Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Seeing reports that Bronny is transferring to Penn State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Azathoth posted:

I can kind of understand. The children of pro athletes have an advantage in that they're not going to be blindsided by the demands of the NBA. A lot of talented players wash out quickly because for the first time in their lives they're not the big man on campus. Less of a concern with someone like Bronny.

He does need to go back for at least one more season to try to learn to shoot but he's already got the defensive chops to play in the NBA. If he came out this season, he'd be a solid pick in the back half of the first round even without the possibility of picking up his dad for league minimum for a season. Plenty of athletic guys who can't shoot get drafted there every year.

Yeah he's gonna get infinite chances like Austin Rivers. I've only watched like 30 minutes of Bronny and I guess his shot isn't completely busted, but I'm always wary of the dude with a good looking shot who cannot score.

On an unrelated note I wish Lonzo Ball didn't have his legs fall off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

did the milwaukee sucks really just lose to the wizards w/out kuzma?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joel embiid efficient offense and all world defense too much for western nba team

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

anthony edwards a combined 1-17 from 3 over his last 3 games.......... dude needs to figure it out or stick with his paint moves

and 0-6 again tonight, hope he gets it back before the playoffs, but he did go 11-11 from fts

still pulled off a dub vs the rockets tho awooo

naz reid

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

Joel embiid efficient offense and all world defense too much for western nba team

i thought you stopped watching

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

obviously back

me and my son watched every second. good times

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

didnt embiid retire?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

fart simpson posted:

i thought you stopped watching

the sixers played for the first time in months tonight

wembenyama looks like the best player in the league, just dominating jokic in the second half here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wemby is an all timer. aside from the physical attributes his make up is perfect

yeah also I’m glad the sixers starters playing again

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

go spurs

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Stevie Lee posted:

wembenyama looks like the best player in the league, just dominating jokic in the second half here

it's wild

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he good https://streamable.com/wevmhk

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

everyone can score on jokic tho, thats not impressive

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i do like that wemby doesnt duck away from games in denver tho, hes not afraid to play jokic at home

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the block was

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I hate the tall frenchman

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
jokic has such a friendly whistle it's maddening

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

tristeham posted:

jokic has such a friendly whistle it's maddening

he reminds me of embiid yeah

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Azathoth posted:

it looks like he's gonna be a first rounder

wait what? i haven't heard this since before he scored 4 ppg on inefficient shooting at usc. i'm pretty sure first round was only the thinking after he was recruited from high school

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 04:20 on Apr 3, 2024

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wemby almost had a quadruple double

i’m afraid he will become too good

french team at the olympics will be fun to watch when he and rudy are on the court together

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
not a bad loss, considering

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings still have life. Lyles and Vezenkov are back :)

Congrats to 76ers fans for getting Embiid back after all

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

fart simpson posted:

Doc Rivers gonna do Doc Rivers things (lose games)

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Yossarian-22 posted:

wait what? i haven't heard this since before he scored 4 ppg on inefficient shooting at usc. i'm pretty sure first round was only the thinking after he was recruited from high school

The only way he gets drafted at all this year is if Lebron recommits to playing with him.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

euphronius posted:

wemby is an all timer. aside from the physical attributes his make up is perfect

yeah also I’m glad the sixers starters playing again

cowboy kelly won us that game

also we're still down melton (RIP), Bobby Covington, TYRESE MAXEY, calling this the starters is kinda goofy just cause joel came back

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

OH MY BAD posted:

cowboy kelly won us that game

also we're still down melton (RIP), Bobby Covington, TYRESE MAXEY, calling this the starters is kinda goofy just cause joel came back

Joel is the loving 76ers. Be real. Tyrese Maxey does rule at basketball though. It stull begins and ends with Joel. And that is a good thing, cuz hes a generational phenom when he is healthy enough to play.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I checked the stats for the game out of curiosity and it's worth noting too btw that Chet played but Shai did not

Congrats on Embiid's return though, he seems in true form too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fart simpson posted:

never heard those names before in my life

I suspect they're AI-generated

Second guy's name looks like a cat stepped on the keyboard or something

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Joel is the loving 76ers. Be real. Tyrese Maxey does rule at basketball though. It stull begins and ends with Joel. And that is a good thing, cuz hes a generational phenom when he is healthy enough to play.

i merely listed our usual starters who did not play, i didnt mean to upset you about your friend joel embiid

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
also AI took us further than joel ever has (and probably ever will unfortunately)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OH MY BAD posted:

also AI took us further than joel ever has (and probably ever will unfortunately)

ai is very popular these days, yes

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
more popular than in his playing days even

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sobbing quietly as I type the AI image prompt "sixers winning NBA finals"

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

You still have your 1976 championship. McGuinness* and tbe Doctor took yall pretty dang far.

Ferdinand the Bull has issued a correction as of 16:02 on Apr 3, 2024

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

there's only been 4 recorded quadruple doubles?

after last night i feel like wemby (assuming good health) is going to get more than that in his career

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wilt probably had hundreds of them

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

there's only been 4 recorded quadruple doubles?

after last night i feel like wemby (assuming good health) is going to get more than that in his career

The only reason that probably won't happen is that players will pretty soon start overcompensating when Wemby is around and stop giving him that many opportunities for blocks in a game.

Like, it happens with Gobert where guys will get into a position that on anyone else in the league they'd take a shot to try to draw a block but on Gobert (and soon Wemby) they just pass or dribble out rather than put up a shot. It isn't something that shows up on a stat sheet but it happens all the time and as Wemby develops, it's gonna be near constant for him.

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

You still have your 1976 championship. McGuinness* and tbe Doctor took yall pretty dang far.

the celtics won the 1976 championship. george was off the team by '78. we won in '83 with moses + the doc..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

The only reason that probably won't happen is that players will pretty soon start overcompensating when Wemby is around and stop giving him that many opportunities for blocks in a game.

Like, it happens with Gobert where guys will get into a position that on anyone else in the league they'd take a shot to try to draw a block but on Gobert (and soon Wemby) they just pass or dribble out rather than put up a shot. It isn't something that shows up on a stat sheet but it happens all the time and as Wemby develops, it's gonna be near constant for him.

yea, took me a sec to find this, but you're seeing this already

https://twitter.com/Krueger3Feggy/status/1772562827951178072