Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

aw frig aw dang it posted:

if you put a lean cuisine out on a sunny day it will get hot. and yet hatebag insists there are no microwaves? curious...

omg, you're right! ive been bamboozled by these god damned spectrum charts for the last god damned time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

water does absorb microwaves . guess what your skin is made out of ? yes: water

stay inside or get fried

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Marzzle posted:

neoliberal austerity in cold war government messiah programs results in a big titty savior george p bush projecting into the dreams of humanity to leave a psychic imprint of ice cold bud light drizzling down george's supple breasts instead of communism being a tool of satan :pervert:

To turn a man into a woman and a woman into a man are yours, Inana. Desirability and arousal, goods and property are yours, Inana. To send big titty savior george p bush into the dreams of humanity to leave a psychic imprint of ice cold bud light drizzling down george's supple breasts instead of communism being a tool of satan is yours, Inana

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

To turn a man into a woman and a woman into a man are yours, Inana. Desirability and arousal, goods and property are yours, Inana. To send big titty savior george p bush into the dreams of humanity to leave a psychic imprint of ice cold bud light drizzling down george's supple breasts instead of communism being a tool of satan is yours, Inana

as above, so below. namaste 🙏

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Human.Frank posted:

I've been seeing GATE talk for 10+ years all saying the same poo poo. Here's what I don't see people talking about :
- Where did this list of traits come from?
- Were these people looking for a group or an individual?
- Are they still looking? From my perspective the current GATE program doesn't match what has been described in the past.

Not to mention there were reports of loving aliens at schools during the 80/90's lmao I wish GATE kids would stop mentally masturbating over how special they are and sit down and figure this poo poo out; they were supposed to be smart!

Hatebag posted:

pretty sure it's just "indigo child" horseshit for narcissistic navel gazing.
hell, one of the criteria is blue eyes. not too hard to see it's the same latent/blatant white supremacist trash as a lot of white people hippy poo poo

No one in this thread has claimed any sort of superiority at all or that we're uniquely special in any way. People shouldn't misconstrue older coterminous indigo children lore/ bullshit for people here stating their own contemporary experiences.

Plus this thread has actively talked about the white supremacist bullshit attached to the UFO community, and specifically called out the fake rear end Nordic alien concept for the supremacist trash it is as well.

Marzzle posted:

the secret of GATE programs is that school districts don't have enough money to give everyone a decent education so they pick the cream of the crop for extra funding and more capable teachers because you don't want to squander your middle class geniuses who can't afford private schooling. the conspiracy is that quality public education in america is rationed because doing any better would involve paying teachers enough money to attract and retain capable people rather than tailoring the field to the dregs of society with no other options

Yup, like most things it boils down to capitalists being cheap assholes.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Marzzle posted:

nordic aliens landing on my lawn to warn me about the protocols of the elders of ferenginar

they will produce and distribute photographs of FEMALES wearing clothing in an attempt to suppress the birthrate

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Related to NDE chat:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/02/new-science-of-death-brain-activity-consciousness-near-death-experience

quote:

In the moments after Patient One was taken off oxygen, there was a surge of activity in her dying brain. Areas that had been nearly silent while she was on life support suddenly thrummed with high-frequency electrical signals called gamma waves. In particular, the parts of the brain that scientists consider a “hot zone” for consciousness became dramatically alive. In one section, the signals remained detectable for more than six minutes. In another, they were 11 to 12 times higher than they had been before Patient One’s ventilator was removed.

“As she died, Patient One’s brain was functioning in a kind of hyperdrive,” Borjigin told me. For about two minutes after her oxygen was cut off, there was an intense synchronisation of her brain waves, a state associated with many cognitive functions, including heightened attention and memory. The synchronisation dampened for about 18 seconds, then intensified again for more than four minutes. It faded for a minute, then came back for a third time.

In those same periods of dying, different parts of Patient One’s brain were suddenly in close communication with each other. The most intense connections started immediately after her oxygen stopped, and lasted for nearly four minutes. There was another burst of connectivity more than five minutes and 20 seconds after she was taken off life support. In particular, areas of her brain associated with processing conscious experience – areas that are active when we move through the waking world, and when we have vivid dreams – were communicating with those involved in memory formation. So were parts of the brain associated with empathy. Even as she slipped irrevocably deeper into death, something that looked astonishingly like life was taking place over several minutes in Patient One’s brain.

Was the brain, as a receiver, saying it's final farewell to the consciousness it hosted or have we somehow evolved a completely pointless trait which means at the point of irrevocable death we bow out with a wave of useless dreams?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A grey keeps leaving bird carcasses at my door

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

A grey keeps leaving bird carcasses at my door

he's just trying to teach you how to abduct

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

blatman posted:

homo superior is my grindr handle

homo eitheror

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

The Demilich posted:

No one in this thread has claimed any sort of superiority at all or that we're uniquely special in any way. People shouldn't misconstrue older coterminous indigo children lore/ bullshit for people here stating their own contemporary experiences.

Plus this thread has actively talked about the white supremacist bullshit attached to the UFO community, and specifically called out the fake rear end Nordic alien concept for the supremacist trash it is as well.

Yup, like most things it boils down to capitalists being cheap assholes.
Yeah, the amerikan education is hosed and has been for a long time, but some of those posts seem to be projecting stuff onto this thread that isn't there.

I've found it interesting to read and think about. I don't recall being part of such a program, but there are some interesting synchronicities. Maybe I just narrowly avoided GATE's notice. I was labeled """gifted""" in elementary school briefly, but that was only until they realized that was just autistic hyperfixation on creative writing, and I actually couldn't do anything else like math or logic. I got skipped ahead a grade, then skipped back down the same day when I couldn't do a math problem in front of the whole class and melted down. Good times.

Anyway, I do have blue eyes, but I'm not left-handed or ambidextrous. I wonder if I could have been though, because my dad was. He just went to Catholic school where the nuns literally beat your hands with rulers if you wrote lefthanded. He never had much interest in writing in later years, wonder why. I might have been subtly encouraged by his and my mom's experiences to just do everything righthanded.

I still know I'm special regardless of that childhood stuff, but it's because of my own choices and experiences, not anything I was born with.

Anyway anyway,

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So may it be. :love:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Evolution by natural selection "chooses" pointless crap traits nonstop. It never selects good traits except by chance, only what's good enough out of the random sack of poo poo. If a good enough trait has knock-on effects it sticks.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

UFOs are way more exciting than dumb Havana subscribe go back to UFOs

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Jrooti uses a microwave too. Frozen burrito heating is universal.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hmm, that Lue picture would make a good av, I wonder where the original is

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

spooky hustlers gangtag when

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hmm, that Lue picture would make a good av, I wonder where the original is

cringy rossco worship aside

https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1397797876013539332?s=20

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i demand the govt reveal their stolen alien technology capable of repairing a thread title

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

RESTORING MACHINERY

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

RESTORING MACHINERY

i love hacks, and im here to tell you thats a new ural

it looks like a 2014 w/ efi and the new disc brakes lmao

fake news!!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

spooky hustlers gangtag when

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
*buys a used 2022 camaro*

i restored this

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

To restore machinery and to repair thread titles are yours, Inana

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

no coulhart you will loose subscriber

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
drat busting the layers out of that hustlers image would be a pain in the rear end but maybe worth it

You could either do a bunch of rapid wipes with the crew whipping across the bottom and stopping for a frame, or you could dump them and move the text down there and make the space where the text is fade to transparency with some stars or something. Or maybe have the monsters move around ominously a little bit like the grey has psi waves and the hands are kinda moving and the werewolf has a little drool

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Delta-Wye posted:

i love hacks, and im here to tell you thats a new ural

it looks like a 2014 w/ efi and the new disc brakes lmao

fake news!!

Came here to post this lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/mmylova/status/1775215776246763640

fascinating news for any fans of cosmology

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
loving heroic

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I may just be a nutter but the meditation voices promised a revelation come the eclipse

May this truly be the end

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I may just be a nutter but the meditation voices promised a revelation come the eclipse

May this truly be the end

Not gonna hope for this, I don't want to get hurt again

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

I see four passions if you count $3 black T-shirts from Target and Sportsclips hairdos

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

mr_jolly posted:

Related to NDE chat:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/02/new-science-of-death-brain-activity-consciousness-near-death-experience

Was the brain, as a receiver, saying it's final farewell to the consciousness it hosted or have we somehow evolved a completely pointless trait which means at the point of irrevocable death we bow out with a wave of useless dreams?

The thing that stands out to me there is that this stuff started happening immediately when the oxygen was cut off. Like I can hold my breath or stick my head underwater and I'm not suddenly having an NDE. This person was basically brain dead but somehow the instant the oxygen was cut off there was an immediate reaction and this so called process of death started. That's weird.

Anyway, have a new larp: https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/1budbzl/i_run_a_lab_in_new_mexico_i_have_a_story_to_tell/

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've got the traits plus nearly died as a preemie, but outside the NDE stuff it just strikes me as a selection bias. Mostly white dudes of a particular age range that got used to computers quickly due to having access/encouragement, like most of the userbase of SA.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Must be plenty of money in the disclosure blueballing circuit

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Evolution by natural selection "chooses" pointless crap traits nonstop. It never selects good traits except by chance, only what's good enough out of the random sack of poo poo. If a good enough trait has knock-on effects it sticks.

survival of the barely adequate

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

D-Pad posted:

The thing that stands out to me there is that this stuff started happening immediately when the oxygen was cut off. Like I can hold my breath or stick my head underwater and I'm not suddenly having an NDE. This person was basically brain dead but somehow the instant the oxygen was cut off there was an immediate reaction and this so called process of death started. That's weird.

Anyway, have a new larp: https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/1budbzl/i_run_a_lab_in_new_mexico_i_have_a_story_to_tell/

lol even the people in that sub are like “lol yeah sure ok bud”

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

mediaphage posted:

lol even the people in that sub are like “lol yeah sure ok bud”

And that's in r/aliens, probably the most credulous bird sub going

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i liked it until the boxes stuff. obvs a raw writer with a talent needing some honing.

there was a story posted here lots years and years ago by a guy whose company seemingly forgot him so showed up to an office with no one, did nothing, got paid and was in a strange kind of employment limbo for a while until the company caught up on its poo poo and it was over. world industries? or something like that

anyways i thought this larp was going there. imho there is a non zero chance that some person can stumble across some like warehouse that is both completely upkept in terms of bills being paid and power being on but also no one even knows its there cos 45 years ago it hosted roswell debris or whatever and now its off the books and in limbo just waiting for people with strangely malfunctioning phones to find them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

mr_jolly posted:

Related to NDE chat:

There's plenty of dmt saved up for the big blast off in your skull. They just need to hook that scanner up to me at a phish show.