Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1775297295782654368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Once again, conservatives spending 24/7 obsessing over others' genitals which they simply cannot stop thinking about while they tell everyone else they're the perverted and immoral ones.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
maybe if labor rights were good and wealth inequality wasnt bad, Millennials could both have kids, but also have the ability to take a random day off like in sitcoms and have wacky or boring shenanigans during the day/week.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

drat, if women can have sex on their own terms they might choose to do it with guys who are actually attractive and cool instead of horrible right wing blobs like you and I. Can’t have that!

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Buncha bloodlusters in here, I'm on team ape.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Left-to-right: Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, Steven Crowder, Laura Loomer, and Tim Pool without his beanie

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I like Trump still making GBS threads on the camera crews like this is 2016 and anyone besides the Qanon Streaming Network is still covering his rallies

Right now some InfoWars intern is getting threatened and spit on by Wisconsin hogs for choosing to televise their Dear Leader

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

weg posted:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

weg posted:

my favorite pastime is to watch the planet of the apes movies and root for the death of humanity

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

donkey had some hooters back then

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

I mean, birth control hormones do affect behavior but not quite to the extent the :biotruths: gang believes, or in the ways they often claim. Most of their issues come from being absolutely repulsive self centered jerks.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

:lol: you know he added 'granddaughter' in there, cos no one in that crowd is below 65

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

I know what he's trying to say, and it's even more stupid. Where will you deport the people sheltering illegal aliens if they are American citizens, Donald? That's not how deportation works. God, this guy is a loving imbecile.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Why the gently caress is there a feature portrait on this piece of poo poo? Was he the Fox News citizen of the week or something

It comes from the BBC's feature report/investigation on the monkey torture network:

:nms: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/Iot1dIWVS5/hunting-the-monkey-torturers :nms:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Remember when the 2022 midterm results were coming in, and Charlie Kirk had a livestream with (I think) Kari Lake? And as the results came in, he turned to her and said, “Are we wrong?”

Or was that some other rightwing shithead?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This isn’t terrifying nope

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Martians invaded my home and my favorite president (TRUMP!) deported ME!!

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Barrel Cactaur posted:

I mean, birth control hormones do affect behavior but not quite to the extent the :biotruths: gang believes, or in the ways they often claim. Most of their issues come from being absolutely repulsive self centered jerks.

They have zero interest of how birth control or women's bodies work. The only thing I'll ever remember about Rush Limbaugh is him attacking advocate Sandra Fluke

quote:

Limbaugh first thrust himself into the center of the contraception debate on Wednesday when he called Fluke a "slut" on his radio show for arguing to Congress that the expense for her birth control should be covered by her employer's health care plan.

As the Senate voted down a Republican effort that would have allowed employers not to cover contraception in their health plans, Limbaugh enraged the left by saying that Fluke was "having so much sex she can't afford her own birth control pills and she agrees that Obama should provide them, or the pope."

Everyone knows you need extra pills for extra sex, and if you're taking a pill every day you must be an insane slut.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I like my women bitter angry and unattractive. Checkmate mr kirk

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

:killing:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Sir John Falstaff posted:

It comes from the BBC's feature report/investigation on the monkey torture network:

:nms: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/Iot1dIWVS5/hunting-the-monkey-torturers :nms:

Yeah gently caress that. Document the people trying to stop it, sure, do not send a photographer to get humanizing portraits of the loving monsters (to say nothing of the potential danger)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

So Trump's base has shrunk from ~30% to 20%?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

nobodygetshurt posted:

:lol: you know he added 'granddaughter' in there, cos no one in that crowd is below 65

Boomers want grandchildren/great grandchildren and they will get them, no matter the cost (to others)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Dementropy posted:

A lot of them lost the battle even with a respirator.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"We're gonna need violence to get this country back on track. Not me, though, sorry. I'm much too busy hosting my podcast"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

The terrorism that is going to shift into overdrive across the next few years will be a lesson to future societies in why letting the media and fascists say whatever they want is a dog-poo poo idea.

These people have nothing to fear or complain about but what right wing media says they should.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

jokes posted:

Boomers want grandchildren/great grandchildren and they will get them, no matter the cost (to others)

I have a boomer inlaw like this, her recently married daughter is looking at switching careers to something that would be much more lucrative and closer to what she wants to do. The mom is devastated, of course. The new job will mean they won't be immediately trying to have a baby! How could they do this to her??

Absolutely batshit.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dementropy posted:

Maybe even lower, at least half of that has to be c-spam posetrs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Man, that's a lot of sheep.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dementropy posted:

id say the hardcore part of the base now is 20 and it used to be 30 with soft extra 10. covid and january 6th and the last couple years have hosed alot of that up. i think if trump loses he will try again with a coup but he has no real levers and he wont bring out the ghoul patrol like he did on j6.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

nobodygetshurt posted:

PKMN Trainer Red
vs.
GMTN Trainer Red

vs.
GTMO Trainer Ron

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I have a boomer inlaw like this, her recently married daughter is looking at switching careers to something that would be much more lucrative and closer to what she wants to do. The mom is devastated, of course. The new job will mean they won't be immediately trying to have a baby! How could they do this to her??

Absolutely batshit.

Sounds about right

I work for a college atm in a student support role, Dear God are there a lot of AWFUL and frankly horribly abusive parents in this era

From my own experience, you can give them all the real reasons you want, they are never wrong because YOU are the child, THEY are the parent

And that's all there is

"Honor thy Father and Mother" is their fascist creed

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Honestly it's not. 20% isn't a lot, and I'm sure there are a lot of liberals who believe this as well.

But more than half of the people saying this aren't going to do poo poo themselves, and the other half will probably shoot themselves in the dick.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

funeral home DJ posted:

The terrorism that is going to shift into overdrive across the next few years will be a lesson to future societies in why letting the media and fascists say whatever they want is a dog-poo poo idea.

These people have nothing to fear or complain about but what right wing media says they should.

sorta. most of these folks are soft cowards like my uncle. my uncle has a comfortable life and job and while he has fried his brain online to hard core chudism. i dont think he ever think he abadons what he has to die for trump, he will talk big game and would probably hurt someone if he thought he could get away with it or was part of the team, but i dont think he does and i think alot of them are like that. I think to alot of them, trumps a fandom because he has all the stuff they love and makes them feel important again and to get away for bordom of retirement or boring/lovely jobs, they buy into it.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

that's in line with existing research showing that somewhere around 20-25% of the population has a predisposition for supporting dictators

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jelly posted:

Honestly it's not. 20% isn't a lot, and I'm sure there are a lot of liberals who believe this as well.

But more than half of the people saying this aren't going to do poo poo themselves, and the other half will probably shoot themselves in the dick.

yeah, i mean i do to a degree. not in the "we need revolution sense" but in the "if they chuds start terrorism, people should and will fight back against them", like i dont think we are headed toward a syrian civil war but like if i have to defend my home or neighbors from some chud warband or whatever clancy poo poo happened. sure.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Durf posted:

There is an entire generation of parents going no contact on boomer grandparents who prioritize being awful chuds over actually respecting their offspring. Boomers adhering to the Missing Reasons doctrine think this is happening because of the Woke Mind Virus, not because they're insane inconsiderate assholes.

Grandparent's Rights is a real thing when the child is neglected or in danger, and some honestly do need to take over when the parents become opioid addicts or whatever, but I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long for conservatives to interpret it as the right for estranged grandparents to remove your grandchildren from school and force them to watch Prager U videos.
This is one of those things that I both completely understand and am utterly flabbergasted by. "I should be able to control my child forever, including when they have their own children" makes perfect sense if I'm a monster and no sense at all if I think about it for more than 15 seconds.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I suspect the best these people can do without Trump potus is slightly more stochastic terrorism. It’s possible Stephen Miller can try to create a Trumpstapo but I suspect there would be, uh, significant friction

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Yikes that's a hard read. Hope these people get really long sentences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I've spent the last hour or so down the monkey torture network rabbit hole, read that BBC piece and listened to most of an interview with a couple of the lead investigators, and I'm honestly glad I did. For all the shock at learning this poo poo goes on, anger that it continues to go on, dismay at discovering an exciting new way humanity can utterly suck rear end, etc., it was so empowering and encouraging to learn that a lot of the work to bust this ring was done by amateurs. These people waded into a total fuckin cesspool of the soul and did it of their own volition and on their own time and without making a dime, because they're good people. The BBC acted responsibly and diligently in their investigation too. Together they made the world a little better. I'm taking the whole thing as a timely reminder that even in these dark times there are still really good people out there, and sometimes they win a little.