on SA, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Human.Frank posted:

I've been seeing GATE talk for 10+ years all saying the same poo poo. Here's what I don't see people talking about :
- Where did this list of traits come from?
- Were these people looking for a group or an individual?
- Are they still looking? From my perspective the current GATE program doesn't match what has been described in the past.

Not to mention there were reports of loving aliens at schools during the 80/90's lmao I wish GATE kids would stop mentally masturbating over how special they are and sit down and figure this poo poo out; they were supposed to be smart!

pretty sure it's just "indigo child" horseshit for narcissistic navel gazing.
hell, one of the criteria is blue eyes. not too hard to see it's the same latent/blatant white supremacist trash as a lot of white people hippy poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It's a lot of people in even just this thread that share seemingly unconnected traits. I don't think anyone is claiming to be an ubermensch it's just strange enough to meet two left handed people in a group of 10, and adding all the rest together should represent a much smaller grouping of people than self-identified even in this thread.

I don't know what that means. It's very weird though

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i will not bow down to your sinister agenda, you southpaw freaks!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

My only agenda in high school was grabbing the one left handed desk that right handed people always sat in for some reason

Years of smudged graphite and hand cramps

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The preponderance of childhood NDE's is the only relevant part imo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was going to say that I matched all of the criteria except a near-death experience, but I just remembered that I was wrapped in the umbilical cord, which necessitated a c-section, and I had a severe case of dehydration that could have killed me (without modern medical intervention).

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/NWSPortland/status/1775204750973452738

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

the us government is being taken over by communists!! and theyre posadists!!!!

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/MarkSZaidEsq/status/1775198730255282502

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We do not have a microwave gun. Who mentioned a microwave gun?
Please stop asking us about the microwave gun.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1775176449445564496?t=yHVbhWj6mMeBqhUkaQZAvQ&s=19

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

gotta be the shoes

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

so if you're zapping someone with low dose microwaves every day, wouldn't that primarily affect skin? i guess nerve tissue has a slow replacement rate compared to skin, so if it was dosed over months eventually the nervous system could be destroyed, but it seems like the skin would be absorbing most of the microwaves. so you'd also have a bunch of lesions, and their eyeballs would also be all hosed up. probably little to no penetration to the brain or cns

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Tom of FinUAP

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I remember these guys from mass effect

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hatebag posted:

pretty sure it's just "indigo child" horseshit for narcissistic navel gazing.
hell, one of the criteria is blue eyes. not too hard to see it's the same latent/blatant white supremacist trash as a lot of white people hippy poo poo

blue eyed people are "magically" superior to 67% of the world population in a way that's legally distinct from mundane ethnic supremacy worldviews because they also have to be left handed and go thru a gifted program. a nice clean feeling of superiority without the racist baggage :smuggo:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

nordic aliens landing on my lawn to warn me about the protocols of the elders of ferenginar

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sensing a lot of people projecting maybe some different hangups onto what is primarily just a huge mystery to me and not a claim of being a homo superior.

I actually agree with Frank that the biggest mystery is what the gently caress were they looking for and what did they find, because it weren't me

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the secret of GATE programs is that school districts don't have enough money to give everyone a decent education so they pick the cream of the crop for extra funding and more capable teachers because you don't want to squander your middle class geniuses who can't afford private schooling. the conspiracy is that quality public education in america is rationed because doing any better would involve paying teachers enough money to attract and retain capable people rather than tailoring the field to the dregs of society with no other options

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm sensing a lot of people projecting maybe some different hangups onto what is primarily just a huge mystery to me and not a claim of being a homo superior.

I actually agree with Frank that the biggest mystery is what the gently caress were they looking for and what did they find, because it weren't me

homo superior is my grindr handle

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hatebag posted:

so if you're zapping someone with low dose microwaves every day, wouldn't that primarily affect skin? i guess nerve tissue has a slow replacement rate compared to skin, so if it was dosed over months eventually the nervous system could be destroyed, but it seems like the skin would be absorbing most of the microwaves. so you'd also have a bunch of lesions, and their eyeballs would also be all hosed up. probably little to no penetration to the brain or cns

the sun zaps us with microwaves every day

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

anonymous whistlepussy

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

euphronius posted:

how do we stop this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

stay indoors, where it is safe from the radiation of the sun (sol)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Marzzle posted:

blue eyed people are "magically" superior to 67% of the world population in a way that's legally distinct from mundane ethnic supremacy worldviews because they also have to be left handed and go thru a gifted program. a nice clean feeling of superiority without the racist baggage :smuggo:

I'm pretty sure the particular trait list under discussion also starts with "is male" so don't worry, it's not that people without blue eyes can't be psychic, it's just that the people making candidate lists have specific ideas for marketable Messiahs

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

no it doesn't, microwaves are 106 to 109 nm, they're not even close to being on this solar spectrum chart:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the sun doesn't even shoot gamma rays or xrays at us. just boring old ultraviolet through infrared

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you need to study ideal black bodies some more, hate bag

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Hatebag posted:

the sun doesn't even shoot gamma rays or xrays at us. just boring old ultraviolet through infrared

a solar microwave truther, I see. smh

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

I think you need to study ideal black bodies some more, hate bag

ideal blackbodies in spaces?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm pretty sure the particular trait list under discussion also starts with "is male" so don't worry, it's not that people without blue eyes can't be psychic, it's just that the people making candidate lists have specific ideas for marketable Messiahs

(in the year 2024) you may not like it but this is what peak messianic marketability performance looks like

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

to be clear, the sun does emit a small amount of microwaves but they're all absorbed by the atmosphere. other types of wacky stars/former stars like pulsars, neutron stars, and black holes emit much higher amounts of microwave radiation

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Marzzle posted:

(in the year 2024) you may not like it but this is what peak messianic marketability performance looks like

Messiah please.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Messiah please.

ok hear me out: messianic george p bush + decolletage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please no one listen to hate bag and their solar microwave denialism

it’s some sick poo poo

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Marzzle posted:

ok hear me out: messianic george p bush + decolletage

I'm hearing you and what's more, I'm listening.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

if you put a lean cuisine out on a sunny day it will get hot. and yet hatebag insists there are no microwaves? curious...

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

if you put a lean cuisine out on a sunny day it will get hot. and yet hatebag insists there are no microwaves? curious...

this is how I cook frozen chicken pot pies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm hearing you and what's more, I'm listening.

neoliberal austerity in cold war government messiah programs results in a big titty savior george p bush projecting into the dreams of humanity to leave a psychic imprint of ice cold bud light drizzling down george's supple breasts instead of communism being a tool of satan :pervert: