Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

reversefungi posted:

Thanks for this! I had started doing Diadem along with GC turn ins but had been wondering if there was a better way/other stuff I could be doing. Helps to have it in a list form like this!
While it's not necessary in the slightest, you can also supplement your experience with tribal quests, which do provide some decent chunks of experience daily. It's a little more effort in running around, though.

For crafters, you're looking at Ixal for 1-50, Moogle for 50-60, Namazu for 60-70, Dwarf for 70-80, and Loporrit for 80-90.
For gatherers, there's no tribes until Stormblood, when they let Namazu pull double-duty. Namazu 60-70, Qitari 70-80, and Omicron 80-90.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I just met Erenville! I did not expect for him to have an implaceable accent lol. I really like him though, it's high time someone that interacts with all the cool fantasy flora and fauna in a non-destructive became a main character (I only know he's in Dawntrail ok).

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

goblin week posted:

I just met Erenville! I did not expect for him to have an implaceable accent lol.
His English voice actor (Ari Ísfeld Óskarsson) is native Icelandic, just like Lyna (Salóme R. Gunnarsdóttir).

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Hogama posted:

While it's not necessary in the slightest, you can also supplement your experience with tribal quests, which do provide some decent chunks of experience daily. It's a little more effort in running around, though.

For crafters, you're looking at Ixal for 1-50, Moogle for 50-60, Namazu for 60-70, Dwarf for 70-80, and Loporrit for 80-90.
For gatherers, there's no tribes until Stormblood, when they let Namazu pull double-duty. Namazu 60-70, Qitari 70-80, and Omicron 80-90.

The XP they give also gets better at max rank, and they are much less tedious once you hit Namazu and later tribes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Viera generally have Icelandic accents dating back to their first voiced appearance (FFXII), it's really cool imo

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Oh neat! I couldn't place it, because, well, I don't know as many people from Iceland as I'd like. Other than Bjork.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I just did the quest. Warning, I'm about to make everyone extremely angry:

That was legitimately the worst event in this game I've ever played, and I'm struggling to think of a worse fight than 16 Ifrit, that was ten minutes of loving nothing. It's almost a feat to have come up with a less engaging fight than ARR Ifrit, but here we have it. I was actively ignoring the dodge in favor of just running out of the AoEs any time it was possible, because that was much more fun. Was the lesson they learned from the XV event's Garuda fight to never give an event fight an actually dynamic mechanic? Because Warp Strike barely worked, but at least it tried to be engaging.
*doesnt press the button they give me and tell me to press* why is this fight taking so long

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

I just did the quest. Warning, I'm about to make everyone extremely angry:

That was legitimately the worst event in this game I've ever played, and I'm struggling to think of a worse fight than 16 Ifrit, that was ten minutes of loving nothing. It's almost a feat to have come up with a less engaging fight than ARR Ifrit, but here we have it. I was actively ignoring the dodge in favor of just running out of the AoEs any time it was possible, because that was much more fun. Was the lesson they learned from the XV event's Garuda fight to never give an event fight an actually dynamic mechanic? Because Warp Strike barely worked, but at least it tried to be engaging.

And as for the rest... apparently 16's soundtrack sounds like Nier's, if Nier's didn't know how to be hauntingly beautiful. And sadly, Clive woke up without a personality... and it doesn't look like that was the amnesia's fault. I hope for 16's sake that this was just a bad showing, because oof.

Also, this outfit has 'superhero muscle suit' vibes on my character, it looks terrible.

They gave you gimmick mechanics that did free big damage and you decided to actively not engage and are bitching that the fight took so long.

I don't even have a joke here for this. You just admitted you were being dumb about it on purpose, I have to assume to make yourself mad. You goof ball.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 3, 2024

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

personally if a post opened with "this'll make people mad" I wouldn't read the rest of it

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

biceps crimes posted:

My character model has never appeared more lacking than it does in this event with Clive. Where are my polygons?
They're with the texture updates.

NachtSieger posted:

I didn't even notice a single difference. I have no idea what you're talking about.
I feel ya, these two are practically identical.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's also clearly bait cause cleretic has spent the last year constantly reminding everyone in multiple threads how bad she thought 16 was and how she wasn't interested in it so I think that might be coloring her decision to actively ignore the mechanics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly its an extremely pathetic way to be. i didnt think 16 was that good either and i dont need to pretend to be a moron to justify that opinion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean I don't think the event was any great shakes. It is literally just a fight from FF16 put into FF14 with minimal context. But refusing to engage with the mechanics will make any fight suck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh yea the event was a fair bit duller than the 15 event also, noctis got funnier lines. i think its just a consequence of 16's tone and where they pulled clive from

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I know there are multiple reasons it's not a good idea, but I would have liked near-endgame Clive to like, get hit by a chocobo cart and wake up in Eorzea and the quest is him going "okay what the gently caress happened and why is everything strange" and the quest would be a comedy of errors.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The way the dodge actually works, as far as I can tell. Is that as long as you would be hit at any point during the animation, you take no damage and trigger the active dash.

Which means it is entirely based on how accurate the animations are to when the hit happens to time the dodge. Additionally if you dodge "out" of an aoe that then goes off whilst you're mid dodge but no longer getting hit, it doesn't count.

You specifically have to have the damage you would take be negated by the short term invincibility of the dodge.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
My complaint for the FF16 quest is we did not have a kaiju fight between Primal Ifrit and Eikon Ifrit.

Edit: Also could have worked it in better with the amnesia aspect where he is like SoP Jack instead of just generally being confused about everything.*

Clive: I don't know who I am but I know I have to kill Ifrit
Random NPC: Hey we know Ifrit is bad mystery man but Ifrit is not around right now.
Clive: No I know I have to kill Ifrit
Random NPC: Look here is the WoL they have beaten Ifrit like 5 times by now they can confirm we currently have no Ifrits
WoL: Affirmative silent nod

(Somehow Primal Ifrit Returns)

Clive: "You are not Ifrit, I am."

(Kaiju battle fun time)

*Though I am glad Clive got to ride an airship and enjoyed it.

Vise the Stompy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 3, 2024

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Noctis took my WoL camping. Really hard to top that, sorry Clive.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Also I got a sweet rear end car out of the deal

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

We should've gotten his hairstyle too just to be fair but then Viera/Hroth would've been left out :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

NachtSieger posted:

I know there are multiple reasons it's not a good idea, but I would have liked near-endgame Clive to like, get hit by a chocobo cart and wake up in Eorzea and the quest is him going "okay what the gently caress happened and why is everything strange" and the quest would be a comedy of errors.

yeah it would've been funny if the quest was more focused on clive dealing with culture shock at how all the things that are awful in his world are perfectly chill here

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

The Colonel posted:

yeah it would've been funny if the quest was more focused on clive dealing with culture shock at how all the things that are awful in his world are perfectly chill here

Yeah, this was what I was hoping for with the crossover. Ah well!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I feel like they missed a lot.

"You're using healing magic on me? But you're not a bearer!"
"The land is so lush and green... what about the Blight?"
"Wait, you killed an Eikon? Like, you, personally, killed one?!"
"What the hell do you mean magic doesn't make you turn into salt?"

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Vise the Stompy posted:

*Though I am glad Clive got to ride an airship and enjoyed it.
But they didn't even show it! I wanted a version of the "leaving your home city for the first time" cutscene at level 15 to play, complete with the airship theme.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alder posted:

We should've gotten his hairstyle too just to be fair but then Viera/Hroth would've been left out :v:

Can't have his hair until Dawntrail, it's too high rez for current players!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i guess placing it at level 50 also limits them pretty heavily, having him meet or just learn about garleans would be a pretty pertinent thing

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I'm a quest away from completing Endwalker base MSQ, though I will still have patch content to go.

I'm assuming at this point there's no real reason to try and get into a raid group given that everything will be sunset soon. What are my gearing options for going into Dawntrail aside from running the patch dungeon content? At a glance it looks like this expansion's relic weapons won't be TOO hard to get, assuming the tomestones aren't too difficult to get?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

YorexTheMad posted:

I'm a quest away from completing Endwalker base MSQ, though I will still have patch content to go.

I'm assuming at this point there's no real reason to try and get into a raid group given that everything will be sunset soon. What are my gearing options for going into Dawntrail aside from running the patch dungeon content? At a glance it looks like this expansion's relic weapons won't be TOO hard to get, assuming the tomestones aren't too difficult to get?

At the outset you can grab a set if Diadochos gear for your job. They're relatively cheap and'll let you get your foot in the door for all Endwalker patch content and into early Dawntrail. You can either buy an entire set or pick and choose while filling holes with tomestone gear.

If you wanna take it slow you can run roulettes on your 90 job for capped and uncapped tomestones and use those to buy gear. Credendum gear is higher base item level than Diadochos and can be further upgraded with token items from the Endwalker 24 mans. You probably still want to buy a crafted weapon though, as those are a bit more of a grind to scoop from tomes.

You can maybe find a group of people looking to get their feet wet in raids even now, and if you're interested in that I'd recommend a group that goes at it once or twice a week to see if it's for you. You'll still need to meet a baseline of gear though, so I wouldn't recommend doing it if your intent is just to gear up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Clive, be careful going into the woods, Odin lurks there?"
"Odin... I'm not sure why but I feel a fear of that name in every drat sinew in my body."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

YorexTheMad posted:

You could do a million Hunt Trains in the next 3 months to get all the relics, or just chill until DT when it'll all turn into Poetics and you'll get given level 91 gear in the MSQ anyways.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

YorexTheMad posted:

Highest ilevel stuff:
Relic Weapons -- Max 665 -- all use the Causality tomestones which are easy to get (can get a bit grindy, but not difficult)
Crafted Gear (Rashti, Radz-at-Hahn) -- Crafted at 640, turned into tokens for 650 -- Probably not worth it compared to other stuff you can get, but if you want a leg up at the start of your 90 life check on the marketboard for Diadochos gear. If you want the 650 stuff it takes both tokens (gotten from handing in 640 stuff of any type, an HQ 640 item will give enough tokens for an equivalent 650 or you can buuild up to it depending what's cheap) and Divine Rain (gotten for basic tomestones so it's gonna conflict with relic weapons)
Causality Tomestone Gear (Cihanti, Radz-at-Hahn) -- 620 -- Probably not worth it if you're trying to do relics
Comedy Tomestone Gear (same person) -- 650 -- come in slower than Causality and have a weekly cap, but better
Augmented Comedy Gear (Khaldeen next door) -- 660 -- require the Comedy gear and Divine Solvent/Twine/Shine, which either comes from doing the alliance raids (one coin per run, a coin from each can be exchanged), Savage Raids, or getting Nuts (slower, only useful when the alliance raids were capped per week, but if you really like hunt trains you can get these)
Normal Raids (Anabaseos) -- 640 -- This is really easy to gear up because most folks skip the raid tokens and there's no cap now. So if you do all four you can walk out there with pretty much a full set of gear.
Alliance Raid (Thalea) -- 650 -- Slower than normal raids because people often roll anyway and it's RNG, but another easy source of gear up to that level.

Note that none of this is required for Dawntrail, which I think will start at around ilevel 620/630, whatever the MSQ dungeons are dropping by 6.5. Don't think of it as required gearing up, but rather as where to look if you want stuff that'll still be useful in early DT. If I were just trying to gear things up without pursuing other goals I think I'd try to do relic weapon and whatever 650/660 I could get for my main job, anyone else I was gearing up would hit the Normal Raids for 640 or buy Diadochos if it's a cheap price and/or I liked the look. Alliance Raid gear would be whatever I could win rolls on to fill in gaps.

EDIT: another note, most of those vendors have old tiers of gear as well so double-check that you're buying stuff for the items you want to get. Diadochos crafted gear (certificates of Grade 3 Import), Divine Solvent/Twine/Shine, Credendum tomestone gear.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 3, 2024

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ImpAtom posted:

"Wait, you killed an Eikon? Like, you, personally, killed one?!"

Only one? :smuggo:

I was waiting for him to mention eikons and then thinking he was garlean or something.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The weirdest thing for me in the crossover quest is when they mention Garuda for Clive to hear. (EW spoilers) By now the tribes already know how to do the proper summons for non-problematic primals, why is Garuda a problem again? well okay it's garuda but still

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The weirdest thing for me in the crossover quest is when they mention Garuda for Clive to hear. (EW spoilers) By now the tribes already know how to do the proper summons for non-problematic primals, why is Garuda a problem again? well okay it's garuda but still

There's still Garuda-tempered people out there who are still a danger. Also, like, if Garuda is summoned by anyone, even if it's a legitimate way, it's still not a good thing. You're not summoning Garuda to clean up your lawn.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jetrauben posted:

Yeah, this was what I was hoping for with the crossover. Ah well!

The timing has a lot to do with it: A Nocturne of Heroes was released around 2.5 years after FFXV had been properly out, whereas FFXVI's release window is within recent memory, and the PC port still isn't available. It's more of a tastefully done marketing tool than it is a neat tie-in, so getting into the finer details of Clive's backstory and his thoughts on Eorzea vs. Valisthea might be giving too much of the mystery away for potential buyers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FFXV also got a crossover with FFXIV at the same time which was neat. Maybe there will be something in the last DLC for 16.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

This takes place right after ARR.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Level 50 sync, we’re not there yet

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Event was pretty dull on the whole, although I loved the fight. Seems like another Dawntrail crunch victim like the dual easter/ladies day thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

YorexTheMad posted:

To address the getting ready for Dawntrail part: They do try to make it pretty easy to start the new content. If you get some Diadochos/Credendum gear as Vitamean mentioned, you should be set. For comparison to the start of EW: The max item level in ShB was 530, and the first dungeon of EW required ilvl 500 to enter + dropped ilvl 520 gear. The current max ilvl is 660 so the first dungeon of DT will probably require ilvl 630, and the intro quests for DT should also give you coffers with gear to raise your ilvl.