Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Zoya posted:

i'm moving across the country in uhhh 2 weeks and half my house is still not packed, and then almost immediately afterwards i'm traipsing across the planet for medical poo poo

but actually specific to this game, i've been trapped in 6-hour long daily training sessions at work when my job is normally fake (i usually post instead of working)

i also caught a Zander so all of you can BACK OFF, I WILL BE THE GAMBLER, I NEED THIS

Dang. Okay, works for me for now. ##vote Tired Moritz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

all replacements are scum until proven otherwise :hmmyes:

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Zoya posted:

traipsing across the planet for medical poo poo

godspeed and good luck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think it actually makes sense for Moritz to not have posted yet based on their location so while I agree replacements are scum I’m not super enthused to go there. Agree w/ folks on Zoya but compelling reason to not post

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

My case on Zoya is not that she's quiet.

this is my case on zoya: https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=538695257

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

did you finally roll scum, shwinne?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I think it actually makes sense for Moritz to not have posted yet based on their location so while I agree replacements are scum I’m not super enthused to go there. Agree w/ folks on Zoya but compelling reason to not post

He posted literally once asking if people really thought it was okay to reveal their catches so far. I replied to him and he hasn't posted since. I'm voting him to see if he comes back or not.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay what's up

People are just talking about fish

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

If he hadn't posted at all that'd be one thing but for his sole engagement so far being to ask about talking about fish in advance of the contest? It's worth poking him over.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay what's up

People are just talking about fish

People have posted reads and are starting to ask each other whoscum. Who do you think is scum?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn is not pinging me so she's probably scum.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CubicalSucrose posted:

How about we all vote Plastic, just to see what happens?

This is absolutely a scum post.

##vote: Cube

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Meen is just relying on lazy lurker callouts which seems suspect but he's also actually posting which he doesn't do as scum so. Null tell.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Does anybody know chances of catching the king of the lake? I'm curious

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

PlasticAutomaton posted:

If that's a scum post then you're bussing him

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If he hadn't posted at all that'd be one thing but for his sole engagement so far being to ask about talking about fish in advance of the contest? It's worth poking him over.

Definitely bad now that he’s posted immediately

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just woke up :'(

Frankly I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. There was a reason why I didn't sign up immediately (op too long didn't read)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Meen is just relying on lazy lurker callouts which seems suspect but he's also actually posting which he doesn't do as scum so. Null tell.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Maerlyn is not pinging me so she's probably scum.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think thou doth protest too much (it's day 1 but also you're not really corkboarding it up yourself, chief).

Also I'm really amused that when I asked Tmor for reads you showed up and gave some instead.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I think thou doth protest too much (it's day 1 but also you're not really corkboarding it up yourself, chief).

Also I'm really amused that when I asked Tmor for reads you showed up and gave some instead.

I do agree the jumping in and answering a question asked to someone else is a great onboarding point for scum

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I just woke up :'(

Frankly I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. There was a reason why I didn't sign up immediately (op too long didn't read)

TBH I think the easiest way to deal with things for now is to pick one spot and only fish there the whole day. There are plausible edge cases where moving around might be worth more than marginal efficiency gains, but if you don't see any in your PM then IMO it's better to try and make sure you get something than it is to try and min-max location coverage only to maybe catch nothing the whole day. After that then you send in the two most sensible contenders you have and hope for the best.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'm not behaving logically and you can't make me

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

You are. And this means you are more likely to be scum, the more I think about it.

Your posts are not just complete word salads this game (which, when you are town, they are).

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote keats

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

I mean, if you want to do it in a way that means you don't catch a lot of/any fish, no skin off my nose. :shrug:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You literally voted me to try and prod me for reads and then when I post reads it's answering for Tmor. And then Hal instantly shows up to back you up? Really?

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

PlasticAutomaton posted:

THIS is absolutely a scum post ##vote plastic

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

You are. And this means you are more likely to be scum, the more I think about it.

Your posts are not just complete word salads this game (which, when you are town, they are).

Bro lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I mean, if you want to do it in a way that means you don't catch a lot of/any fish, no skin off my nose. :shrug:

I already caught 2 fish, kiddo. Talk to me after you catch up

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In fact, my first action in the game was to move before fishing twice. You won't understand my galaxy brain moves until it's too late

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

You literally voted me to try and prod me for reads and then when I post reads it's answering for Tmor. And then Hal instantly shows up to back you up? Really?

I prodded you for posts more than reads (because you infamously hate D1 and I was expecting you'd just tell me "I got nothing" or not even bother to show up). Then I looked again at the Zoya sus and felt that more than waiting on you longer, and then after Zoya gave a pretty solid explanation of what was up with her activity I moved on to Tmor. I'll grant you that Hal showing up like that has him on my radar too though. Just a second..

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

In fact, my first action in the game was to move before fishing twice. You won't understand my galaxy brain moves until it's too late

I'm 3 for 3 and haven't moved at all. :lol:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm 3 for 3 and haven't moved at all. :lol:

I bet you're getting ready to prostrate on the dirty ground for those villagers to spare a scrap of information? Talk to me when you have dignity

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I caught a Salmon almost 3000g motherfucker

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

Cool beans doctor man. Meanwhile I'm just gonna see where volume gets me

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

that seems loving enormous compared to my zander :mad:

not sure you should have admitted this publicly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There are some absolutely terrible votes so far.

My gut says shwinne and plastic

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

I literally don’t get what folks are doing with this kinda thing

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

Wait, I thought when we present them that part will be public anyway?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

I literally don’t get what folks are doing with this kinda thing

Look at the people focusing on fish mechanics instead of looking for scum. It's good cover to seem involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Look at the people focusing on fish mechanics instead of looking for scum. It's good cover to seem involved.

Jokes on you, this is my covert scumhunting process. Every reply to my seemingly unrelated posts grants me access to more of your data