Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They're going to add Star Trek to the blockchain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

counterfeitsaint posted:

They're going to add Star Trek to the blockchain.

this will finally give us the borg

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny lost a shitload of money lol.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Barudak posted:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny lost a shitload of money lol.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinereid/2024/03/31/indiana-jones-whips-up-130-million-loss-for-disney/ posted:

bringing the movie's total budget to an eye-watering $387.2 million
lmfao

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don't judge anything by entertaiment weekly photos, they're always always poo poo

???????

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's over 10 years old but if you want a campy but solid (light horror/gore) comedy Dale and Tucker vs Evil is good, I really enjoyed it some real nice moments and good laughs. Push through the first few scenes.

I watched the first few episodes of Resident Alien and I will keep watching but it hope going forward it's sparing with the This is Us sentimentality and the epic bacon dialog flourishes.

edit: oh I almost forgot: the women characters are straight up insane lol they barely make sense, borderline written-by-incel

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s Tucker and Dale not Dale and Tucker!!

But jk it rules. I was a big fan of Tyler Labine from his Reaper days (before the show took a real bad turn, you know if you watched it). Sadly Hollywood only has room for one Jack Black.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Tucker and Dale owns, I just got turned onto it a couple of years ago. The set-up and delivery of "they're making her dig her own grave!" was one of the biggest laughs I've had at a horror comedy in quite some time.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
We need more heartwarming gore movies. Tucker and Dale is amazing. Also, I will always be surprised that nobody ever saw Walk Hard. I will put it on, and nobody has ever seen it. It's so good.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Happyimp posted:

Also, I will always be surprised that nobody ever saw Walk Hard. I will put it on, and nobody has ever seen it. It's so good.

Isn't walk hard know as the film that killec the musical biopic? I thought it was quiet popular.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm cut in half pretty bad, dewey

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

dr_rat posted:

Isn't walk hard know as the film that killec the musical biopic? I thought it was quiet popular.

I legit have to tell people the movie exists constantly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dr_rat posted:

It only did so in my wild and dark fantasies. Nobody watched it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

counterfeitsaint posted:

"Somehow Palpatine Returned" is another good phrase for when this happens. You could yell out "They fly now" when cumming as well.

I thought they smelled bad on the outside

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I bought the 4k Lost Highway Criterion Collection last weekend and goddamn does that movie rip. I’ve never seen a good transfer of a David Lynch movie played on a nice tv with external speakers before. I don’t think I’ve even seen a David Lynch film in the theater, come to think of it. Just crappy vhs tapes and dvds, played on the cheapest tvs. I can’t go back now! I need it all on the fanciest discs possible. Even Hotel Room!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I saw Lost Highway at my university’s cinema and it was loving wild. I still think about it a lot. Robert Blake is scarier than any horror movie monster in that.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Happyimp posted:

I legit have to tell people the movie exists constantly.

Wrong son died.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

mysterious frankie posted:

I bought the 4k Lost Highway Criterion Collection last weekend and goddamn does that movie rip. I’ve never seen a good transfer of a David Lynch movie played on a nice tv with external speakers before. I don’t think I’ve even seen a David Lynch film in the theater, come to think of it. Just crappy vhs tapes and dvds, played on the cheapest tvs. I can’t go back now! I need it all on the fanciest discs possible. Even Hotel Room!

I saw Mulholland drive in the cinema with my conservative and mentally unwell father and younger sister on a Saturday afternoon with no one involved knowing anything beyond "David Lynch is the name of a famous person". Imho this is the only way to watch it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

I saw Mulholland drive in the cinema with my conservative and mentally unwell father and younger sister on a Saturday afternoon with no one involved knowing anything beyond "David Lynch is the name of a famous person". Imho this is the only way to watch it.

I’m deeply curious how they reacted to that scene. (And that other scene.)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

LanceHunter posted:

I’m deeply curious how they reacted to that scene. (And that other scene.)

Extreme discomfort, lots of seat wriggling. Still not the only movie we ever walked out of. We used to go to the cinema every fortnight for about a decade and the only thing that drove us out was Ghosts of Mars. John Carpenter, I love you, you're my favourite director, but seriously, gently caress you man.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Ghosts of Mars. John Carpenter, I love you, you're my favourite director, but seriously, gently caress you man.

lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kingo Ligma posted:

Wrong son died.

I realize now that I should have spent more time playing catch with you rather than training my body and mind to murder you in a machete fight.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
john carpenter's lost themes is some respectful stubborn old man poo poo. he doesn't want to make movies anymore but still wants to make soundtracks for movies he'll never make

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

I am trying to find the RLM video where Jay discusses adjusting Rich's laughter in the edit. Jay says something to the effect of :

"People ask us why we don't turn down the volume on Rich's laugh? Well, we do."

The only person in my life who would know what I was talking about didn't know what I was talking about. Do you?!

Matlack Radio fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 3, 2024

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
up? or down?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Matlack Radio posted:

I am trying to find the RLM video where Jay discusses adjusting Rich's laughter in the edit. Jay says something to the effect of :

"People ask us why we don't turn the volume on Rich's laugh? Well, we do."

The only person in my life who would know what I was talking about didn't know what I was talking about. Do you?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLvqG2adTw&t=816s

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I don't remember them mentioning the laugh specifically, but they definitely talked about Rich's voice being an anomaly in the sound mix and it basically being impossible for him to be both audible and not way too loud

I don't remember what video that was, though. pretty sure it was in the last year. or I watched it in the last year. and I don't remember which ones I watched so that's basically all of them

e: ^ :worship:

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

It is a blessing to be able to stop thinking about this. Sincere kisses.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1775225884464775589

I dunno if the script of a single I Think You Should Leave sketch can sustain for a whole series, but I guess I am intrigued enough to watch the attempt

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hear they are going to be announcing a big big movie today

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

That DICK! posted:

i hear they are going to be announcing a big big movie today

What, Star Wars Marvel crossover event?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

What, Star Wars Marvel crossover event?

Babu Frik vs. Thor, the fight everyone has been clamoring for, finally on the big screen

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I bet this thread will eat up some Godzilla vs Predator slop.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Kingo Ligma posted:

I think the last time I saw Mulholland Drive was on tape when it came out. Or maybe a dvd in college? I see Criterion did a 4k remaster which I'm definitely laying hands on. I don't have a questionable configuration of relatives to watch it with though.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

While Mulholland Drive is full of great moments, one that sticks out to me in particular is the audition scene. I'm always a bit of a sucker for a scene that really conveys acting as a skill performed masterfully, and that scene may be the greatest one ever put to film. (Though watching it again, it is clear just how obvious it is that the whole thing is an actor's fantasy of the perfect audition.)

https://vimeo.com/541323929

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

pangstrom posted:

I watched the first few episodes of Resident Alien and I will keep watching but it hope going forward it's sparing with the This is Us sentimentality and the epic bacon dialog flourishes.

edit: oh I almost forgot: the women characters are straight up insane lol they barely make sense, borderline written-by-incel
it immediately introduced an even-more-insane hot-for-him character (an estranged wife, but worse than even that sounds) and had a smug kid team duo besting the protagonist-of-sorts in strategies and ending with white dress / blue dress reference and capping THAT with a VERY this-is-us monolog so OK sorry I am still watching but get out of here, save yourselves lol

edit: omg an "imposter syndrome" libdude fantasy, going rogue on boss-approved fake medical leave, they break up with your lovely girlfriend for you

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 3, 2024

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If I were David Lynch I’d have a book where I write all the ACTUAL meanings to all my movies that is locked in a safe that will only open upon my death.

That notebook will also just say “it’s meaningless I was just making poo poo up at random lol gottem”

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

they're about family. and that's what's so powerful about them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my favorite lost highway scene is the very end where he finds the highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gutcruncher posted:

If I were David Lynch I’d have a book where I write all the ACTUAL meanings to all my movies that is locked in a safe that will only open upon my death.

That notebook will also just say “it’s meaningless I was just making poo poo up at random lol gottem”

Jay Bauman found dead by self-inflicted gunshot wound 2 days later.