Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Does people seriously believe that Biden set the the date for Transgender Day of Visibilty?

i guarantee the majority of them never heard of it until now, so the only framework in which they've heard of it is the current outrage and not considering the obvious idea that easter, not having a set date, could blunder into the path of other notable days

evangelical self-victimization, just add water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah, and once they found out it happens the same day every year they still cried like babies that their holiday only got 99% of the attention instead of 100%.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah, and once they found out it happens the same day every year they still cried like babies that their holiday only got 99% of the attention instead of 100%.

Literally the only things I saw or heard about the transgender day of visibility, aside from Biden acknowledging it, was conservative whining.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
It's still Biden's fault though because he didn't unilaterally change the holiday to avoid a conflict:

quote:

Charles Moran, president of the Log Cabin Republicans, described the president's Easter post as disrespectful in an exclusive statement to Newsweek on Sunday.

"Time and time again, the Biden-Harris Administration shows that it's utterly tone-deaf when it comes to the priorities of average Americans," Moran said. "Yes - this Administration has been marking March 31st as Transgender Day of Visibility for several years now. And yes, Easter moves around. But I'm awe-struck that nobody in the White House thought that it might be prudent to possibly move the trans proclamation up or back a day, so it didn't directly conflict with the most important holiday in the Christian faith."

He continued: "This entire episode shows extreme disrespect to Christians, or extreme malpractice upon Biden's advisors. Either way, it's a bad look for this Administration, creates unneeded division in America, and shows that LGBT voters should seriously look elsewhere for leadership than the failed Biden-Harris Administration. They're needlessly making it worse, not better, for all of us, with stunts like this."
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-republican-lgbt-group-reacts-bidens-transgender-day-message-1885448

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Alhazred posted:

Does people seriously believe that Biden set the the date for Transgender Day of Visibilty?

Biden also wants to cancel Easter, deny your kids candy, and convert your kids into commie furries by making the Easter Bunny a Trans anthro female!

Or something like that.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

wizzardstaff posted:

It's still Biden's fault though because he didn't unilaterally change the holiday to avoid a conflict:

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-republican-lgbt-group-reacts-bidens-transgender-day-message-1885448

quote:

Charles Moran, president of the Log Cabin Republicans,

really

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

There is a huge number of reasons this poo poo is infuriating, but the big ugly one that is the elephant in the room is "people with literal Nazi flags showed up to CPAC and none of them did anything about it, the Republicans refused to tell Nazi supporters to gently caress off, and let's not forget the torch wielding mob howling JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US a few years back."

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Boy it sure is weird how an institution where the role of President of the place have been Jews for most of this century keeps tolerating Nazi students ain't it
Why you think they would give a blatantly overqualified man like Cornel West tenure if they were that pro-Palestine. I mean hell, black man with a stacked resume, those wokesters should be jumping at it right

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 2, 2024

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

wizzardstaff posted:

Yeah, their strategy is to pretend as if TDoV was some sort of federal holiday that Biden could either cancel or delay, then act as if the fact that he didn't is some sort of direct blasphemy against God proving that Christians are the most persecuted minority in America, and then pivot to attacking trans peoples' existence. So many Evangelical shitheads spent yesterday screaming about how trans people actually have all the power in this country, and every TV show is full of transes so why do they even need a day of visibility, maybe we should ban gender-affirming care and jail all doctors who provide it just throwing that out there??

JamesBont posted:

Biden also wants to cancel Easter, deny your kids candy, and convert your kids into commie furries by making the Easter Bunny a Trans anthro female!

Or something like that.

Finally, a positive reason to vote for the man.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Alhazred posted:

Yes? He defined it as the first Sunday after the ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or soonest after 21 March.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, their strategy is to pretend as if TDoV was some sort of federal holiday that Biden could either cancel or delay, then act as if the fact that he didn't is some sort of direct blasphemy against God proving that Christians are the most persecuted minority in America, and then pivot to attacking trans peoples' existence. So many Evangelical shitheads spent yesterday screaming about how trans people actually have all the power in this country, and every TV show is full of transes so why do they even need a day of visibility, maybe we should ban gender-affirming care and jail all doctors who provide it just throwing that out there??
If you want an example of people getting angry at the President for poo poo outside of his control, look at how the media have pretty intentionally allowed an increasing number of people to believe the President (chief executive of the government) has a meaningful amount of control over the (free market capitalist and very intentionally designed not to be influenced by the government) economy. At this point I think it's like gerrymandering- tolerated by both sides because they both take advantage of it at different points in time.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Nenonen posted:

Yes? He defined it as the first Sunday after the ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or soonest after 21 March.

Biden at the First Council of Nicaea arguing about it with constantine in 325 ad "nah i need it to line up with Easter on a specific date over a thousand years from now"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Staluigi posted:

Biden at the First Council of Nicaea arguing about it with constantine in 325 ad "nah i need it to line up with Easter on a specific date over a thousand years from now"

Biden standing outside of Jesus’ tomb, staring at his watch, muttering “C’mon, Jack, hurry it up”

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the sharp rise in UK household bills – Rates for phone, broadband and water are increasing from 1 April, although energy costs are coming down"

Telegraph:

Erdogan’s party suffers biggest election upset in more than 20 years

Times:

Rishi Sunak faces revolt over plan to criminalise homelessness

Evening Standard:

Tories risk ‘near death experience’ in London with zero MPs, shock poll suggests; Controversial hate crime law comes into effect

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

And a possible avatar for someone:

And since one person requested it, the Guardian's weekly football cartoon strip from David Squires:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
TY 4 Squires 4 ever.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies nomination: Worst Label

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey, what about a Cisgender Day of Visibility? It’s only fair!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am definitely not establishing a state religion by moving this day to satisfy whining members of a religion like what are you even talking about

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Why is Hitler missing his mustache?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
I know that the Harvard students aren't Nazis because if they were Nazis then every right-winger would be tripping over themselves to defend their "freedom of speech"

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Pants Donkey posted:

I am definitely not establishing a state religion by moving this day to satisfy whining members of a religion like what are you even talking about

American Family Association's line is that those nefarious transgenders knew this was gonna happen when they chose that date! A feature, not a bug!

They're also claiming that transitioning is a satanic reverse-baptism ritual, so celebrating it on Easter is a direct attack on the divinity of Christ, so they are having a completely normal one about this.

Crunch Buttsteak fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 2, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Surely there's a far worse celebration happening on the same day as Easter this year, because as Psalm 14 says, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." and there's nothing worse you can say than that.

Are they all equally up in arms about this?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Guavanaut posted:

Surely there's a far worse celebration happening on the same day as Easter this year, because as Psalm 14 says, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God." and there's nothing worse you can say than that.

Are they all equally up in arms about this?
You're asking if American conservative Christians are up in arms about the existence of atheists? Because, yes. They are.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No, about Easter falling on April Fools Day.

I remember the Evangelicals had a whole thing way back about writing to the film classification saying that 'fool' should be worse than other censored words like 'motherfucker' because one is denying God and the other is just loving your mother, which is a sin but not the worst one, so surely they're super pissed about Easter falling on April Fools Day and haven't just ditched that one for the next thing to be outraged about that came along.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

No, about Easter falling on April Fools Day.

easter was the 31st

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

hexwren posted:

easter was the 31st

April fool!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Australian World Central Kitchen aid worker 'Zomi' Frankcom killed by apparent Israeli air strike in Gaza (ABC).

Rowe:

Spooner:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

???? ? ???

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm glad they added the book otherwise I might have mistaken her for another J K rowling

yes and also

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

I concur.

???? ? ???

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

They've already come out and said she can do whatever she wants.

Unless you mean what is the officer saying, he's saying she turned herself in for calling herself a woman.

duz fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 2, 2024

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...april fool's was yesterday

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Scotland has brought in some new laws against hate crimes. jk rowling, fuckhead and transphobe who has nothing better to do with her untold riches than be a bigot all day on social media, did a whole twitter rant calling numerous specific trans women men in a "oh i bet i'll be arrested for this!!!" martyrdom style. she is not in fact getting arrested but that detail is obviously not relevant to the anti-woke outrage machine

e: also the police officer has both an earring and a beard because they are WOKE!! SCARY WOKES WITH THEIR FASHION CHOICES THAT WOULD BE MILDLY UNCONVENTIONAL A FEW DECADES AGO

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I mean, I figured it was some manner of transphobic nonsense involving her, because she's a terrible person, but the cartoon itself was twisting itself into such knots to try and...and what? Say she wasn't a woman, and thereby misgendered herself? And citizen arrested herself for it? Or... ???????

Not exactly a surprise, given it's spooner jr, but

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Aoi posted:

it's spooner jr
Johannes Leak is the one brought in to replace his dead dad, John Spooner is nearly eighty like the average reader of The Australian.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
it being a citizens arrest just makes the cartoon better. literally here is rowling wasting police time trying to get herself arrested with some bullshit that doesn't even make sense, let alone describe the desires of any trans campaigners anywhere, all while looking incredibly smug about it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

hexwren posted:

...april fool's was yesterday

Ap...april fo-fool...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I dunno. Since they want to be oppressed so loving badly, maybe a few of the christians and transphobes (but I repeat myself) should get nailed to boards by the government, for old times' sake.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

"We've got some lovely holes you can sit at the bottom of."

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

I guess... nobody better criticize anyone for anything ever, then? That's really the best defense of this you can come up with?

Ed Gamble

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

John Darkow

Kirk Walters

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Peters

Monte Wolverton

NEMŘ

Rivers

Rivers has done a lot of dumb cartoons, but...

Trump is a mindless, destructive gorilla that is about to be destroyed. A good cartoon.

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

"This fire department has followed better procedures than literally spraying everything in sight with a flamethrower."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Anniversary of a tornado that killed a bunch of people locally, for those wondering.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Walt Handelsman

An underestimating the problem cartoon- such parents absolutely let their infected kids go out and play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

This is depressingly accurate for Canada too.