Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hollismason posted:

Didn't Chipotle poison and kill a bunch of people a decade or so ago. Anyway I don't eat there.

A delicious burrito and an escape from this cursed realm? Man I'm craving chipotle now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Harald posted:

Good, if Chipotle can offer better food for a better price it just shows McD has a garbage business model.

I'm not sure they do because every time I go to a McDonalds they are jam packed full and 90% are low income, which makes absolutely no loving sense to me at all

e: They made 14.5 billion last year, a 10% increase from the prior year

Americans are just loving stupid as poo poo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Hollismason posted:

Didn't Chipotle poison and kill a bunch of people a decade or so ago. Anyway I don't eat there.

Yeah but they were all bad

Chipotle is worth the risk imo I love it

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Hollismason posted:

Their burritos are about 2/3 to 1/2 their former glory and twice the intro price, depending on who you ask.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Jelly posted:

A McDonalds Cheeseburger went from like 99 cents to $3.00 in the last ten years. You can literally go to a mom and pop burger joint in my major metropolitan area and buy a wholesome burger twice the size for the same price. That is absolute insanity. But in my experience, McDonalds is the only fast food place pulling this poo poo pretending like they're the loving Ritz Carlton right now. Places like Jack in the Box and Wendy's can still be cheap as hell, respectively.

In the spirit of the thread, I'm so loving pissed off at McDonalds since they removed the fish delite from their BOGO deal. That was literally the very last good thing they had going on for them. McDonalds can suck a fat dick.

Their dumb WcDonalds promo, I kid you not, they had the new sauce for one day.

Hey, redesigning all of their stores to look like prisons costs money!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Harald posted:

Good, if Chipotle can offer better food for a better price it just shows McD has a garbage business model.

There are 10000x more mcdonalds than Chipotles, so not much help for many people.

Hollismason posted:

No one died from the Chipotle e coli outbreak AFAIK. McDonalds salads were poisoning hundreds of people just last year. Just common things with any food chain in our hosed up food system.

Jelly posted:

I'm not sure they do because every time I go to a McDonalds they are jam packed full and 90% are low income, which makes absolutely no loving sense to me at all

bad post blaming low income people for lack of food choices/options and being exploited

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 3, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ah apparently they didn't kill anyone just made 1000s of people sick and then had to pay a 25 million dollar fine to resolve the criminal issues.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I only go to chipotle when my credit card company lets me redeem points for a chipotle gift card at a discount, then I'm like "ugh fine I guess I'll get a burrito on my way home sometime this week". But if I'm craving a real burrito I ain't going to chipotle lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Ah apparently they didn't kill anyone just made 1000s of people sick and then had to pay a 25 million dollar fine to resolve the criminal issues.

yes, which is a lot less than mcdonalds paid in the last year.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

There are 10000x more mcdonalds than Chipotles, so not much help for many people.
A quick Google search showed me it's more like 5x the number of McD's compared to Chipotles. But feel free to keep being hyperbolic.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hollismason posted:

What’s a little diarrhea between friends?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol a food derail again

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

lol a food derail again

:btroll:

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Eating food is a moral failure and honestly we're all better off without it

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

What’s a little diarrhea between friends?

New tagline for "2 Girls 1 Cup"?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i made some burgers with grains of paradise instead of black pepper.

also i got the wrong beef and had a 70 lean/30% fat mix, but whatever.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
If everyone just made the optimal choice for every decision I think we'd be better off.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

priznat posted:

A&W Canada still owns they were a bit pricey before but their prices haven’t gone up as much as mcd’s making them seem like a bargain. Plus: eat in for a frosty glass mug of delicious root beer.

Hell yes A&W is the poo poo up here

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

priznat posted:

A&W Canada still owns they were a bit pricey before but their prices haven’t gone up as much as mcd’s making them seem like a bargain. Plus: eat in for a frosty glass mug of delicious root beer.

they've got a burger that's just a potato now. looks good tbh

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
MY immune system takes E. coli out to the backyard and suplexes it into submissions. H57O7. Don't care you're all going down.
Same for Salmonella I just don't give a heck try it beech.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Harald posted:

MY immune system takes E. coli out to the backyard and suplexes it into submissions. H5N1, H57O7. Don't care you're all going down.

just wait until Biden releases F. Coli

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

bad post blaming low income people for lack of food choices/options and being exploited
Yeah, probably - but I live in the city and there are at least three cheaper alternatives less than a 10 minute walk away. It does not make sense.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Harald posted:

A quick Google search showed me it's more like 5x the number of McD's compared to Chipotles. But feel free to keep being hyperbolic.

40k+ vs 3k, and even if you were right what point are you even trying to make?

McDonalds targets low income areas and consumers and there are 38k more of them to do so, so maybe don't blame poor people for where they eat.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i remember 50 cent cheeseburger Wendesdays at McDonalds, what a time to be alive

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

vaginite posted:

Accounting's the same. Entry level jobs were paying $55k out of college in 2010 when I started, now they're paying $60k. I looked up my $1,100 a month apartment back then and it runs $2,300 now. My degree costs twice as much too.

I'm well past entry level but we got nobody to hire. With wage pressure on local jobs, kids can start at $20 an hour running a register, nobody wants to go to school for 5 years and get into 50 grand of debt to still have roommates. Our industries hosed everywhere too. Deadlines are getting missed country-wide because people can't find CPAs to do the work. States are blowing their bond issuances, public companies are missing SEC deadlines, there's just not enough people.

We used to be driven by getting clients, now it's raining clients - everyone's turning down work constantly. We need people. I get asked by people to refer them to someone and I don't have anyone that's taking work to refer them to.

Our brass finally cracked and we're raising our entry level pay (and everyone up the chain's pay) significantly to try and get what little recruiting opportunities there are locked in and keep who we have.

I think this is all gonna crack soon and professional jobs are gonna have to start paying a lot better.

I’m sorry you just described my mental health experience but with less soul crushing

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jelly posted:

In this case it’s you who are stupid as poo poo, the person dumping on poor people.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i remember 50 cent cheeseburger Wendesdays at McDonalds, what a time to be alive
When you could get 4 beef and cheddars from Arby's for $5.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
i hate anything that punishes people who are already poor, but some part of me also thinks about insane obesity rates and meat consumption being absurdly high.

so maybe mcdonalds price increases aren't at the very top of my list of biggest problems with america. i would only say this anonymously though because i am afriad of being eaten.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

40k+ vs 3k, and even if you were right what point are you even trying to make?

McDonalds targets low income areas and consumers and there are 38k more of them to do so, so maybe don't blame poor people for where they eat.

I completely agree that food deserts are a thing, as are people who are overworked and don't have time to cook at home. But you just
shouldn't needlessly exaggerate the statistics to prove your points. If you make up statistics the only thing it does is give people more
of a sound basis to discredit you.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I read somewhere that Chipotle wants to open 3k storefronts over the next year

but it doesnt matter until I can get Chipotle at 1am, or they come out with a breakfast menu

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Harald posted:

I completely agree that food deserts are a thing, as are people who are overworked and don't have time to cook at home. But you just
shouldn't needlessly exaggerate the statistics to prove your points. If you make up statistics the only thing it does is give people more
of a sound basis to discredit you.

I'm very sorry I engaged in hyperbole in this very serious forum. Please forgive me for upsetting your delicate sensibilities.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

kazil posted:

Nebraska trying to gently caress around and remove the special EVs

I just looked up where Nebraska is located and lolled.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chipotle is the same as it was in 2005, aside from the prices and the no more cutesy cup messages

And the extremely loud tinny music on the sound system rattling off the corrugated metal decor, they finally turned that poo poo down and I'm all the happier for it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

rofl that's 100 people, max.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

eh, not worth it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vampire Panties posted:

I read somewhere that Chipotle wants to open 3k storefronts over the next year

but it doesnt matter until I can get Chipotle at 1am, or they come out with a breakfast menu

There’s one in Dulles airport that does indeed serve pretty amazing breakfast burritos. Actually I think it may be a California tortilla but it’s more or less the same.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't live in the country or suburbs because if there isn't a 24 hour burrito or falafel place within walking distance, I will literally explode.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

madmatt112 posted:

Hell yes A&W is the poo poo up here

A&W root beer is the best. :discourse:

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
Chipotle isn't real Mexican food but it is still loving delicious and I will die on that glorious tinfoil-wrapped hill. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

A&W root beer is the best. :discourse:

Wrong it's Barq's (it has the bite).