Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

WEH posted:

anything but comparing myers-briggs indicators itt lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

mediaphage posted:

imo mbti is just astrology for people who don’t believe in the zodiac

like chat about it fine but don’t try to find deeper meaning in it
That's right. Deeper meaning lies in the zodiac.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m more of a fan of the Minnesota multiplanar karmic investigation

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I’m more of a fan of the Minnesota multiplanar karmic investigation

if you wanna do shrooms in a cornfield that can be arranged

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fausty posted:

Sorry to only focus on this first bit, but I think it's important to mention every time I can, that we have never separated from the oceanic/universal/source consciousness because there isn't anything separate from it in the first place. There is obviously clear differences in the level of realization within a single mind, or even just the ability to recognize one's own ordinary aware consciousness, but the fact stands that no form of life whatsoever seems to lack awareness. It's kind of the prerequisite for life, to be self-organizing systems of energy. To be self-organized requires some sort of self-recognizing something in order to self-organize, and the term we have for that self-recognizing-or-knowing something is consciousness.

That all being said, please do not mistake consciousness-as-is for mind or minds. A mind, from my perspective, is a seemingly dissociated and separated (only seemingly, mind you) point of localization within the Source consciousness. That localized point of awareness, which is really only the original Source consciousness, offers the Source the opportunity to act and witness said acts within itself like we do in our own dreams.

There is no true evolution of consciousness, or separation from consciousness, only varying degrees of recognition of one's true nature within the frameworks of the seemingly separated minds that we use.

I don't disagree with anything here but just wondering what your stance on viruses is?

Are they conscious or are they basically a piece of machinery?

Orbs posted:

:hai:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

what's everyone's skull size?

enormous

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Fitzy Fitz posted:

what's everyone's skull size?

buy me dinner and maybe you'll find out

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
phrenology aside having a big head sucks, i have to go to a goddamned hat shop to find a ball cap

Azathoth posted:

if you wanna do shrooms in a cornfield that can be arranged

hell yeah

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Orbs posted:

:argh:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Fausty posted:

Sorry to only focus on this first bit, but I think it's important to mention every time I can, that we have never separated from the oceanic/universal/source consciousness because there isn't anything separate from it in the first place. There is obviously clear differences in the level of realization within a single mind, or even just the ability to recognize one's own ordinary aware consciousness, but the fact stands that no form of life whatsoever seems to lack awareness. It's kind of the prerequisite for life, to be self-organizing systems of energy. To be self-organized requires some sort of self-recognizing something in order to self-organize, and the term we have for that self-recognizing-or-knowing something is consciousness.

That all being said, please do not mistake consciousness-as-is for mind or minds. A mind, from my perspective, is a seemingly dissociated and separated (only seemingly, mind you) point of localization within the Source consciousness. That localized point of awareness, which is really only the original Source consciousness, offers the Source the opportunity to act and witness said acts within itself like we do in our own dreams.

There is no true evolution of consciousness, or separation from consciousness, only varying degrees of recognition of one's true nature within the frameworks of the seemingly separated minds that we use.

The problem with you focusing on the first bit is that now it's out of context! From the panentheistic perspective, which is one that I share, of course we have never separated from the Source nor are we capable of doing so. however I noted the particular connection that I did because sekhem, being your personal reservoir of power, is the part of an individuated consciousness ("a person") that is most explicitly tied to maintaining a healthy relationship with that Source -- it is the channel through which one might embody a greater portion of the Divine than they would be able to entertain otherwise. The "mind," interestingly, was not a concept included at all for a living individual in this particular philosophy. The akh, or intellect, could manifest as a distinguishable entity after the individual's death, but in life was split between ka (the eternal self/double) and the ba (personal awareness/consciousness).

The reason I brought up sekhem to begin with is that as an individuated entity's "power" or "divine image" it was also the source (pun intended) of an ability to exert that Divine power (practice magic/heka). Obviously this is not something the average person trucks with nowadays. But a greater / more developed sekhem also creates an increased awareness of the permeating Divine, and so if it were still a part of us we, societally, had an idea of and naturally worked to develop, our idea of / relationship to spirituality and the All might have remained such that in discussions along this vein we would not have considered it necessary to reestablish everything you noted above in the first place :lol:

e: the reason I said many/most/maybe all people have sekhem (which might have been the moment of disconnect between us?) instead of declaring it a universal trait is that I think there are absolutely some individuates who do everything they can to deny that connection, close or block off that conduit. Think hardcore materialism or atheism. Certainly the connection still exists in a manner, but if it is not nourished and reciprocated does it metaphorically shrivel up into something nearly vestigial? That was what I was considering when I didn't just use a universal statement.

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Apr 3, 2024

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

weird dreams last night

no big titty bushes though (that I remember)
Last night I had an alien-ish woman tell me I was being put back to sleep, eyes pretty much on the sides of her head like a fish, hairless (I think), but caucasian skin tone.

I say "her" because of the big titties, of course.

stringless has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Apr 3, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look I think if we're gonna be sharing erotic flatfish dreams we can also share personality types and skull topography

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
this thread have any woo recommendations for a breakup? beam me up aiteee

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

FFT posted:

Last night I had an alien-ish woman tell me I was being put back to sleep, eyes pretty much on the sides of her head like a fish, hairless (I think), but caucasian skin tone.

I say "her" because of the big titties, of course.

look it coulda just been big bob with the bigguns

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Milosh posted:

rebound with a big titty alien babe

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Slavvy posted:

I don't disagree with anything here but just wondering what your stance on viruses is?

Are they conscious or are they basically a piece of machinery?

:hai:

I cannot say that I'm in anyway qualified to answer in a detailed scientificly based manner, but I'll give my best and most honest take.

Viruses are a part of the Source consciousness as much as anything else in the apparent universe and as such would act with the same sort of beautiful intelligence that the rest of the (non-living so to speak) universe uses to action itself into its current form. The formation of atoms, the formation of galaxies and stars and planets, the geological and atmospheric dances that take place on those planets, and the eventual (and inevitable IMHO) diverse formations of life. It's all been done with it's own gorgeous sense of effortlessness. Viruses seem to be just as natural and a part of the Source consciousness as anything else, and therefore are inseparable from consciousness and the subjectivity that implies.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Look I think if we're gonna be sharing erotic flatfish dreams we can also share personality types and skull topography

well it was just size before but i do wonder about some of the shapes i feel on my skull sometimes

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

next on the agenda: blood type horoscopes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Hatebag posted:

next on the agenda: blood type horoscopes

“hmm well probably less inclined to get syphilis according to this chart”

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Milosh posted:

Get a Tarot or other oracular type reading. Those are good at working through relationship questions.

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/UAPJames/status/1775598709809520939

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1775598059344322673

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He's come a long way from the days of "we don't know what this is"

just hold the damned hearings already
rip the band-aid off

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

unidentified book dates

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

from oct 2023 i guess

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Unconfirmed Autumn Publication

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Brain Curry posted:

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I give zero fucks about a book any of these people write unless they have something like "okay there's aliens. They are here. Here are pictures and diagrams. gently caress everything. My book is about how I got the information, the deep analytical thought I had over the ontological shock and some recipe tips for this summer's strawberry picking season".

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brain Curry posted:

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Houle posted:

I give zero fucks about a book any of these people write unless they have something like "okay there's aliens. They are here. Here are pictures and diagrams. gently caress everything. My book is about how I got the information, the deep analytical thought I had over the ontological shock and some recipe tips for this summer's strawberry picking season".
That's where I'm at as well. I'm going to get physical proof and publish my own book before these clowns do, and my recipe tips will be better too.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Houle posted:

yeah that’s why all of these books suck and will continue to suck

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

mediaphage posted:

yeah that’s why all of these books suck and will continue to suck
Don't worry, mine will be great.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Plenty of UFO books are good for people who are new to the topic and want to catch up on the history, but once you've read one you've essentially read them all. Others involve some actual historical research, like tracking down interviews with witnesses and archival stuff. But the people on the podcast circuit are definitely not dropping any bombshells via their books.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

LtDan posted:

I wonder if this happens to non humans as well like dogs and dolphins as a example

The article mentions something similar being observed in the brains of dying rats. Which is extremely interesting in its possible implications.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Starting not to give a gently caress about witnesses too.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think most of us itt are burned out on tell all books and witness testimony. It can be interesting to read but ultimately you're not proving anything.

That's why the mummies being real is so important.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

D-Pad posted:

The article mentions something similar being observed in the brains of dying rats. Which is extremely interesting in its possible implications.

Wake me up when it's monotremes or sauraupsids or just a drat hagfish

At what level of organization does this effect stop? Sponges?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Brain Curry posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe