Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Part 3 should be like Actraiser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think they should retroactively add it to rebirth just so I can do aeriths little twirly thing that I assume I won't get to see in part 3 at least not until the very end

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I think they should retroactively add it to rebirth just so I can do aeriths little twirly thing that I assume I won't get to see in part 3 at least not until the very end

I love that twirly thingy! It fits the character so well.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Maybe the funniest menu issue (which was also the case in Remake) is how limited the view is in the item and equipment menus. A single column that only gets about 1/4 of the screen real estate is not great, especially when you're trying to look for a specific accessory in a list of dozens. Genuinely a case of UI that gets in the way of its own purpose.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

at least let me go straight from the combat challenges to the materia menu without having to back out of the menu entirely, skip past Chadley’s goodbye dialogue, pausing and going into the materia menu to do my thing, talking to Chadley again, skip past two lines of greeting dialogue, and waiting for the boot-up animation of the combat simulator again

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Is there a way that's substantially easier to get to level 70 than just playing through chapters on hard mode? I want to beat the poo poo out of Gilgamesh but I struggled a lot at 50 and I'm a little burned out after 115 hours and am probably just going to take a step away for a month before trying unless there is an insanely good grinding spot somewhere

Do chapter select and pick 12, reset all sidequests, do the "White Haired Angel" sidequest in Nibelheim with Exp Plus materia equipped. You'll fight waves of weak enemies that give absurd experience, and then a mini-boss that continually summons more weak enemies. I went from 55 to 66 doing this quest one time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Is there a way that's substantially easier to get to level 70 than just playing through chapters on hard mode? I want to beat the poo poo out of Gilgamesh but I struggled a lot at 50 and I'm a little burned out after 115 hours and am probably just going to take a step away for a month before trying unless there is an insanely good grinding spot somewhere

if you grab the EXP Up materia from the Labyrinth of Ancients (it’s in the section with the rotating rooms) leveling to 70 is pretty trivial. It doubles EXP for the entire party, not just the one who has it equipped.
Instead of actually playing through the chapters on hard mode you can just drop into a hard mode chapter where you have access to the open world and go around fighting weak random enemies and they’ll give you fraction of a level a fight, or find a intel battle that you can finish quickly and keep repeating it, or do the battle simulator or combat challenges on dynamic mode.
Enemy EXP scales up pretty aggressively with level but, funny enough, the amount of EXP required to level up barely changes between level 50 to level 70. so you’ll actually be leveling up way faster in the 50-70 range than you were in the rest of the game even before the bonus from EXP Plus

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Trip Hazard posted:

In some ways the game is very good with QOL stuff (lots of fast travel, gather multiple/gather with no anim, swap materia from one slot to another) but I completely agree that the menus need an overhaul and loadouts are a glaring omission

Swap materia was in the OG and did it better by letting you swap an entire persons materia to someone else.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m doing both cosmo canyon and Gongaga open world stuff at the same time. And I kinda don’t want to

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I need a compilation of everything like this because it's so cool.

https://twitter.com/pwtizza/status/1774663845472301318?t=D43mFJSHH0rxuIO9HRRQrQ
https://twitter.com/nitezintodreamz/status/1775577538741342305

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I totally missed the first one on my play through because I didn't even consider that they'd intentionally not animate something because the sword didn't actually exist

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I totally missed the first one on my play through because I didn't even consider that they'd intentionally not animate something because the sword didn't actually exist

Yeah, holy poo poo, that's subtle in a really clever way.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
FFOG posting: beating the poo poo out of palmer, having him dodge getting run over by the tiny bronco only for him to immediately get cleaned up by a truck is a moment of pure slapstick joy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

took me a minute for it to click. Holy poo poo that’s subtle

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
That is almost spooky. Square goes out of their way to show cloud putting his sword down every single time in both remake and rebirth except for the one time we all know he's lying about it. Fantastic little detail

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I can't believe the Queen's Blood Sword Holders were foreshadowing

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Fedule posted:

I can't believe the Queen's Blood Sword Holders were foreshadowing

Like... I honestly wouldn't put it past them. It actually sticks out that they treat it as a very solid, heavy object in cutscenes.

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017
Galian beast easily the most difficult boss so far. I probably should've brought Red XIII along to tank damage and for his fire moves, but Yuffie did put in some good work, at least in the first phase. In the second phase she was just dead (twice!)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Got Cait Sith, yea he's too complicated for me. Regular battles end too fast for me to learn his gimmick, and it will just sour my experience using him in boss battles when I don't know how to work him well.

Enjoyed the climax of ch8.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cait can get a lot of mileage just holding down attack, his moogle form hits like a ton of bricks (and his cat form can stunlock most any smaller enemy until he has enough meter to go Moogle)

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hes fun, bounciful, and makes bubbly noises. Also 900000 pixels big e: VV yes thabk you

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 5, 2024

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

cheeseboy58 posted:

Hes fun, bounciful, and makes bubbly noises. Also 900000 pixels big

*polygons

Square-Enix finally acknowledged the glitch and said it will be fixed in the next patch, but gave no indication of when that will be :imunfunny:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never, the lesson is you should have binged it as quickly as possible like a Real Fan

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Damb I apparently missed a yuffie weapon in ch 12 and I’m past the point of no return :-/. Wonder what else I’ve missed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Damb I apparently missed a yuffie weapon in ch 12 and I’m past the point of no return :-/. Wonder what else I’ve missed

Check a weapon store. Weapons you miss usually get added there.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Wow, hard mode bosses really do be hard mode. Just beat Gi Nattak after upwards of ten retries, though I do at least feel like I learned it like a Dark Souls boss and didn't just button mash through.

Now to look up videos of people beating him in ten seconds.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Check a weapon store. Weapons you miss usually get added there.

I will but at this point I’m assuming that’s not an option til post game? Cuz there’s no weapon store in temple of the ancients and the item shop by the bench doesn’t have weapons

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I heard theres one meta build that just pwns everything but im not gonna try to find it. If anyone feels compelled talking about it please spoiler it tia

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

I will but at this point I’m assuming that’s not an option til post game? Cuz there’s no weapon store in temple of the ancients and the item shop by the bench doesn’t have weapons

Oh, yeah, probably not until postgame sadly.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Missed getting the assess on Joker, is there another chance to get that or is it a one & done?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Missed getting the assess on Joker, is there another chance to get that or is it a one & done?

There are Jokers in Send in the Clowns battle 4

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Never, the lesson is you should have binged it as quickly as possible like a Real Fan

Unfortunately I have a life :(

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I feel brain dead I am stuck at the ch13 section where aerith can channel lifestream. I’ve gathered all I can and killed everything in the area, and don’t have enough to open this second gateway. I thought maybe I could absorb the lifestream back out of the one I opened but apparently not this mechanic is weird.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Wamsutta posted:

I feel brain dead I am stuck at the ch13 section where aerith can channel lifestream. I’ve gathered all I can and killed everything in the area, and don’t have enough to open this second gateway. I thought maybe I could absorb the lifestream back out of the one I opened but apparently not this mechanic is weird.

Have you smashed the little green statues? They don't give much but it might take you over what you need.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I’ve smashed any and everything currently accessible to me. I’m not far at all from the bench this section starts at. Legit no idea how I’m supposed to progress.

E: found the last bit, I must have missed it in the room with the encounter.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 5, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wamsutta posted:

I’ve smashed any and everything currently accessible to me. I’m not far at all from the bench this section starts at. Legit no idea how I’m supposed to progress.

Have you redrawn green power from the urns you've filled or partly filled? That's the trick.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Wamsutta posted:

E: found the last bit, I must have missed it in the room with the encounter.
Those things should have been bigger and harder to miss. Back tracking through a whole area isn't fun.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://x.com/ChipCheezum/status/1776060570686419109

Wait what?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
wtf i never knew that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It actually makes a lot of sense because party switching can be very disorienting at times because you dont know how your guys are positioned. It also lets you resume attacking faster.