Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Speaking of critically acclaimed auteur driven arthouse films…

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Edit: Double post

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happyimp posted:

We need more heartwarming gore movies. Tucker and Dale is amazing. Also, I will always be surprised that nobody ever saw Walk Hard. I will put it on, and nobody has ever seen it. It's so good.
It's one of my all-time favorite movies and has ruined every biopic for me since it came out but so many of my friends haven't seen it :(

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

That DICK! posted:

my favorite lost highway scene is the very end where he finds the highway

Wait, i thought he never did. That's why there's that scene at the beginning where he goes "highway..." and drops the snowglobe?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1775570515077349442

This has got to be better than Resurrections, right? I didn't care for that one at all.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Rageaholic posted:

This has got to be better than Resurrections, right? I didn't care for that one at all.

Yes but only because it’ll be a shameless ripoff of the first movie but Neo is in a Morpheus role for some new character discovering they’re the New One.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
cant wait for The M5TRIX

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

cant wait for The M5TRIX

MATRIK5

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is this a Trinity prequel starring ATJ?

Solo: a Matrix Story

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

You’re not allowed to say you didn’t like it. You have to say something like “oh ho ho those Sony execs got read the riot act I tell ya! Wouldn’t wanna be them after this scathing protest film that was definitely not a chore to watch!”

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Should I watch The Northman or Top Gun Maverick right now?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

Top gun maverick cuz it’ll make you jump up and shout “dudes own and so do airplanes!!” While the Northman will just make you go “no stop be with your wife!!”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bitterandtwisted posted:

They're both excellent choices, can't really go wrong with either one

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

they're about family. and that's what's so powerful about them

Blue fast blue velvetus

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gutcruncher posted:

Yes but only because it’ll be a shameless ripoff of the first movie but Neo is in a Morpheus role for some new character discovering they’re the New One.

Hrm...

quote:

“Drew came to Warner Bros. with a new idea that we all believe would be an incredible way to continue the Matrix world, by both honoring what Lana and Lilly began over 25 years ago and offering a unique perspective based on his own love of the series and characters,” said Warner Bros. Motion Pictures president of production Jesse Ehrman in a statement.

Surely, the person who knows that someone has the best ideas for continuing a story aren't the people who originally told the story, but the executive who will make the most money if the story continues somehow.

With any luck, Lana Wachowski laid enough groundwork in Resurrections (there's a machine civil war now and they aren't really attacking Zion anymore, both machines and people can wake up and leave the Matrix) that any new Matrix won't fall back on the patterns from the original movie that fueled weird right-wing and conspiracy-theory movements for the last two decades.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

colonelwest posted:

Speaking of critically acclaimed auteur driven arthouse films…

Jesus Christ those are the most :effort: packaging attempts for anything I've ever seen. Store brand rear end sleeve design.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

Holding out hope that the Matrix simulation stays at "peak of civilization" (1999) and doesn't try to modernize because at this point I really dont think anyone would argue with Smith about that

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bitterandtwisted posted:

The Northman is loving fantastic and you should watch it.

New top gun is also good, but it's just dope plane scenes.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Watch Top G2n with family, watch Eric Northman alone.

Or do it backwards.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you have access to The Trouble with her Uterus please post it

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Thanks friends, seems an even split. I'll go with Northman this evening, TGM another time

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Jesus Christ those are the most :effort: packaging attempts for anything I've ever seen. Store brand rear end sleeve design.

what are you talking about? that is premium 90's consumer grade printing. it's not even dot matrix!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

sure okay posted:

Holding out hope that the Matrix simulation stays at "peak of civilization" (1999) and doesn't try to modernize because at this point I really dont think anyone would argue with Smith about that

they should make it so the matrix adds 200 lbs. to your digital avatar and everyone inside is morbidly obese

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sure okay posted:

m5trix is just 2 hours of those youtubes of VHS footage of everyday life in 1999

it does triple the numbers avatar 1 did

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
people buying $20 tickets to relive when you could get a cheeseburger for 39 cents on a wednesday

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s just a VR headset walking simulator of 1998

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they should make it so the matrix adds 200 lbs. to your digital avatar and everyone inside is morbidly obese

So live action remake of Wall-E.

I am surprised Disney hasn't made live action remake of Toy Story. Maybe I missed the news?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

stephenthinkpad posted:

So live action remake of Wall-E.

I am surprised Disney hasn't made live action remake of Toy Story. Maybe I missed the news?

It would actually be fun to have elaborate costumes or puppets so that won’t happen. It’ll just be animated yet again but directed by someone who doesn’t feels it’s necessary to have animated characters emoting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

no... sweet baby jesus no

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

sure okay posted:

It’s hilarious they actually nailed one of those usually silly sci-fi predictions. There’s hardly anyone alive in America today who doesn’t wish it was perpetually 1999.

Now we just need a unified Ireland by the end of the year.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if you have access to The Trouble with her Uterus please post it

Yeah I’ve really wanted to see it, even though I’ve heard it’s awful. But RLM has tried really hard to destroy every trace of it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Barudak posted:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny lost a shitload of money lol.

We have Indiana Jones at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdozOvPgHzo

Some great stuff in here

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

It’s hilarious they actually nailed one of those usually silly sci-fi predictions. There’s hardly anyone alive in America today who doesn’t wish it was perpetually 1999.

Going back to 1999 would suck poo poo because my brain is now wired to need a smartphone hit every 5 minutes.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

we have rlm at home

NoneMoreNegative posted:

We have Indiana Jones at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdozOvPgHzo

Some great stuff in here

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

That's such a weird video because the guy talks about each movie for like 30 seconds. He is the antithesis of the boys if anything.

Anyway, where is the longform ducktales the movie content the material deserves :argh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

colonelwest posted:

Now we just need a unified Ireland by the end of the year.

Maybe if King Charles kicks it for real they'll have an opening

priznat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 3, 2024

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Gutcruncher posted:

While I 100% believe this could be a thing, the "universe" phrasing makes me think Reeves finally bowed out.

If not, it's definitely this.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rageaholic posted:

It was one good movie 25 years ago, they should let it go

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

It was one good movie 25 years ago, they should let it go

You’ll neva make it in this town, toots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Going back to 1999 would suck poo poo because my brain is now wired to need a smartphone hit every 5 minutes.

Yeah same, but I think my giant 5 bedroom house in the suburbs would be a nice consolation.