Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Alchemist posted:

Were dinosaurs our slaves or were we the dinosaurs' slaves?

Actual historical picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Spare a thought for the luxury homeowners

First they came for the dinosaurs...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kale posted:

Ive noticed this about youtube lately. Cant even search for video game content anymore without getting culture war ragebait bullshit instead most of the time. Its too blatant and lovely for anyone not into gently caress faces raging about DEI and "wokeness" cause I tried to find a song from FFVII and people obsessed with the size of Tifas chest ruined the algorithm on that game just before launch. Its correcting a little now that its been out for a while and they've made that Korean game they're new target, but still pretty bad.

Once again going to plug Blocktube. Block keywords you don't want, accounts with names you don't want, etc. My recommends and results are clean.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Tesla lying about how many cars it makes:

https://staging.bsky.app/profile/niedermeyer.io/post/3kp5sheldcl2a

quote:

Over on the r/RealTesla subreddit someone points out that if you do the math Tesla has produced 144,366 more vehicles over the past two years than it has actually delivered.

Wonder where they all went!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

redshirt posted:

Hell yeah

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

gschmidl posted:

Once again going to plug Blocktube. Block keywords you don't want, accounts with names you don't want, etc. My recommends and results are clean.

This sounds like a better idea than my go to, which is to ask an AI with web search to search youtube and exclude results with poo poo that's pissing me off poisoning the results.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

Dinotopia really took a weird turn...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bruceski posted:

That's from a loving movie?! I have heard that story so many times and thought it was just a bigot urban legend, never knew where it started.

It's been around way longer than that. Turns up in OG Sherlock Holmes for example.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

redshirt posted:

Dinoriders kicked rear end

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Spare a thought for the luxury homeowners

Raising a glass to the Chilean Robin Hoods right now

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Netflix and Chile

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pretty sure the chilean burglar thing has been happening for years, its not a new story

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The Alchemist posted:

:baby:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Who is still working at Twitter? I live in a relatively tech-heavy city and it's hilarious how a job at Facebook now sounds embarrassing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Alchemist posted:

In the Documentary "The Flintstones" dinosaurs are shown to have evolved to do useful things for the humans of the time period. They slowly died out as their jobs were taken by technology.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

redshirt posted:

That doesn't exactly make it clear which group were the slaves.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Those 144,000 cars have obviosly been set a side as part of a mad max'esq military fleet to end wokeness. Elons musk dozens of twitter followers will drive them into battle to victory in the wokeness wars. You know as soon as any of them log off and leave their rooms.

So I guess we're all safe... FOR NOW!!!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

pixaal posted:

In the Documentary "The Flintstones" dinosaurs are shown to have evolved to do useful things for the humans of the time period. They slowly died out as their jobs were taken by technology.

loving NAFTA killed off those beautiful beasts.

dopesilly
Aug 4, 2023

Bruceski posted:

That's from a loving movie?! I have heard that story so many times and thought it was just a bigot urban legend, never knew where it started.

As a fan of the original Roadhouse, he doesn't give a homeless person money and then the homeless person takes off in a nice car, he gives the homeless person the keys to his car since he's leaving the city and doesn't want car anymore because he knows it'd get hosed up by hillbillies at his new gig. But yeah there are panhandlers out there that do make 50k+/year and have nice cars or actually have a place to live. One time I saw a woman panhandling with a stroller and later that day I saw her putting her kid into a car seat in the back of a pretty nice Mustang. Scammers will scam, but that's the exception not the rule, typically they'll blow their money on booze or drugs.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
For a while there was a script floating around for a Jurrasic Park sequel that sounded dinoriders'esq with military adding weapons to dinosaurs and what not. Honestly suprised no one made a dinoriders movie with the some financial success of the transformers one and all the marvels crap. Dinoriders is no less stupid than them.

Also more dinosaurs in them!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

dopesilly posted:

As a fan of the original Roadhouse, he doesn't give a homeless person money and then the homeless person takes off in a nice car, he gives the homeless person the keys to his car since he's leaving the city and doesn't want car anymore because he knows it'd get hosed up by hillbillies at his new gig. But yeah there are panhandlers out there that do make 50k+/year and have nice cars or actually have a place to live. One time I saw a woman panhandling with a stroller and later that day I saw her putting her kid into a car seat in the back of a pretty nice Mustang. Scammers will scam, but that's the exception not the rule, typically they'll blow their money on booze or drugs.

Well I waaaay mis-remembered that. My dad still hates homeless people regardless

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Also, consider that a kinda nice used car might cost 10,000 to 20,000 dollars once, whereas an apartment costs more than that every year. A panhandler might have a "nice" car because that's what they live in and they really need one that works.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Or they had it before they lost their home. Also I think most panhandlers use the money to buy food and other essential needs.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bubbacub posted:

Who is still working at Twitter? I live in a relatively tech-heavy city and it's hilarious how a job at Facebook now sounds embarrassing.
If you're on the site and see someone with the X logo next to the blue check, they're an employee. A lot of them seem to be the type of dimwitted and cringeworthy people that would be openly excited to work for Elon and his idiot racist app

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The hundred and forty‐four thousand are looking down on us from heaven.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This guy works for X. Here's a post from April Fools. They post cringe like this and also dickride

The bridge collapsed, let's almost immediately make it about Elon, I hope he sees this

And this is just vomit

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 2, 2024

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Cool Dad posted:

Or they had it before they lost their home. Also I think most panhandlers use the money to buy food and other essential needs.

Helping someone materially is a good thing to do. If you convince yourself someone who is asking you for help would just spend it on drugs or actually chooses this lifestyle to assuage that feeling you get when you turn your back on your fellow man, I get it, but you can also just give someone a few dollars no questions asked too, simply because they asked you.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gschmidl posted:

There were and it was, you imbecilic, drooling cretinous fuckwits! aaaaaahhh

there were a ton of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8P12BXebo

I don't remember the exact one but there was one where the guy barely survived the ICU and they asked him if he changed his mind now that he'd seen it first-hand, if he would take the vaccine and he said "heck no"
:beerpal:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It’s all happening…on X!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt posted:

hell yeah

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

shyduck posted:

And this is just vomit

This is just AIs responding to each other in the void

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

shyduck posted:

This guy works for X. Here's a post from April Fools. They post cringe like this and also dickride

The bridge collapsed, let's almost immediately make it about Elon, I hope he sees this

And this is just vomit

Goddamn, what a wasteland of a site. :barf:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Murdstone posted:

It’s all happening…on X!

I would prefer it didn't happen at all.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

At some point the bank or whoever loaned the money to Elon is going to want it back no? Like there's no way twitter is currently profitable to where they can even pay the interest they owe

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cassette Moodcore posted:

At some point the bank or whoever loaned the money to Elon is going to want it back no? Like there's no way twitter is currently profitable to where they can even pay the interest they owe

Most of the groups that got musk the money seemed to decided to have a bit of twitter rather than just giving a loan... so probably regretting that now.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

there were a ton of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8P12BXebo

I don't remember the exact one but there was one where the guy barely survived the ICU and they asked him if he changed his mind now that he'd seen it first-hand, if he would take the vaccine and he said "heck no"
:beerpal:

Having seen this and other stories I cannot fathom the patience required to be a healthcare provider in this day and age.

Interacting with literal medieval peasants who attribute grandpa's recovery to the prayer they offered while waiting in the Sonic drive-thru, not the 36 hour shifts you've been pulling to save his rear end. And god help you if he dies, here comes the local militia to invade the hospital and retrieve his corpse so they can revive him with horse paste and Mega BrainForce supplements.

Maybe doctors need to revert to ye olde methods where they told patients to hang a magic horsehoe above their door, but also maybe eat some vegetables and wash themselves. Oh wow the horseshoe worked, they feel better already!!!!!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Homeless, immigrants, whatever. It's all people who can be 'othered'

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

kazil posted:

lol they think I'm going to feel bad for the people that had $800,000 worth of jewelry in their house

We know someone who's a property manager for some rich family that owns a penthouse suite in Seattle that's just a spot for them to stay when they're here on business. That comes out to maybe 3-5 days a year.
She spends more time in that condo than they do.
I wish people were robbing luxury homes and running their overpriced poo poo across the border.
Eat the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This seems good in principle, but have you seen Elon? No way that blob body's coming out tasty.