Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

fartknocker posted:

And Y-wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

gently caress Y-Wings, give me TIE Interceptors.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Where are the B-Wings? Are they safe? Are they alright?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Cross-Section posted:

In fairness, this is what a full-blooded Theelin looks like:

Focus-tested or not, I can see why they'd want to pair it down a bit lol

"Woke culture has gone too far they took away her fat loving feet" (some SW forum)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Owlbear Camus posted:

call it the andor effect but the melodrama of laser wizards has become the most boring part of Star wars for me.

star wars should be about intelligence gathering neat robots revolutionary politics and weird little freaks.

the original trilogy had the exact amount of Laser Wizards, which is to say; max 3 onscreen at any given time, with a maximum of 2 Laser Swords.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Sombrerotron posted:

gently caress Y-Wings, give me TIE Interceptors.

I'm working on an animated fan film where a mixed rebel squadron (X, Y, A-Wings) goes hunting for the new shielded, hyperspace capable TIE variant that almost doomed the Death Star attack, and runs in to an early batch of TIE Interceptors instead.

Top Gun + The Hunt for Red October + X-Wing novels. No Laser Wizards, aside from gossip/debate about the (completely off screen) guy who apparently made the Death Star shot with his targeting computer off.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

even as an acolyte skeptic, i don't have a problem with that cool alien. I mean, she could use a little more farscape-ization, but I think that of everything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Andor, among other things, really nailed the,"Fascists are motherfuckers and need to die" vibe I was looking for from Star Wars, and I'd like more of that please.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Jerusalem posted:

Andor, among other things, really nailed the,"Fascists are motherfuckers and need to die" vibe I was looking for from Star Wars, and I'd like more of that please.

Who would have thought that making the Empire look scary, competent and brutal would in turn make any victory against them that more enjoyable?

As opposed to the absolute clownshoes organization that JJ/Rian portrayed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jerusalem posted:

You know what the best way to kill space fascists is? X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, and B-wings, working together :angel:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I wanna see a YMCA-wing

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Some people will tell you the Z95 Headhunter is a good ship and to them I say NO

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
The only good Headhunter is, uh, the Front-242 song

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kesper North posted:

The only good Headhunter is, uh, the Front-242 song

Hell yeah :whatup:

Feel like there's a bit of a natural overlap between star wars and electro-industrial/EBM. Beeps and boops but vaguely militaristic.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the rebel fleet; it's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armor on this ship is extensive and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good - because you won't be going anywhere fast.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kesper North posted:

I wanna see a YMCA-wing

I will never tire of fans trying to make every letter of the alphabet into stars wars ships.

They're all just so bad.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Barry Foster posted:

the shields will protect you from just about anything,

Except laser cannons, ion cannons, tie fighter pew pews, Vulture droids cannons, and proton torpedoes

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I will never tire of fans trying to make every letter of the alphabet into stars wars ships.

They're all just so bad.

The E-Wing is a great design tho

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Jehde posted:

Hell yeah :whatup:

Feel like there's a bit of a natural overlap between star wars and electro-industrial/EBM. Beeps and boops but vaguely militaristic.

That's because a lot of it was written in direct response to actual fascism and rightwing governments in Europe! The most concrete example is Laibach and the Neue Slowenische Kunst, which was a left-wing art movement that adopted authoritarian symbols as a visual language but juxtaposed them in deliberately situationalist/absurdist ways, as a form of antifascist culturejamming. Laibach kind of formalized it, but a huge number of industrial bands adopted both the style and the politics. Also, and this is not coincidental, Neuromancer came out, and cyberpunk was born, and, well, the rest was history.

dancing on hot ashes
dancing on the hearts of fascists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40tDkChvtGA

Meanwhile Trent Reznor is over there pleading, will you bite the hand that feeds?

Hell, go watch Iron Sky - soundtrack by Laibach.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 3, 2024

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Tom Tucker posted:

Some people will tell you the Z95 Headhunter is a good ship and to them I say NO

They exploded really good though in the Tie fighter games. :v:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kesper North posted:

That's because a lot of it was written in direct response to actual fascism and rightwing governments in Europe! The most concrete example is Laibach and the Neue Slowenische Kunst, which was a left-wing art movement that adopted authoritarian symbols as a visual language but juxtaposed them in deliberately situationalist/absurdist ways, as a form of antifascist culturejamming. Laibach kind of formalized it, but a huge number of industrial bands adopted both the style and the politics. Also, and this is not coincidental, Neuromancer came out, and cyberpunk was born, and, well, the rest was history.

dancing on hot ashes
dancing on the hearts of fascists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40tDkChvtGA

Meanwhile Trent Reznor is over there pleading, will you bite the hand that feeds?

Hell, go watch Iron Sky - soundtrack by Laibach.

All the pigs are all lined up and doesn't that make you feel better?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Well, those were a pair of episodes…

Were any of those kids in the vault from Clone Wars or something else? I haven’t watched those in years and they looked vaguely familiar, but it might have just been ‘generic animated Star Wars alien kids’ thing going on.

Also, Cad Bane showing up was interesting and that whole sequence with him and that child was definitely a bit :stare: to see play out.

I think the last week is another pair, so that would mean we have, what, 5 more left?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Well, those were a pair of episodes…

Were any of those kids in the vault from Clone Wars or something else? I haven’t watched those in years and they looked vaguely familiar, but it might have just been ‘generic animated Star Wars alien kids’ thing going on.

Also, Cad Bane showing up was interesting and that whole sequence with him and that child was definitely a bit :stare: to see play out.

I think the last week is another pair, so that would mean we have, what, 5 more left?

4 more, I believe the guide posted a little while back said this would be a 15 episode season

I’m hoping the series finale will be near feature length like the premiere was

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Omega's line about her only being a small part of a larger plan stuck out to me metatexturally, gives me the vibe that she might not actually survive the season, as dark as that might be.

Also Tarkin contacting Hemlock about his TPS reports was funny as hell

Great pair of eps.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Somehow I doubt they’re going to kill Omega but we’ll see I guess (the rest of the BB are fair game though, especially Crosshair)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

These episodes hosed me up, especially episode 10. Bleak poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Also, CX-2 is totally Tech. He broke the encryption. That line wasn't dropped for no reason.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
And when he said to search the "domiciles" instead of just "homes". That's totally him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

thrawn527 posted:

Also, CX-2 is totally Tech. He broke the encryption. That line wasn't dropped for no reason.

The problem with that theory is Tech had already been to Pabu, so why would he need to steal the coordinates to get there?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Brain wipe would do it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hell yeah, time for the Dad Batch to go to Tatooine, visit the funny Jawa-fucker and get their midlife crisis hotrods to replace their space van

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jerusalem posted:

No no, you want to make the empire so absolutely incompetent and presenting no real threat to the point that the heroes look like bullies picking on helpless children. This makes for very tense action scenes, when the level 30 epic jedi has to go up against yet another small group of level 1 storm troopers.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

thrawn527 posted:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And when he said to search the "domiciles" instead of just "homes". That's totally him.
You know, I think I would like it if it's just some unknown clone after all and all these apparent hints were just added as red herrings.

Anyhoo, that was some quality Star Warsing. The visuals, the music, the tension, all top stuff. One thing I found interesting is that all the "specimens" were non-human. Also it was good to see our old Republic Commando buddy Scorch again, though not very good that he's imprisoning and shooting children now. :mad:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Dad Batch: The Final Season: The Volume One: The Episodes 1-8

'Battle of the Snipers' is fantastic, as is everything else

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

Anyhoo, that was some quality Star Warsing. The visuals, the music, the tension, all top stuff. One thing I found interesting is that all the "specimens" were non-human.

That is an interesting thing and I assume that there's probably other parallel projects involved in trying to extend Palpatine's longevity and one of those is getting the more "human" ones for things like brain transplant or body replacement or something.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
so my wife pointed something out to me. Hunter washed up on shore real close to where the ship was hidden.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They're all just so bad.

millennium falcon is a Q wing

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

so my wife pointed something out to me. Hunter washed up on shore real close to where the ship was hidden.

Oh, nice catch!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I know they have wanted to do a Rogue Squadron movie, but I feel like that concept would work just as good as a TV show. Make it like a WW2 bomber show, where each week there is a new mission they have to go on, and some guys don't make it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FlamingLiberal posted:

I know they have wanted to do a Rogue Squadron movie, but I feel like that concept would work just as good as a TV show. Make it like a WW2 bomber show, where each week there is a new mission they have to go on, and some guys don't make it back

I think more than a few of us ITT have openly been dreaming of that for literal decades