Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Booker finally got more than 6 triples tonight. (Regular season anyway lol)

Suns are back baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chairchucker posted:

I think it's going to be Celtics vs Nuggets in the final and I don't want either of these teams to win

I would be somewhat happy for championships for the following teams, in order:

Cavs
Wolves
Suns
Magic
Pelicans
Clippers
Pacers

Basically a team that hasn't won it before but mostly those first two
EDIT: I know Cavs have won it before, they're just my team and Mitchell is my favourite

The Lakers haven't won it before 2020 either

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I haven’t talked about it much, but I think Willie Green will be fired from the Pels sooner than later. He has been probably the perfect coach for the team the last three years for where the team was. However, he is not improving quickly enough at the next stage of team development and that might see him let go this or next offseason.

The problem is mostly trying to solve every problem with more defense with little experimentation in trying to add more offense when the offense is struggling.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Fox is gonna find his rhythm in the playoffs and go off and the 2014 UK team will finally be avenged when he and Monk raise the O'Brien trophy.
Just you wait. :arghfist:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/SbondyNBA/status/1775188091394797579

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Jimmy Butler is the Majima to Jason Tatum's Kiryu.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Anthony Davis is shooting better from three than Franz Wagner. What a world.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Kibner posted:

I haven’t talked about it much, but I think Willie Green will be fired from the Pels sooner than later. He has been probably the perfect coach for the team the last three years for where the team was. However, he is not improving quickly enough at the next stage of team development and that might see him let go this or next offseason.

The problem is mostly trying to solve every problem with more defense with little experimentation in trying to add more offense when the offense is struggling.

I opened this to make a post like "Point Zion + D'antoni" and only then learned he currently works for the Pelicans. What is a "coaching advisor," does that just mean he doesn't want to travel?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i can see jimmy walking in and slapping 300 bear asses down on coach spo's desk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He saves all of his consumables and ammo until the playoffs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jimmy does seem overleveled for the playoffs at times, this makes sense.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Chauncey not even pretending to care anymore

quote:

Chauncey Billups tonight looked checked out on the bench for the Blazers. If x’s and o’s aren’t your specialty, then charisma and motivation better be where you shine. Portland needs more from Chauncey when it comes to game time. Off the court, I believe he has an impact on the young players, especially point guards, but during games there tends to be a disconnect. There were times tonight when the camera showed Billups and it looked as if he was having a starring contest with someone on the other side of the court. He should be moving around, calling out plays, and pulling players aside, instead there seems to be more confusion on his face.

Tonight, Blazers assistant Scott Brooks was locked in and seemed to grab the attention of the Blazers at the beginning of timeouts. I know a head coach has different duties than his assistants, but at this time of the year, everything should be geared towards development. If Coach Billups is going to make a positive impact on this young team, it won’t be in the x’s and o’s but in the caring and development of his players

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dexo posted:

He saves all of his consumables

Consumables are the coward’s way out

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which NBA player is most likely to undergo Dragon Rage

I need an answer to this pokemon related question

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

OzFactor posted:

I opened this to make a post like "Point Zion + D'antoni" and only then learned he currently works for the Pelicans. What is a "coaching advisor," does that just mean he doesn't want to travel?

Correct. He is basically a consultant. He has no desire to be on the road anymore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Are the Knicks going to re sign OG? He rules but he also misses a whole lot of games..... Maybe they get a bargain?

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Papercut posted:

Chauncey not even pretending to care anymore

The brightest spot on Portlands season might be firing Chauncey, if it happens.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jimmy Butler is 12 year old me and grinding in the dinosaur forest to get economizers

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Are the Knicks going to re sign OG? He rules but he also misses a whole lot of games..... Maybe they get a bargain?

I don't see why not. They must've known he is prone to miss games when they traded for him and he fits in really well when he is able to play.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/sreekyshooter/status/1775203476970279402

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Sounds like a team owner to me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mcmagic posted:

OG is like the Thibsy-ist player so I think they get him. How much demand he has due to concerns on staying on the court will decide the price, I think.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

A deep stain on an otherwise ethical industry

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Lockback posted:

OG is like the Thibsy-ist player so I think they get him. How much demand he has due to concerns on staying on the court will decide the price, I think.

The question is, can they sign him and still be able to use Randle + their 1sts to trade for a star if someone becomes available.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The question is, can they sign him and still be able to use Randle + their 1sts to trade for a star if someone becomes available.

Yeah, if they sign him even for like $30m a year they'll still be under the tax line, though they will also need money for precious and hartenstein if they're keepingt hem. And they're a 2nd round team one step away from contention in the East, this is what you spend money on. I don't think you go out and get OG and then balk at giving him a market rate.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Now we know why he paid straight cash for the suns. laundering dirty money

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no way thibs passes on the chance to permanently cripple another young athletic wing.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
We all saw him commit fraud on national TV when he drew a tech on Jokic

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

despite what the despicable moderators say its actually legal for any slovenly unathletic serb to get as mad as they want whenever they want

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Forrest on Fire posted:

Jimmy Butler is the Majima to Jason Tatum's Kiryu.

Tatum is closer to Mine than Kiryu

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The closest Kiryu analogue is Jokic. Undisputed king who cares for anything but what he’s best known for

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jokic's sidequest is horse

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

Jokic's sidequest is horse

no you fool, jokic's sidequest is the nba season

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
OG is the perfect Thibs player and amazing for Brunson, and somewhat Donte/McBride. Randle can easily go, Mitch's defense and rebounding is nice but he's just injured to hell and back constantly. If they had a Sabonis type big the team would be clicking so well.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Aye Doc posted:

no you fool, jokic's sidequest is the nba season

right after paprikash

Doltos posted:

OG is the perfect Thibs player and amazing for Brunson, and somewhat Donte/McBride. Randle can easily go, Mitch's defense and rebounding is nice but he's just injured to hell and back constantly. If they had a Sabonis type big the team would be clicking so well.

og gets hurts too much. josh hart is closer to thibs heart

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

wrong thread

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

what the heck this is insane

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1775344693666267487?s=20

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Motherfucking Jokic gets blocked by Wemby 6 times and still ends up 18 for 32.

E: 6 blocked Wemby shots and went 1-6 from three. Basically his 2-pointers were going in if they weren't blocked. Jesus.

anakha fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 3, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

anakha posted:

Basically his 2-pointers were going in if they weren't blocked. Jesus.

if i played 1v1 against wemby i bet i could say the same. whats the big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

You know it would be very darkly funny if the 9/10 play-in game was a King/Warriors rematch. Could then mirror last years playoffs again by having warriors advance to get beat by the Lakers