Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Those invisible christians. I can literally only see two churches from where I'm sitting. They need more attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

digital penitence posted:

I've seen too many Trump rallies, because I recognize this stupid wall suit guy

Wow, what a profound Disney tattoo

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Apparently voters don't like Ryan

I live in Tulsa and didn't realize there were school board elections yesterday, but I can tell you that, no, no one likes Ryan Walters.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Random Stranger posted:

Those invisible christians. I can literally only see two churches from where I'm sitting. They need more attention.

Lemme just look in town.
Okay, there's 21 churches and... oh wow!
Zero queer establishments??? That can't be right.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Wait, so trans Christians get two days of visibility? Sounds pretty unfair to me!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Make him draw the clock calendar

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

finally, oklahoma is free of far right influence on schools

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Wow MAGA/Moms4Liberty got smashed last night in school boards

Unfortunately they almost swept in my school district. We had 3 seats up and they won 2 handily. That makes 3 or 4 on the board now. Shits getting bad.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

re Nebraska

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

https://www.wral.com/story/thomas-farr-conservative-lawyer-behind-decades-of-gop-political-wins-in-north-carolina-dies-at-69/21359445/

Rest in piss

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Hope he suffered and his mom watched

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

nice

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Honestly (and maybe this is just my lack of imagination talking) I can't really think of an explanation that would make it not funny.

"It was the plan all along, Rudy knew the owner and he was a supporter, the name is just a coincidence"? No that too is nuts on several levels

I remember hearing somewhere that the Four Seasons hotel was too close to a school for one of the :aatrek: staffers to legally be present so they had to kinda scramble at the last minute to find a different venue. Maybe that was just a rumor though

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

I remember hearing somewhere that the Four Seasons hotel was too close to a school for one of the :aatrek: staffers to legally be present so they had to kinda scramble at the last minute to find a different venue. Maybe that was just a rumor though

I'm confident that was a joke because it's not like those fuckers would care how close a school was. Four Seasons was just a gently caress up, that was all there was to it.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

don't do anything stupid, colorado.

Colorado has had abortion on every ballot (via Personhood Amendments) since like 2008. They always fail with 25% of the vote. It’ll be fine.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Ulf posted:

Colorado has had abortion on every ballot (via Personhood Amendments) since like 2008. They always fail with 25% of the vote. It’ll be fine.

To allow abortion or to forbid abortion?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:lol: that owns

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I believe a “personhood amendment” defines a fetus as a full legal person, allowing you to outlaw abortion. (May or may not include a section about ectopic pregnancies but I think the consensus among our moral betters is that ectopic pregnancies are Gods will)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yiiiiikes

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Did we cover these lols??

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-sues-truth-social-co-founders-says-not-entitled-stock-shares-rcna146106

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
lol this new article is talking about one of the financiers being connected to putin, shell companies, money laundering...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/03/trump-media-es-family-trust-2022-loans

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 3, 2024

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

That's a lol.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Ulf posted:

I just know reality is hosed lately so I can't help but stress.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

if that isnt writing on the wall, i dont know what is

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

It's so so so so petty. The second largest stock holder owns 0.2% of the company so it's gently caress all stock. It's trump being a deeply petty person as per usual. Everything must be his and the entire room must be focused on him.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Onkel Hedwig posted:

It is easy to get a constitutional amendment on the Colorado ballot, so easy that every two years some home-schooled kid will put an amendment on the ballot to get fetuses designated as people (and thus define abortion as murder).

Here is a typical example, you should be able to find an equivalent on most ballot years.

I get what you are asking, I’m just saying that in Colorado we won’t see a bump in voters with a “protect abortion” amendment because we literally have abortion on every ballot (and we don’t have any concern about how it’ll be voted on).

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

User "Ohio State Voter" - aka @umichvoter - discussing Wisconsin election results :psyduck:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Stop the count the votes!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Does Wisconsin have early voting and if so was it before Haley dropped out?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I don't like that 17k more Republicans than Democrats voted in the primary, though.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

User "Ohio State Voter" - aka @umichvoter - discussing Wisconsin election results :psyduck:

Im a finnish expat in Thailand and I discuss the heap of poo poo known as the united states. What of it?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

I don't like that 17k more Republicans than Democrats voted in the primary, though.

eh Dems turnout for a primary after Biden has locked the nomination doesn't necessarily mean anything. 19k more chud voters with 1/5 of them voting for anyone but Tronald Dump is a lot more telling IMO

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

The Alchemist posted:

Im a finnish expat in Thailand and I discuss the heap of poo poo known as the united states. What of it?

The University of Michigan and Ohio State University have a very long and very well-known rivalry with each other. It's generally good-natured, but they don't "like" each other.

Both universities and states look down on Wisconsin as a sort of "little brother."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68716467

quote:

A ringleader in a global monkey torture network exposed by the BBC has been charged by US federal prosecutors.

Michael Macartney, 50, who went by the alias "Torture King", was charged in Virginia with conspiracy to create and distribute animal-crushing videos.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

All the people who knew how to do things in the republican party are retired or dead. All that's left are the nutjobs, the grifters, and the religous wackos.

lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah they are losing all over the place because their brand is poo poo, yet the chuds are demanding trump and the GOP run on this bullshit.

yeah, of course he is a racist chud too. like its always chuds sadism. cruelty is the point, etc.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

So if I'm reading this thread right, all the recent scattered elections are another "Republicans keep getting their asses kicked in real world votes" for the pile?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I am the good guy"

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Hold on, that's not Elon Musk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

RIP Bozo