Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
we've reached freak heat death now that euroshopper has been scientifically proven to post in every thread on somethingawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i think ive been in the grasslands in rebirth longer than the whole of midgar in remake

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

KM had a bunch of people who rode around on her coattails and they would just dogpile/label anyone who said anything they didn't like for any reason as a racist/transphobe/bigot/ or w/e.

anybody they disliked was obviously a straight cis white dude doing nefarious identity cosplay. so the group ended up miscategorizing a bunch of people by sex, gender, ethnicity (but in a leftist way)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Empty Sandwich posted:

so the group ended up miscategorizing a bunch of people by sex, gender, ethnicity (but in a leftist way)

I seem to remember someone getting pissed off at this that they took a picture to paper bag test themselves and on the bag they wrote "gently caress YOU KOALAS MARCH"

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
incredibly, youre going to have to be more specific

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

yea its just those two places

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the goon in the same thread that said he had access to the credit card info and tried to hack the forums or something before getting fired from his job lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

This is what I remember most about it. KM had a bunch of people who rode around on her coattails and they would just dogpile/label anyone who said anything they didn't like for any reason as a racist/transphobe/bigot/ or w/e. The only one I remember from that crew was CascadeBeta.

It's insanely cool that this all backfired on them and is a source for a hearty chuckle when remembered

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

This dude claimed at length that he had no idea any of this would be offensive or treated as anything other than fun fantasy worldbuilding, so I think he lives under a rock, or maybe in Plato's cave but all the shadow plays are niche hentai

applewhite once made a thread asking if anyone had ever thought about going around and organizing people at their workplaces, and if not, maybe we could try it?

eidt: sorry, it was "what if we raised money for people trying to strike?" lol

Famethrowa has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Apr 3, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leal posted:

I seem to remember someone getting pissed off at this that they took a picture to paper bag test themselves and on the bag they wrote "gently caress YOU KOALAS MARCH"

I remember someone bought Fluffdaddy a Confederate flag avatar and accused him of white supremacy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I remember someone bought Fluffdaddy a Confederate flag avatar and accused him of white supremacy.

this happens to fluffdaddy a lot lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pentyne posted:

the entire thread thought the same until someone finally called it out as hosed up and ate a probe for it

although the probe was apparently for slurs when he reported the post, but that means Seth read the post went "nothing problematic here" and then dinged the guy being an edgelord when reporting gross furry/scalie trans fetish stuff

Banning all of the deviantart weirdos was one of the best decisions the mods ever made here imo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Violen posted:

oh ffs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pentyne posted:

the same people who got extremely angry when people criticized her wakandacon gofundme

just remembered that she budgeted like double for merchandise than food for it and lol'd

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

just remembered that she budgeted like double for merchandise than food for it and lol'd

merchandise is more important than food that was smart

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

symbolic posted:

Merch is expensive, and let's be real, you're paying for quality when you buy con merch. You can't just get that poo poo off of: Amazon. Loot Crate. Etsy. StockX. Food is cheap and, in fact, fast food is woke, as we learn every two weeks from the discourse on Twitter, currently known as X. Cheaper food = more proletariat = more merchandise. It's just math.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just steal the merch dude lol just dont get caught

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

KAZ MILLER: You yucked their yum? That wasn’t one of our targets, but it should put a dent in their horniness capabilities

“He’s cumming too? You got it Boss.”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

The Dan Flashes method… smart

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Leal posted:

this is completely incorrect. Someone paper bag tested KM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

merchandise is more important than food that was smart

iirc her full plan was to just like make instant ramen and T.V. dinners in her hotel room every day which i'm all for finding ways to cut spending corners when i'm at a con but also that sounds like the loneliest, saddest poo poo in the world when some of my best con memories are going out to eat/drink with homies new and old

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Fluffdaddy posted:

Maybe there were two incidents but I vividly remember the one where a guy wrote “gently caress so-and-so” on a paper bag and posted the pic but I don’t think KM was involved at all.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

iirc her full plan was to just like make instant ramen and T.V. dinners in her hotel room every day which i'm all for finding ways to cut spending corners when i'm at a con but also that sounds like the loneliest, saddest poo poo in the world when some of my best con memories are going out to eat/drink with homies new and old

its based, actually

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

symbolic posted:

That's when you still do that poo poo but once the bill comes you forget your wallet three or four times in a row

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
doing the super mario rpg trick where i keep renting a room until i run out of money and then become a bellhop to get rare items

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Maybe there were two incidents but I vividly remember the one where a guy wrote “gently caress so-and-so” on a paper bag and posted the pic but I don’t think KM was involved at all.

it was negromancer who paper bag tested nutranurse and KM also responded.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3785095&pagenumber=391&perpage=40#post463456092

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the goon in the same thread that said he had access to the credit card info and tried to hack the forums or something before getting fired from his job lol

That was negromancer

negromancer posted:

Especially if the customer is losing their poo poo about something being hosed up on the server and threatening to leave. The higher ups would tell you "just log in as root and fix it".

Literally any steadfast employee has root access, on top of anyone who may have written down passwords or created user accounts on the servers themselves (lol if you think they do password rotations on every server). And of course whoever Lowtax has given access to.

I'm not getting paid to do that, so no.

Maybe. I don't remember every ticket I did for Lowtax, but I feel like I've actually done something on the load balancers at one point.

Yes, and they don't use a direct payment processor. Data is still retained by Lowtax (for accounting purposes). And 2 years ago the CDE was not separated properly from the rest of the environment, so...

The first rule of internet security is physical access is full access. And the reasons why we would log into customers servers is because most hosting customers are dumb as the gently caress. They forget passwords, wipe out data, gently caress up configs, etc

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

He also used to paper bag test other goons

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785095&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=393#post463456912

It was great, I hated that guy

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yeah that’s the one.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Apologies to KM

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

KM intentionally blurred the lines as to what was being said about her on SA vs. kiwifarms

It was sad keyboard warrior poo poo through n through essentially. She knew what she was doing

But at least I can laugh at her imagining FYAD clowning on her for "looking Puerto Rican" and "owning a piano". Like what

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah that’s the one.

Man gently caress that guy he had me posting in D&D

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
FYAD finds the concept of owning a piano very funny

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
FYAD hates the arts.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
the genuine casio megathread

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Violen posted:

the genuine casio yamaha megathread

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What kinda bougie fucker owns a piano?