Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

imnotinsane posted:

The bubble has been going to burst for something like the last 15 years, I think it's just going to continue as is, and the divide between people who can afford houses and who can't will just keep getting bigger.

It's going to stay pretty flat and go absolutely apeshit when rates are lower because as much as we decry how poor a lot of people are and how poo poo the market is, there are a growing number of people who are absolutely loaded and can continue to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

imnotinsane posted:

The bubble has been going to burst for something like the last 15 years, I think it's just going to continue as is, and the divide between people who can afford houses and who can't will just keep getting bigger.

1 million for a house in Sydney and other capitals aren't far behind, I really wish this stupidity would stop, who the hell can afford these things?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
hey bucky what do you know about the Cash Is King group

who started it
what are they up to
feel free to start as far back into pre-history as you would like, i have some time to kill and don't mind the read

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

1 million for a house in Sydney and other capitals aren't far behind, I really wish this stupidity would stop, who the hell can afford these things?

Professional dinkys, inheritors and Olds that have done several laps of John Howard's wild ride already.

E: there are genuinely a lot of "property ladder" people that buy small places and then upsize from there. There's no shortage of people with the money or borrowing capacity.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey bucky what do you know about the Cash Is King group

who started it
what are they up to
feel free to start as far back into pre-history as you would like, i have some time to kill and don't mind the read

It’s just another manifestation of the NWO / WEF / "Globalist Cabal trying to depopulate the world by destroying familes and gender and making everyone eat bugs and live in 15 minute cities" narrative. Whoever is behind it appears to be tapped into that media ecosystem, so I would just refer you back to the Article.

Beyond that, the appeal of cash you can touch as opposed to numbers on a screen is at least somewhat understandable I guess.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Ten wins bombshell bid to reopen defence in Lehrmann case

quote:

Network Ten has won an eleventh-hour bid to reopen its defence in Bruce Lehrmann’s defamation case after raising explosive allegations that the former federal Liberal staffer leaked confidential information to Seven including more than 2300 pages of texts between Brittany Higgins and her ex-boyfriend.

On Tuesday evening Federal Court Justice Michael Lee heard an urgent application by Ten to call fresh evidence in the defamation case from Taylor Auerbach, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, less than 48 hours before the judgment was due to be delivered on Thursday morning..

I await the news that Bruce Lehrmann continues to face no consequences for his crimes.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
what a loving scumbag

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

imnotinsane posted:

If the bubble looks like it's going to burst, they'll just change the laws and give massive payouts to lenders and homeowners.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If the bubble looks like it's going to burst, they'll just change the laws and give massive payouts to lenders and homeowners.

I mean they did it for slave owners. The poms spent 2/3rds of their GDP paying everyone out!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i have a employment question

this job https://jobsnsw.taleo.net/careersection/all_jobs/jobdetail.ftl?job=0000AJ0P&lang=en

thats for a 000 call centre position isnt it

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i have a employment question

this job https://jobsnsw.taleo.net/careersection/all_jobs/jobdetail.ftl?job=0000AJ0P&lang=en

thats for a 000 call centre position isnt it
Yes. The non emergency line is never answered so it couldn't be for that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If I was a psychopath I'd take a 000 job it would own. Probably killer overtime available, no professional development, no managing people, no take home busy work... I wonder if they have KPIs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no busy work to take home but probably a bucket load of vicarious trauma.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
yeah if it were just the non emergency line i would go for it at that salary but i dont think that amount of money offsets having to handle 000 calls

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

another ausgoon does it and says it's really rewarding work, it's very supportive, lots of training to cope with stuff and they front load training with listening to recordings of real confronting calls so you can nope out pretty early.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

no busy work to take home but probably a bucket load of vicarious trauma.

That's why it's great if you don't have feelings!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I would significantly more money than 86k for 24hr rotating shifts of emotional trauma

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Comstar posted:

Ten wins bombshell bid to reopen defence in Lehrmann case

I await the news that Bruce Lehrmann continues to face no consequences for his crimes.

Guardian AU posted:

Auerbach also alleges in his affidavit that Lehrmann paid for illicit drugs and sex workers after an after-dinner meeting at the Meriton Sydney on 5 January 2023. Auerback claims Lehrmann was reimbursed by Seven through “per diems” via invoice emailed to a Spotlight staff member in the days after his departure from Sydney. He could not provide a copy of the invoice and the allegations have yet to be tested by the court. Auerbach has provided receipts in the affidavit showing eight separate charges for Sensai Thai Massage on 26 November 2022, totalling $10,315.

Other expenses allegedly incurred in the course of securing the exclusive interview with Lehrmann were a $555 meal at the Chophouse Restaurant in Sydney, a round of golf at Barnbougle, Tasmania and related equipment for $401, Randwick accommodation for three weeks totalling $11,738, a meal at Franca restaurant in Sydney for $517, a $450 bill at the Spice Temple, Sydney, a $259 bill at the Bridport Hotel in Tasmania and taxi and flight costs.

Auerbach said Spotlight executive producer Mark Llewellyn had approved the expenses, including flight costs, an extension of the Randwick property and Lehrmann’s alleged request for accommodation with a Jacuzzi.
:eyepop:

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Bloody hell, this guy was spending an average of almost $1300 a visit to get a root. No wonder he's depressed, what a loser.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Spotlight is the most evil loving show. It's Rock Bottom from the Simpsons but more blatant.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

imnotinsane posted:

Bloody hell, this guy was spending an average of almost $1300 a visit to get a root. No wonder he's depressed, what a loser.

Eight separate charges on the same day. Probably getting around a transaction limit or reporting limit.

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006

Eediot Jedi posted:

Eight separate charges on the same day. Probably getting around a transaction limit or reporting limit.

drat I don't even understand how you can spend that much in one visit.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

imnotinsane posted:

You have never heard the term "room full of hookers and blow" before?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Channel 7 just can't give enough money to murderers and rapists. They love doing it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

imnotinsane posted:

thats a lotta handjobs!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

It's possible that he was just very stressed out.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the website for Sensai Thai Massage (which is in burwood lol not even upmarket) looks like it was whipped up in about 30 seconds on wordpress.

Bruce Lehrmann spent 10 grand to gently caress (lets not kid ourselves it was definitely rape) trafficked women in a lovely rub n tug in burwood.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
If you scroll down you can see the submissions yourself

https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/services/access-to-files-and-transcripts/online-files/lehrmann

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I skimmed through the most recent ones and Page 376 of exhibit MRS-70 is the Thai massage charges. Not sure if it’s a credit card limit thing or booking after booking or just booked all of them and they charged it separately.

It’s hosed up that Seven is willing to pay for a years rent, expensive meals, trip to tassie, rounds of golf, and sex workers for a rapist. That the executive approving all this had no problems with it, I guess maybe it’s not unusual for them.

It’s funny they googled-translated into Thai how to say “please refund my company credit card and I’ll pay you in cash + $250”.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DRINK ME posted:

I skimmed through the most recent ones and Page 376 of exhibit MRS-70 is the Thai massage charges. Not sure if it’s a credit card limit thing or booking after booking or just booked all of them and they charged it separately.

It’s hosed up that Seven is willing to pay for a years rent, expensive meals, trip to tassie, rounds of golf, and sex workers for a rapist. That the executive approving all this had no problems with it, I guess maybe it’s not unusual for them.

It’s funny they googled-translated into Thai how to say “please refund my company credit card and I’ll pay you in cash + $250”.

Bro this is the show that went to gender clinics and demonised the people working there while showing the locations on prime time television. When the host interviewed the sole actual expert on the the topic he opened with calling him an ivory tower elite. The show is loving evil and the people involved are evil.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I wasn’t aware of that - or the show more generally but that’s horrible poo poo.

I guess it’s not surprising that early in one of those docs the fired Seven producer and the Seven executive have a text exchange the day after they aired the Lerhmann interview saying something like “Ten and Maiden aren’t happy and we should clean up before the lawyers call”. The fired Seven producer then states in his affidavit “I took that to mean delete any materials that could make Seven look bad and I permanently deleted all such items”.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
maybe he has a hosed up dick and thats why it cost so much

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

imnotinsane posted:

With someone else's credit card.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

DRINK ME posted:

welp the masseuse story broke on the 21st of march lmao by Samantha Maiden. I don't remember seeing it posted here or seeing it on ABC at all.
https://www.news.com.au/national/se...a7702a995d?amp=

This is a good summary of what's in the documents.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...ac8a21d0d67b453

Seven are obviously claiming the allegations are false and haven't been tested. The person testifies Thursday arvo. Basically they are calling bullshit that Bruce never provided documents to Seven and that Bruce was never paid for his interview beyond reasonable travel/accommodation.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

welp the masseuse story broke on the 21st of march lmao by Samantha Maiden. I don't remember seeing it posted here or seeing it on ABC at all.
https://www.news.com.au/national/se...a7702a995d?amp=

This is a good summary of what's in the documents.

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...ac8a21d0d67b453

Seven are obviously claiming the allegations are false and haven't been tested. The person testifies Thursday arvo. Basically they are calling bullshit that Bruce never provided documents to Seven and that Bruce was never paid for his interview beyond reasonable travel/accommodation.

I wonder if they'll get Boeing'd in the meantime.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Channel 7 really seems hell bent on being worse than Murdoch media

JBP posted:

Bro this is the show that went to gender clinics and demonised the people working there while showing the locations on prime time television. When the host interviewed the sole actual expert on the the topic he opened with calling him an ivory tower elite. The show is loving evil and the people involved are evil.

I've never heard of that show but that's some hosed up poo poo.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
yeah seven is as bad as sky is these days, or even sometimes worse because it has more reach

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

based new GG

https://x.com/JohnRuddick2/status/1775407906969772281?s=20

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Non Compos Mentis posted:

maybe he has a hosed up dick and thats why it cost so much
Looking into the documents in detail, much of the expense was a finder's fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

Looking into the documents in detail, much of the expense was a finder's fee.

Dare I ask?