Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rub Rabbits sequel for Switch Advance launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Notable April 2024 releases

04-11-2024 Moonglow Bay ($19.99, on sale for $18.74 until 4/11/2024, rated E)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Rl5mpPwqc
You are trying to save a dying town. You do this by fishing! All you fish heads out there that grumble there aren't any fishing games on switch should look into this! Has drop in, drop out local coop. Catch fish, cook them then eat them so you can upgrade your poo poo. 151 species of fish to kill, one by one

Had a good chill time with this one on Game Pass. The music is by Lena Raine of Celeste fame, but is much more laid back given the more relaxing and extremely Canadian theme.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nintendo Switch

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tayter Swift posted:

Had a good chill time with this one on Game Pass. The music is by Lena Raine of Celeste fame, but is much more laid back given the more relaxing and extremely Canadian theme.

But how's the fishing, that trailer just showed customizing a village which eh.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Beautiful.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Meowywitch posted:

Nintendo Switch

I heard this as well and it seems pretty cool!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

Nintendo Switch

Nintendos Witch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nomtendo Sandwich

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I played the mario today

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Nintendo open faced sand switch

Tafferling posted:

I played the mario today

:hellyeah:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
the pros at Nintendo Power ranked Super Mario Bros. 3 the greatest game of all time, and frankly? I'm inclined to agree

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i like mario 64 more

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I liked Sonic 3 & Knuckles better

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

An Actual Princess posted:

i like mario galaxy more

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Galaxy 2 the goat

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Was it strictly by how fun it is, or were they also measuring how important/influential it is to the industry

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
measuring greatness, I think

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i’d have a hard time deciding between smb3 and smw.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tie breaker of which one has the better animated series goes to SMB3

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
“The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3” was a really funny title for a show

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Tie breaker of which one has the better animated series goes to SMB3

Both are equally inferior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show (with LoZ on Fridays).

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Runa posted:

Nintendos Witch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Learned this week that young kids know mario more as a movie character rather than a video game. My niece saw Mario 64 the other day and thought mario sounded weird and wanted to know where his funny brother was. Wonder if kids are having the same shock as old Mario cartoon watchers when they hear marios game voice for the first time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The other day my 9 year old nephew very seriously told me that Mario Bros 2 was actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic and not a Mario game so I don't think that's universal lol

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Peach Souls is really challenging my gamer cred. Gotta git gud

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sakurazuka posted:

The other day my 9 year old nephew very seriously told me that Mario Bros 2 was actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic and not a Mario game so I don't think that's universal lol

I'm glad the deep lore is being passed down

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I would always waffle on whether Mario 3 or World was better, but only very recently deliberately played the two back to back to figure it out. It's World.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Evil Fluffy posted:

Both are equally inferior to the Super Mario Bros Super Show (with LoZ on Fridays).

I dunno, SMBSS didn't go to a milli vanilli show where Bowser started using power ups.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
World is obviously the better game than 3. Knew that back when I first played through them on the gba and still know that now

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I would always waffle on whether Mario 3 or World was better, but only very recently deliberately played the two back to back to figure it out. It's World.

I like SMB3 more mostly because the Cape and Yoshi trivialize so much of World that you kind of have to handicap yourself not to fly or nosell most challenges.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, it’s kind of odd the cartoons and live action movie kept exclusively calling him Koopa when I believe the “Bowser” name was established in the west as early as Mario 3

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's crazy in Japan, things are like they are here but different. For example, you know how Mario says "So long Gay Bowser?" In Japan he just says "Bye bye". Know why that is? Cause in Japan they don't got Bowsers. They use the metric system. They call him a King Koopa with Cheese

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I don’t think Mario even has a Japanese voice over there except in dubs of the cartoons/movies and that one anime special

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did I miss someone mention 1000 year door comes May 23rd? I thought was coming out later. That's pretty soon.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Did I miss someone mention 1000 year door comes May 23rd? I thought was coming out later. That's pretty soon.

smh this guy clearly doesn’t observe Mar10 day

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Who’s Marten?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

hatty posted:

Who’s Marten?

a shoe doctor

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

hatty posted:

Who’s Marten?
Gina’s boyfriend

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Who’s Marten?

Leonard Marten is the guy that does movie reviews that ISN'T Siskel or Ebert/Roeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

hatty posted:

Who’s Marten?
He's like a weasel, or a ferret.

Murdstone posted:

Gina’s boyfriend
Daaaaaaaamn, Murdstoooooone. That's Martin.

Mister Facetious posted:

Leonard Marten is the guy that does movie reviews that ISN'T Siskel or Ebert/Roeper
That's Maltin.