Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fascinating stuff. I wonder how Israel drone striking one of its biggest backers own special forces is going down at MI6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Fascinating stuff. I wonder how Israel drone striking one of its biggest backers own special forces is going down at MI6

Doesn't matter, we have a ruling party with actual fascists in it. MI6 can cry all they want and be ignored.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
just in case people forgot: any dickhead can buy a bluetick on twitter now and it no longer means it's a verified account

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

Sure, Israel blaming every gently caress up on Hamas is on point and believable. But that's not the same as spending resources to target aid workers. It's such a high risk low reward move.

I find it far more believable they just saw a car with armed people in and just bombed it without doing any checks what so ever, as this is exactly how many aid workers in our own conflicts have died by our hand and Americas.

Are you completely skullfucked? How do you think the IDF saw the armed people in the car from overhead? The only thing they would have seen was the clear marking of the charity on the roof. And any pretence that this was accidental went out the window when they strafed the second car.

The best case, the very best case, is that the aid workers were killed for the same reason our military and the US military have killed aid workers: they saw a car moving that wasn't theirs. We already know that the IDF deem anything in Gaza to be an enemy to kill on sight, including their own escaped hostages.

And there is no such thing as a "high risk low reward" strategy for them here. As you have been told, repeatedly now, there is no risk for Israel in this. They will face no pushback for anything they do, and in most cases will be unconditionally supported.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Jedit posted:

Are you completely skullfucked?

I'm not reading past that.

MeinPanzer posted:

Before 07/10, sure, but look at how sloppy most hasbara is these days. Any PR savvy the Israeli establishment cultivated before has gone right out the window.

I also don't think that Netanyahu is cackling like a Bond villain as he orders the IDF to destroy an aid convoy. The IDF is basically like an out-of-control teen these days: it realises what it can get away with, and it's increasingly testing boundaries with the tacit support of the Israeli government. It used to get a huge amount of international push-back whenever it attacked or even just operated near Palestinian hospitals; now hospitals in both Gaza and the West Bank are routinely bombed or raided and it barely even registers against the background horror of the genocide. I'm sure that the same is happening for aid organisations: when Israel begins its final push to kill or expel as many Palestinians as possible in Rafah, I'd bet that there will be a lot more accidents akin to that shooting of people scrambling for food aid or this bombing of an aid convoy.

I'm in complete agreement on the end result. Things are going to continue to get worse. Now support for Israel is falling away they have even less reason to bother making the most basic of due diligence or care, not that they where doing much before.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 3, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm not reading past that.

That's OK, you weren't reading anyway.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

Are you completely skullfucked?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hug a Hoggy

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jedit posted:

That's OK, you weren't reading anyway.

Well that only further validates their point.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Doesn't matter, we have a ruling party with actual fascists in it. MI6 can cry all they want and be ignored.
What if they move past crying and into releasing the
tapes &c?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well ironically Pigfucker is the only one currently in government who isn't a bootlicker for Israel.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Well ironically Pigfucker is the only one currently in government who isn't a bootlicker for Israel.

I guess they do have very diverging opinions on pork

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

True, although Ms Pork Markets was able to square the circle.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

I'm sure there's worse than him in Parliament though, and you don't get high up in the security services without knowing who, so there's a limited amount of "we will allow people to kill your ex/current staff where it is diplomatically convenient" you can get away with before the papers get the photos.

That or political figures suddenly start getting Lev Rokhlin'd by their wives, and their wife is three masked men in a car at the end of the street.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cameron is just making a few noises in the right direction for PR purposes, and his protestations are no different than the fake concerns from people like Biden.

e: A beautiful display of his hot air salad was jost posted on the BBC

quote:

The UK foreign secretary says an investigation into the deaths of aid workers in Gaza must happen "very, very quickly".

Speaking in Brussels, Lord Cameron says he welcomes Israel pledging a full, urgent and transparent inquiry.

He spoke to his Israeli counterpart, Israel Katz, after the death of three UK citizens.

Lord Cameron says that Katz had talked about getting more aid into Gaza - including up to 500 trucks a day.

"We've been promised these things before - this really needs to happen," Lord Cameron says.

He adds that the UK would watch "very closely" to ensure aid workers could travel safely around Gaza.

Yet more meaningless words that he won't follow up on.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 3, 2024

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well if they could also put some novichok in Keith's pocket scotch that would be appreciated.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

I'm telling you any minute now we will look very sturnly at our arms sales to Israel.
and then nod satisfactory at the invoice amount

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Tesseraction posted:

yeah, the only pig he hosed this year was eylon levy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mega Comrade posted:

I'm telling you any minute now we will look very sturnly at our arms sales to Israel.

Peer Sterner

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Starmer will triple arms sales just to show he's not Corbyn

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mega Comrade posted:

Have they worked out if we sold them the missiles that killed our citizens?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

If it's the one they say it was, it's American

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

smellmycheese posted:

Ex-special-forces turned mercenary are not provided quite the same consideration.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

mossyfisk posted:

Ex-special-forces turned mercenary are not provided quite the same consideration.

Even serving special forces are not provided the same consideration. Politically embarrassing deaths are normally covered up as civilian or training accidents. When my dad was serving in an RAF spying squadron in the 60's, there was a road in Aden where a significant amount of people from the base were killed after being 'struck by cars'. He said scores of deaths were covered up that way when he was stationed there.

On that topic, there have been a lot of helicopter training accidents lately (in the US at least).

The targeted assassination of these aid workers was too high profile to be covered up using the normal methods, and I think that was Israel's intention. They sent a very loud message to foreign intelligence agencies to stay the gently caress away on top of forcing any emergency food aid from reaching Gaza. They don't want witnesses to the starvation genocide, as those images are bad optics for the Israeli government.

Israel will continue to get away with the murders, just as they are getting away with genocide and other war crimes. They have a mountain of blackmail material on the entire establishment world, which is why the western world is bending to their will.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 3, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Great stuff.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol come on, i don’t see what sort of blackmail israel would have in the us that matters

american political will still, in large part thanks to the ruckus raised by evangelicals, bends toward giving israel whatever they want (in part because it gives the us a more secure base of operations in the region)

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

mediaphage posted:

lol come on, i don’t see what sort of blackmail israel would have in the us that matters

They have all the Epstein videos of Western politicians OP

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The rabbit is gone, you can climb out of the hole now

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

There was a NI thing in the news recently, something to do with Stakeknife maybe? about how Cameron really wanted to bring justice to the families of those murdered except he couldn't because there were 'men in buildings' who wouldn't let him, nosirree. Which seemed like a very coy, Boris-like way of passing the buck to??? which of course was immediately scrutinised by our diligent press

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hate those men in buildings. Warm bastards. Some of us sit in the freezing cold and we like it. Don't like it, there's the door

into the warm building.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The building is that brothel he woke up naked in at 4am

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
perhaps Israel has the footage of William beating Kate and putting her in hospital that they covered up

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sadly Israel bombed that hospital out of habit.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mega Comrade posted:

Sure, Israel blaming every gently caress up on Hamas is on point and believable. But that's not the same as spending resources to target aid workers. It's such a high risk low reward move.

Israel bombs an aid convoy and every liberal brain immediately starts wheeling up rationalizations, there's no risk here. What bad thing is going to happen to Israel or it's endless supply of weapons from America because of this move?

The reward is pretty clear more children starve and no one is asking about the aid that has been permanently diverted. The reward is all the foreign aid workers who just cleared out of Gaza and won't be around to provide sympathetic (read: white) eyewitness accounts of starving children. The reward is a lot more dead Gazans.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Musk would wipe the floor with khrishnan and if it didnt go his way well then hed just buy channel 4

You're underestimating how much of a moron Musk is. His recent interview with Don Lemon was noteworthy because Lemon does not have a reputation as a hard hitting journalist to uphold and still managed to stump him with basic questions like "where did you get that information from?" (Response: "guys who reply to me on twitter") while Musk looked on the verge of tears the whole time. Plus two of khrishnans major faux pas have been going too hard on Americans used to their media style who dont expect it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cookie Cutter posted:

They have all the Epstein videos of Western politicians OP

lol sure ok

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I see the cops have already made Scotland's anti-hate law irrelevant by giving JK a free pass

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Rarity posted:

I see the cops have already made Scotland's anti-hate law irrelevant by giving JK a free pass

I'm sure they'll find use for those hate laws if people call JK a terf

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Rarity posted:

No though it's great, official sign-off at the highest level in the land that we can just ignore laws we disagree with! I can think of a few amazing ones if we can use this excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Isomermaid posted:

No though it's great, official sign-off at the highest level in the land that we can just ignore laws we disagree with! I can think of a few amazing ones if we can use this excuse

Only if we're rich enough though.