Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CelticPredator posted:

You’ve been aggressive about hereditary and other ari aster movies since you’ve been here. No one likes that. It’s unpleasant and gets people angry and does indeed lead to people either being rude to you here or elsewhere

I said I didn't like them. That's not aggressive, it's that I think they're bad. How you respond when people don't like something you like is why Kvlt is posting about you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I totally love Unfriended. It's such silly bullshit.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Doltos posted:

Maybe don't be a passive aggressive jerk and then act surprised when people respond in kind

just plz don’t send me any pms after your next sixer it’s weird

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Is the dumbest horror movie about the internet still Feardotcom?

What are the good ones? Strangeland?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doltos posted:

The bars really that low huh

This is a shot at someone for liking those movies. I mean you can do that. But don’t expect people to be cool with it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Doltos posted:

I got it linked to me in a discord pointing out how a lot of horror thread posters are really lovely and mean to people who have differing opinions, I think kvlts got a point

I don’t think anyone minds your opinions. This thread is almost entirely based around bickering about opinions.

The problem is that your “opinions” are your first impressions that you refuse to evaluate beyond publicly making GBS threads your pants whenever anyone points out you know nothing of basic film production. You can’t engage in actual discussion beyond saying, “nuh uh!” louder and you openly deride people with actual experience and knowledge on the topic.

You’re not disliked because you have wrong opinions. You’re just an rear end in a top hat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ruddiger posted:

The Den. Every person I've ever shown that to found it pretty disturbing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ya'll know the forums have an ignore function, yeah?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Xiahou Dun posted:

I don’t think anyone minds your opinions. This thread is almost entirely based around bickering about opinions.

The problem is that your “opinions” are your first impressions that you refuse to evaluate beyond publicly making GBS threads your pants whenever anyone points out you know nothing of basic film production. You can’t engage in actual discussion beyond saying, “nuh uh!” louder and you openly deride people with actual experience and knowledge on the topic.

You’re not disliked because you have wrong opinions. You’re just an rear end in a top hat.

When I said I didn't like Hereditary the first time you talked down to me like I didn't know what community theater was.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CelticPredator posted:

This is a shot at someone for liking those movies. I mean you can do that. But don’t expect people to be cool with it.

Great posting there too champ

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You are so sassy bro

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Has anyone signed up to take over the May challenge thread this year?

I think all we've got is Hollis offering to be a safety net if no one else volunteers, unless it was discussed outside the thread.

If we really do still need someone, I think it might be fun to take a stab at it. May is far enough off for me to have ample time to think through some fun categories.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Crescent Wrench posted:

I think all we've got is Hollis offering to be a safety net if no one else volunteers, unless it was discussed outside the thread.

If we really do still need someone, I think it might be fun to take a stab at it. May is far enough off for me to have ample time to think through some fun categories.

I’m always thinking about categories for these kinda things so I can def send you bunch

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can't take charge or anything, but I'm sure I've got half a dozen categories I could fire your way too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

I’m always thinking about categories for these kinda things so I can def send you bunch

I'm starting the process of brainstorming for October Challenge ideas as well, so feel free to post/PM them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Xiahou Dun posted:

I don’t think anyone minds your opinions.

I mean the emoting opinion always read a bit weird about women to me so i mind it a wee bit

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Snooze Cruise posted:

I mean the emoting opinion always read a bit weird about women to me so i mind it a wee bit

Thats unfair, you know what you're doing here and in no way did I mean a slight towards women when I thought Toni Collette's scream acting was over doing it. Really lovely.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Doltos posted:

Thats unfair, you know what you're doing here and in no way did I mean a slight towards women when I thought Toni Collette's scream acting was over doing it. Really lovely.

Oh, no that was my genuine read. I usually see those opinions express about actresses not actors.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh, no that was my genuine read. I usually see those opinions express about actresses not actors.

So Shatner has never gotten flack for over acting, got it

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ruddiger posted:

We're All Going to the World's Fair

Crescent Wrench posted:

Cool! Thinking up categories is always fun and it would be a welcome change from the rest of what's going on right now. I always like ones based around specific actors, I got into Vincent Price in a major way because of a previous challenge thread.

Connecting these two posts: Horror films about the internet is a fun one that's broad enough to cover both solid films and hilarious junk

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 3, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Stay Alive isn't good, but it's definitely one of the funniest.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Amazing theatrical experience as a young teen. I hated the movie but the theater was electric

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The most hyped theater experience in horror I ever sat through was Paranormal Activity for some reason. People were shrieking.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Yes I will run May Challenge if no one volunteers.

edit:

Oh poo poo its loving April I uh gotta come up with some categories.

Feel free to suggest categories for me!

Also remember that May Challenge is 13 movies.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 3, 2024

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm gunna start hitting people with steel chairs then ddting them through tables

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lance henrickson great actor or greatest actor

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Feel free to suggest categories for the May Challenge.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

May Challenge idea: watch May.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Maybe some kind of Wicker Man challenge, where you can choose between Wicker Man, Wicker Man 2005, and Midsommar. I'm sure there's more that can be added to the list, but the general idea is the spring time and sacrifice vibe.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is that Super Troopers?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i had really bad insomnia as a kid. still do but an ambien prescription has been lifesaving since college. aftera couple bad nights of tossing and turning and not being able to make any noise for fear of aggravating my stepdad i would hallucinate. im not sure if hallucinate is the right word, since I knew the people at the foot of my bed weren’t real and they’d go away if i spoke to them, they were a visual trick more than anything i believed was actually in front of me.

one of the neat things about debilitating insomnia is you do often do actually get some sleep, you just don’t remember or realize it. according to your perception you were lying there restless with no breaks in continuity , but suddenly your pillow or blanket or stuffed animal or book would be in the wrong place. i still carry the nightmares. there was some TV show they put on in daycare that I’ve never been able to find featuring a teleporting alien who would get green screened in front of different locations—dreaming that it happened to me was bad, dreaming that it happened to everyone else was worse, waking up to objects not where i left them. getting up to make sure everything was okay meant getting into more trouble—when i would tell my stepdad i had nightmares he would growl “im the loving nightmare” and prove it, so i floated on, sweating, staring at the ceiling, sure that this was the time everyone had vanished to “planet somewhere.”

I say all that to say i could not have been more of the target audience for Skinamarink and I thought it was one of the shittiest movies I’d ever seen.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cinema

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lance henrickson great actor or greatest actor

Everyone should watch Pumpkinhead.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
After extensive PM negotiations with Hollismason, reviewing Robert's Rules of Order, and scrutinizing the fine print of the Necronomicon, it has been decided I will take up the mantle of running the May Horror Challenge 2024. In other words...

:spooky: I'M RUNNING THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN :spooky:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It was a trip finally watching the Director's Cut of this movie, which was the first time actually seeing the movie for the first time. You realize that as hilarious as the meme scenes are - and they truly are - the entire movie is stunning in its incompetence and absolutely packed with crazy and baffling choices. The smallest thing that never stopped getting me was the decision to change "Summerisle" to "Summersisle", which not once rolls off the tongue at any point, and they say it a lot.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Very Tense negotiations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It was a trip finally watching the Director's Cut of this movie, which was the first time actually seeing the movie for the first time. You realize that as hilarious as the meme scenes are - and they truly are - the entire movie is stunning in its incompetence and absolutely packed with crazy and baffling choices. The smallest thing that never stopped getting me was the decision to change "Summerisle" to "Summersisle", which not once rolls off the tongue at any point, and they say it a lot.

its one of my favorite bad movies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

After extensive PM negotiations with Hollismason, reviewing Robert's Rules of Order, and scrutinizing the fine print of the Necronomicon, it has been decided I will take up the mantle of running the May Horror Challenge 2024. In other words...

:spooky: I'M RUNNING THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN :spooky:

Oh great someone who doesn't even watch movies is running the watch movies competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the only thing that annoys me about it is that when i try to recommend the original version with christopher lee everyone thinks i am talking about the other one