Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jose posted:

its important to remember luke akehurst is literally employed by israel and also happens to be on the labour NEC and is in charge of deciding who gets to be a candidate. the man is one of the most psycho people in the UK

did you get an election leaflet through the door from the North of Tyne mayor that got deselected by Labour with zero explanation while in office

probably gonna vote for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I was already going to vote for him so I didn't bother looking at either flyer I got

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Akehurst isn't the only freak on the nec mind

https://twitter.com/karl_fh/status/1775443825147662842?t=_SIsm5l6O7xUCMa3BdV5lw&s=19

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
I used to work for a company making data linking software with global law enforcement clients, and the sheer speed that palantir took over that sector was astonishing. From nowhere to everywhere within a year

Their software was worse than ours at the time and we were a four man development team. Probably stuffed with AI now

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It's not like accuracy is especially important in that field. You just have to look like you're spending all that public money on something.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

A lot of palm greasing went on in that industry

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gonadic io posted:

It's not like accuracy is especially important in that field. You just have to look like you're spending all that public money on something.

I'd say accuracy is the last thing law enforcement would want, that would mean a vastly increased workload. Better to just make up some bullshit when you want to put the boot in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Their salary will probably amount to the total benefit fraud that actually happens

https://twitter.com/RachelCDailey/status/1775419154629038185?t=pBarv27SwoeAR0kdfg9xpQ&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Imagine being the sort of worm willing to work as the DWP Stasi.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A lot of people genuinely believe those on benefits are living a life of luxury despite all evidence to the contrary. I knew someone who had been long term unemployed and still despite knowing how little money they get thought people of disability were scamming

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jose posted:

A lot of people genuinely believe those on benefits are living a life of luxury despite all evidence to the contrary. I knew someone who had been long term unemployed and still despite knowing how little money they get thought people of disability were scamming

Believe in a secret benefit system is super widespread. Not only in UK. People got their heads thoroughly steamed by the fash media (all of them)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

for sure but you'd think someone who went over a year on JSA/UC would know that even if they got a bit more it'd still be gently caress all in the scheme of things. This was a guy in his late 30s who had to move back in with his parents because of it

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jose posted:

Their salary will probably amount to the total benefit fraud that actually happens

https://twitter.com/RachelCDailey/status/1775419154629038185?t=pBarv27SwoeAR0kdfg9xpQ&s=19

Snooper Squad Sponge Avengers

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

keep punching joe posted:

Imagine being the sort of worm willing to work as the DWP Stasi.

A disappointing amount of people on this very subforum would say 'get that bag'

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Regarde Aduck posted:

A disappointing amount of people on this very subforum would say 'get that bag'
Any number above 0 would be a disappointing amount so ya probably

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

benefit systems should be abused by the citizenry

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
When I was on JSA I spent it on beer and barely looked for jobs. It's not much, but it's honest work

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i am harry posted:

benefit systems should be abused by the citizenry

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just watch a question time and you can see the public screaming for the blood of the scroungers.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
People on benefits are all lazy workshy scroungers :mad:

*loses job*

yeah but I'm different

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

if I’m getting hardly anything from benefits it only makes it more infuriating that everyone else is getting deliveries of flatscreen TVs!

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

lol:

Tories were in talks to make a cryptocurrency enabled mobile app that farmed their members' data

Especially lol about it somehow being official voter ID

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Tamarionette/status/1775188673018933503?t=M0UMAP2CVwWMHxPwtlQy_Q&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/apr/04/tories-planned-to-make-millions-from-members-data-with-true-blue-app

The Guardian posted:

Senior Conservative party officials worked on plans to hand over its entire membership database for a commercial venture that promised to make tens of millions of pounds, the Guardian can reveal.

Leaked documents show Tory executives discussed exploiting members’ personal data to build a mobile phone app that could track users’ locations and allow big brands to advertise to Conservative supporters. The party would take a cut of sales.

The project was considered over several months last year, with the aim of launching the “True Blue” app in time for the party’s conference in October.

The idea was developed by the boss of a cryptocurrency firm with a string of failed businesses behind him. Yet senior Conservative officials appeared so captivated by the plan that they prepared to provide the party’s database of members in order to move the proposal forward.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Good I hope they still do it

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1775882749921911191

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ah what the gently caress

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Don't let the doomsters and naysayers trick you into using layer masks.

Am I a doomster? I hope I'm a doomster.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

quote:

According to Brand Finance's 2024 Global Soft Power Index

Oh that's just precious.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Wow that's embarassing.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pipski posted:

Don't let the doomsters and naysayers trick you into using layer masks.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

:perfect:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

DynamicSloth posted:

Oh that's just precious.

even as far as that goes it's a titanic stretch

maybe if you include animosity from other countries as "brand awareness"

e: and even then I think Japan and the US comes out on top, at least

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Apr 4, 2024

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he