Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Threemake should bring back All Lucky 7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I actually beat the fuckin sit up competition. I should have given up but before long I had sunk so much time into it that I couldn't let it defeat me. It literally took me over two hours and I had to turn the dialogue off, the haptics off and the music off but I finally defeated that motherfucker by one situp. It was egregious, I don't have any idea why they made that poo poo so hard. Also I might just be bad at pushing buttons so I'm sure some of you didn't have trouble with it.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Encountered the glitch for G-Bike minigame in the Chapter 12 side quest & got decimated by Tonberries in the coliseum section. So I'll just go ahead with the story until the quest is patched.

But on Chapter select, does it save high scores to the mini-games?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Palmtree Panic posted:

Encountered the glitch for G-Bike minigame in the Chapter 12 side quest & got decimated by Tonberries in the coliseum section. So I'll just go ahead with the story until the quest is patched.

But on Chapter select, does it save high scores to the mini-games?

I think so but for that quest, it makes you redo the games and beat his scores even if you’ve beaten them before initiating the quest. So I doubt you’ll be able to go into chapter select and pick that quest up where you left off.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
You have to play the whole chapter up to where that quest unlocks too. But thats ok because its a pretty fun chapter

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You could start chapter 13 and it would probably be there immediately. Or is it tied to chapter 12?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Nah, it's in ch. 13 as well.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought chapter 13 started on the other side of the point of no return

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, it starts the instant you board the Tiny Bronco from Costa del Sol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Nah, it starts the instant you board the Tiny Bronco from Costa del Sol

Yeah, aside from the lack of Cait Sith Chapter 13 is the idea place to go to if you want to do sidequests.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, aside from the lack of Cait Sith Chapter 13 is the idea place to go to if you want to do sidequests.

So what you’re saying is it’s the ideal place to go if you want to do sidequests.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Cosmo was starting to lose me, but drat it all, Nibelheim has reeled me back in. Billy & Choco Sage are just a good time, not like the star gazing saps I left behind. Enjoy your lifestream, losers, I've got a stream of watery diarrhoea and it's taking me to wonderful new heights

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Nibelheim being both extremely fun to fart around in* and fairly short to complete, especially compared to the slog that was the previous two areas, really made it feel better as a whole.

*puns intended

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cosmo is the only zone I haven't bothered doing the side stuff in. I'd much rather have diarrhea-chocobos than flappy-chocobos. Nibelheim was fun to travel around in. Cosmo decidedly less so.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

cheeseboy58 posted:

Was missing one too and i found it in bottom right hand corner. Was hard to see and spot with the sensor thing, it was tucked away

By the grace of jenova that was the one I was missing. Thank you!

All that’s left now is to tackle hard mode. I’m assuming/hoping it’s easier than the VR trials.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Arkage posted:

All that’s left now is to tackle hard mode. I’m assuming/hoping it’s easier than the VR trials.

Outside of specifically Red Dragon, which I don't think anyone's completely sure isn't a glitch, and the final boss run, Hard Mode Story does not even come close to that horseshit, and even if it does it doesn't kick you when you're down like having to restart a ten fight hell marathon does.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Arkage posted:

Haha i knew it! Had a feeling...

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Just tried cactuar crush with aerith and I got 140 points. 2000 seems a bit far off let alone 4000 lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Most of the points are backloaded in that game, once you clear the first couple waves they throw time extenders and then big targets that are like 500 or 1000 points

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Lol holy poo poo gilgamesh island are they actually joking? This is just meant for a better gamer than me I had to turn the summons down to weakest strength to beat them one on one, I’m just not going to be able to do this. Time to nope out and just beeline the rest of the story I think.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wamsutta posted:

Lol holy poo poo gilgamesh island are they actually joking? This is just meant for a better gamer than me I had to turn the summons down to weakest strength to beat them one on one, I’m just not going to be able to do this. Time to nope out and just beeline the rest of the story I think.

Did you look at the recommended levels for it?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Rolled credits and went back to do the gold Chocobo cup quest and I can't beat this rear end in a top hat is there a better Chocobo than piko for it?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wamsutta posted:

Just tried cactuar crush with aerith and I got 140 points. 2000 seems a bit far off let alone 4000 lmao

Sorcerous Storm deals full damage to the light/dark cactuars even without being in a ward. Makes Aerith's trials really easy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Rolled credits and went back to do the gold Chocobo cup quest and I can't beat this rear end in a top hat is there a better Chocobo than piko for it?

How dare you blaspheme Piko, the Chocobo I used to beat every race.

Get good (or change up your equipment)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Capfalcon posted:

God, I hate Odin. He's the opposite of what the entire game tries to teach RE: dodging and blocking.

Please tell me there is a way to cheese him.

Finally just turned it down to easy and face tanked it. Then turned it back down again for the final protorelic fights.

Final protorelic Spoilers:
Anyone who did the Odin / Alex fight honestly is a wizard as far as I'm concerned, and I have no shame in turning that down to easy. I did Greg honest, though. Favorite boss fight so far. I saw the Excali-poor fake out coming, but him making due by hitting you with it thousands of times was hilarious.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Capfalcon posted:

Finally just turned it down to easy and face tanked it. Then turned it back down again for the final protorelic fights.

Final protorelic Spoilers:
Anyone who did the Odin / Alex fight honestly is a wizard as far as I'm concerned, and I have no shame in turning that down to easy. I did Greg honest, though. Favorite boss fight so far. I saw the Excali-poor fake out coming, but him making due by hitting you with it thousands of times was hilarious.

I got really really close to winning the fight my first attempt on Dynamic but blew it when Odin used Zantetsuken when he was at like 15% health. Every other attempt after that I was having a terrible time so I knocked it down to Easy.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I used the Jungle Chocobo. You can just leap over Cactuar Gates and other obstacles and get a huge lead that way. The first course was the most annoying imo. The other two courses I smoked 'em.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I use the water farting chocobo. Just red shell him the second he dares step foot in front of you.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Playing on Normal and for whatever reason Odin gave me zero trouble - I think the only real key is staying aggressive and swapping whenever he handcuffs someone so you don't eat Reprisals. Other than that he mostly has a bunch of attacks that are fairly easy to dodge, and he never even started prepping Zantetsuken as far as I could tell. Maybe I just got lucky or got him stuck in an easy script loop or something.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Is there a way that's substantially easier to get to level 70 than just playing through chapters on hard mode? I want to beat the poo poo out of Gilgamesh but I struggled a lot at 50 and I'm a little burned out after 115 hours and am probably just going to take a step away for a month before trying unless there is an insanely good grinding spot somewhere

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I got to 70 doing the Gold saucer battle square stuff

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Is there a way that's substantially easier to get to level 70 than just playing through chapters on hard mode? I want to beat the poo poo out of Gilgamesh but I struggled a lot at 50 and I'm a little burned out after 115 hours and am probably just going to take a step away for a month before trying unless there is an insanely good grinding spot somewhere

Hard mode doesn't give more EXP/AP, it gets boosted on all difficulties once you finish the game. If you got some leftover side content in post-game that should get you quite far already, and If you really want to powerlevel running simulators on easy is probably the fastest way.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm glad I'm not a completionist because Glide de Chocobo is the latest minigame I'm not going to bother getting the best rank. And the reward isn't all that amazing either.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I hope for part 3 they merge the menus a bit, there's several that didn't need to be separate pages. 'party' 'combat settings' 'materia & equipment' and 'upgrade weapons' could all be done on the same page. 'item transmuter' and 'inventory' could be merged too. 'manual' and 'save/load' should be bought into the 'system' page as well.
It's not a big deal really but having less scrolling/clicks to navigate the UI and having it all together in fewer places does help with quality of life in a lot of games, especially ones where you could potentially reach 50+ hours in.

Loadouts would be nice too, there's quite a variety of different combinations of gear and materia that works for different encounters and areas.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the menus need a complete overhaul, they’re so clunky

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Lack of loadouts is I think the most glaring QOL thing. If they want to make fights that require you to completely change your materia out on 1-3 characters, give us a loving memory setting for it. Just let me at least set my baseline loadout per character so I can one-touch it back after whatever encounter I had to redo things for.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

I'm still not over that it took them an entire game to let you use potions from inside the menu

Also loadouts, yes, you don't even have the full character set transfer option from the original for materia

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
In some ways the game is very good with QOL stuff (lots of fast travel, gather multiple/gather with no anim, swap materia from one slot to another) but I completely agree that the menus need an overhaul and loadouts are a glaring omission

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Being able to hit triangle from the main menu to go straight to the save menu is a really nice little QOL touch

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My big wish for part 3 is a jump button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
And choose your party leader outside battles. You could for example have character specific puzzles and you press the switch character button that lets you cycle between all characters.