Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reading old 2000AD is fun because you can see where Warhammer got it all from in the first place. Nemesis the Warlock is pretty much where they nicked everything from. Also a fun one where the humans are antagonists, and the hero is the titular warlock who clowns on their xenophobic theocracy and I'm pretty sure fucks human women. And he's a magic alien space dragon.

Games Workshop from what I can remember actually made Judge Dredd figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Hollismason posted:

I wish they'd reprint the old 40k 1st edition and 2nd edition books or at least make them PDFs. Maybe their PDFs on Drive Through RPG. Anyway they were loving amazing books.

I'm pretty much set there:

Lots of fun things in those old books. Not remotely worth what they run on eBay now or possibly original MSRP even given how Games Workshop charges absurd prices for everything though. But fun. (Not shown is my 4-5th era Warhammer Fantasy books.)

But Deff Skwadron is worth 300 plus now? Like even the N Gage 40k title isn't that nutty. I mean I own both at og price and honestly it's about what they are worth goddamn collectors are out of their minds. Nice to know my dork stuff bought over the years is functionally a second or third 401k I guess?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
A Ork book called 'Ere We Go is perfection

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
40k is for peeps with $40k to spare

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

verbal enema posted:

A Ork book called 'Ere We Go is perfection

lol yeah

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

40k is for peeps with $40k to spare

could 3d print for like 25-50 cents a fig instead. but gw wont let you in their stores if you do that and may make attempts on your life

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

goons should not attempt to infringe on gw's intellectual property copywritten material

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smugworth posted:

goons should not attempt to infringe on gw's intellectual property copywritten material

trap easily sprung. narcworth shows up when called for at the drop of a hat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

could 3d print for like 25-50 cents a fig instead. but gw wont let you in their stores if you do that and may make attempts on your life

serious 3d printing peeps for this kinda figurine (including gw themselves) print in resin, so you're still not getting out with less than a half grand for the middling machines, a full grand to two grand for the good ones. so serious capital cost there too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

serious 3d printing peeps for this kinda figurine (including gw themselves) print in resin, so you're still not getting out with less than a half grand for the middling machines, a full grand to two grand for the good ones. so serious capital cost there too

lol nah. im a serious 3d printing peep (3 printers for different applications) and this is not even close, even in CAD

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i will admit that sla printing in resin is a messy pain in the rear end which understandably puts a lot of people off. but it's so much cheaper than gw it's not even funny

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

lol nah. im a serious 3d printing peep (3 printers for different applications) and this is not even close, even in CAD

middling

https://us.phrozen3d.com/products/sonic-mighty-8k

ridiculous

https://formlabs.com/store/form-3-basic-package-without-service/#/

fds is of course cheaper

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

brand new latest tech sure. completely unnecessary for the hobbyist cranking out 28 mm figs. i bought both my sla printers used for a couple hundred CAD each. the secondary market for these is nuts. they were practically new, 1 year post manufacture. i could go buy more right now for similar deep discounts if i wanted

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lotta peeps do buy them expecting to press a button and get a model. they're capital goods for doing work, which is basically what you have to do to get a good print

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lotta peeps do buy them expecting to press a button and get a model. they're capital goods for doing work, which is basically what you have to do to get a good print

the effort is definitely understated, agreed. between calibration, supporting and slicing, and post processing, it can be more work than some bargain for. but my printers paid for themselves within a couple weeks and are amortized completely printing figs for pennies on the dollar now

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Even the crappy PLA/maybe ABS 3D printer I bought 10 years ago can squeeze out decent models. It just takes time messing around with settings and running test prints.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just make friends with a 3D printer guy like you do with boat and horse people

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i used to work for a dealio that sold software (completely unrelated corporate office software) to these peeps

https://sintavia.com/manufacturing/

who make aerospace components (in their case, for actual missiles) with fuckoff huge metal 3d printers. so you can make tiny little plastic missiles while they make the real missiles

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also this. And the 3D printer guy I know is also a professional map printer guy.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

yeah. im that guy

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

this is all evidence

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

this is all evidence

J Edgar Smugworth

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

J Edgar Smugworth

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

completely unnecessary for the hobbyist cranking to 28 mm figs.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wn8C8-d_uc

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Deep in the bowels of GW, a model designer is slowly but succeeding in his personal quest to introduce leggier designs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rebel Blob posted:

Deep in the bowels of GW, a model designer is slowly but succeeding in his personal quest to introduce leggier designs.

mecha diaper

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rather like how the new AdMech stuff looks like it comes out of another genre. Kinda the whole theme that they hoard technology and ideas from the rest of the Imperium that no one else even remembers exists.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Even the crappy PLA/maybe ABS 3D printer I bought 10 years ago can squeeze out decent models. It just takes time messing around with settings and running test prints.

Don't make me want to get into this. I do not have the time or money, and I just got one of those cool cutter machines for my merch.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

counterfeitsaint posted:

I kind of don't wanna know, but I also can't resist; are there any dark eldar books? Are Dark Eldar still a thing?
I don't remember what book this is from but here's some Dark Eldar

quote:

Great chandeliers held the gleaming crystals that lit the scene – immense constructions made of talons and teeth. Garlands of preserved viscera looped from the walls like obscene bunting, their fluids still glistening within the stasis embalming.

The doors to Naidazaar’s inner quarters were built from gigantic bones three times Jain Zar’s height – the creatures they had been taken from would have towered more than four times that again in life.

The Phoenix Lord stopped a little way from the closed doors, earning a scowl from the leader of the guards.

‘How do you start?’ Jain Zar asked the sybarite.

‘I don’t understand,’ he replied. ‘Start what?’

Jain Zar waved at the macabre ornamentation.

‘This. When you began, you couldn’t have possessed enough bones for the whole ship. It would look stupid with a few dozen skeletons nailed to the walls. So, how do you start? Do you save up enough bodies for a corridor at a time, or put them away until you have enough to decorate the entire vessel?’

The sybarite snarled, hand straying to the agoniser lash that hung on his belt. Jain Zar moved her fingers to the triskele at her waist and tilted her head towards him. A moment later the kabalite raised his hand away from his weapon.

‘We shall see what humours you when Naidazaar Archon is done.’

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure there's a good chunk of Dark Eldar that would love to talk about the process in far too much detail.

They once captured Fabius Bile, of the Emperor's Children, the Chaos Space Marine mad scientist who wears a lab coat made of human skin. They got along so well they exchanged notes and let him go.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I remember knowing nothing about warhammer or warhammer 40k and then playing Dawn of War for the first time and being like "whoa this is a pretty badass game, it's got asymmetric sides like starcraft but it's 4 races instead of 3 this is amazing!" I was much happier then, I wish I could go back to only knowing Dawn of War

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

wait no one told me ducktales was in this setting

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

wait no one told me ducktales was in this setting

Scrooge McDuck as a Rogue Trader absolutely tracks.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

https://www.joytoy.com/products/grey-knights-nemesis-dreadknight-including-action-figures
Now you can own a toy one for 400.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

I remember knowing nothing about warhammer or warhammer 40k and then playing Dawn of War for the first time and being like "whoa this is a pretty badass game, it's got asymmetric sides like starcraft but it's 4 races instead of 3 this is amazing!" I was much happier then, I wish I could go back to only knowing Dawn of War

Not even with the expansion packs? I know the necrons were unbalanced as gently caress but come on, the imperial guard were fun.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:eyepop: how do I 3d print one of these

tbf its a minimum of 1200 bones to own anything from Gee-Dub this size

Barudak posted:

Not even with the expansion packs? I know the necrons were unbalanced as gently caress but come on, the imperial guard were fun.

:commissar: If you wont serve in combat you will serve on the firing line

Dawn of War 1 and 2 were so much fun, although completely different

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have not been into warhammer since...around 3rd edition, but during black friday sales or something last year, I saw this guy on sale for nearly half off while I was rooting around for transformers on sale:

and then BBTS recently had this boxed set on sale for 95 bucks, so now I have five spess mehreen action figures, and actual action figures proper

these are basically Inquisitor-scale figures, right? you could probably run a game of Inquisitor with these. except these are plastic and not metal, so they don't weigh like a pound each lol

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Hollismason posted:

I wish they'd reprint the old 40k 1st edition and 2nd edition books or at least make them PDFs. Maybe their PDFs on Drive Through RPG. Anyway they were loving amazing books.

they did a print to order of Rogue Trader last year that had a window to order for a week. It's a better copy than the original, it doesn't fall apart anymore. Copies are going for like three yards on ebay now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

He looks like he lost his helmet and had to borrow a spare from a buddy in a different chapter.