Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fun fact: Sushi pizza (deep fried sushi rice topped with tuna or salmon and a nice sauce) is a Canadian invention as a way to use up leftover sushi rice after service at a sushi restaurant in Toronto.

It is loving amazing and y'all better try it

I forgive the Ontarians for Hawaian pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

flakeloaf posted:

yes but then who will make number go up

Bay Street:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdUwrjgvvrA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's unfair, there were comparatively fewer human sacrifices in those days.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Listen, liberal, you can't PROVE that all those human sacrifices didn't slake the everlasting thirst of Huitzilopochtli and give us good harvests

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Randy Boissonnault is currently torturing a metaphor about how housing starts are like an enchilada or a pierogi.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Toronto is responsible for Indian roti, and for that alone deserves praise

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

a primate posted:

do they eat sushi with their hands in Japan? they’re all bite sized, so it makes sense

they are just as tall as everyone else

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

This is the kind of thing that is fun to brag about as an Ottawa local but once politicians get a hold of it it's ruined. They ruined it.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
My peak :smug: as an Ottawa resident came when Avengers came out and the Internet went ablaze with "what exactly is this shawarma business?" blog posts

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Canada helps the Maronites wage a disastrous civil war in Lebanon, and provides tacit support to Israel, then benefits from Catholic(ish), francophone immigrants. It's a heartwarming story, like Canadian mining companies helping the CIA trigger a race war in Guyana, giving us wonderful Guyanese cuisine, or Canada importing concentration camp guards to crush the interwar Ukrainian-Canadian left, which brought us pierogis varenyky.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Hawaiian pizza is good if it's prepared & cooked properly

I don't blame anyone who's only had it as fast food or from frozen, that's vile

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

Toronto is responsible for Indian roti, and for that alone deserves praise

how?
from my understanding us west indians make roti
but after discovering chapati it seems like that recipe surviving/changing after the colonial slave holding empire took you across the ocean

i have noticed here all the indian places here call it roti as well but i figured that was due to the strong west indian presence already having made a name for it

also the indian places dont seem to do dhal puri which is a real shame, but i guess its getting harder to find places which dont just default to plain roti anyways :smith:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's a heartwarming story, like Canadian mining companies helping the CIA trigger a race war in Guyana, giving us wonderful Guyanese cuisine,

this was wild to learn about more recently as i had heard the stories from my family about the riots and race war, it helps explain (not excuse) some of the poo poo they say regarding other races

Blood Boils posted:

Hawaiian pizza is good if it's prepared & cooked properly

I don't blame anyone who's only had it as fast food or from frozen, that's vile

i just dont like pineapple here nor sweet on a savory pizza, closest I've liked is a teensy drizzle of hot honey

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Canada helps the Maronites wage a disastrous civil war in Lebanon, and provides tacit support to Israel, then benefits from Catholic(ish), francophone immigrants. It's a heartwarming story, like Canadian mining companies helping the CIA trigger a race war in Guyana, giving us wonderful Guyanese cuisine, or Canada importing concentration camp guards to crush the interwar Ukrainian-Canadian left, which brought us pierogis varenyky.

They suffer and we benefit, its a win win for Canada!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cerepol posted:

i just dont like pineapple here nor sweet on a savory pizza, closest I've liked is a teensy drizzle of hot honey

a bit of balsamic on a pizza with arugula is pretty good but otherwise i agree

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

pineapple on pizza is an abomination for gross idiots without taste nor scruples

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

pineapple on pizza is an abomination for gross idiots without taste nor scruples

no

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

not doing this derail

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Cerepol posted:

this was wild to learn about more recently as i had heard the stories from my family about the riots and race war, it helps explain (not excuse) some of the poo poo they say regarding other races

Yeah, once you encounter the antipathy towards black people, you won't soon forget it.

The fact that Canada was deeply involved, of course, is disheartening, as always.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

So have we expelled Israel's ambassador for murdering a Canadian citizen and attacking a Canadian embassy yet or nah?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

COPE 27 posted:

So have we expelled Israel's ambassador for murdering a Canadian citizen and attacking a Canadian embassy yet or nah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sKLwvLGbzM

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

COPE 27 posted:

pretty sure they killed some Major or other officer in the Heights and we didn't do poo poo, we pulled out.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Virtual Russian posted:

pretty sure they killed some Major or other officer in the Heights and we didn't do poo poo, we pulled out.

Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/maxfawcett/status/1775908684071403886?t=m4N8zidvhwUn2C-PJGKQDw&s=19

Underfund universities. Universities pull in more international students at inflated tuitions to keep schools afloat. Demonize the foreigners propping up the system you've been dismantling and throw in some good old boy racism and fearmongering about other countries stealing our kids away (because they can actually get a job overseas).

It's the Ford way.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ford introducing legislation obliging university students to call their worried parents more often

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/maxfawcett/status/1775908684071403886?t=m4N8zidvhwUn2C-PJGKQDw&s=19

Underfund universities. Universities pull in more international students at inflated tuitions to keep schools afloat. Demonize the foreigners propping up the system you've been dismantling and throw in some good old boy racism and fearmongering about other countries stealing our kids away (because they can actually get a job overseas).

It's the Ford way.

I was catching up with someone today who said that the Ford government sent someone over the Queens to hint that they're going to make university funding dependant on job placement upon graduation, which will pretty much kill the liberal arts and turn the universities into vocational schools (more than they already have been since the 70's).

People were not joking about the tyranny of the petite bourgeoise.

e: I just realized this mean RMC would be eligible for the most funding in the country, since they have a 100% job placement rate with no exceptions.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Apr 4, 2024

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
are there any other fat fucks in the ford family engaging in politics?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

COPE 27 posted:

As far as I know we are in fact still committed to buying the exact same missiles used in the Israeli assassination to equip our useless NATO garrison in Estonia. 30,000 murdered innocents won't shake our resolve to support genocide one dead shmuck probably won't either

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Didn't his nephew change his last name to Ford once he got into politics lol

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Depends if you consider Rob slowly decomposing to be political.

Which I do.

And he stinks!!!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

Depends if you consider Rob slowly decomposing to be political.

Which I do.

And he stinks!!!

fair, slowly decomposing is the official conservative platform

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

CLAM DOWN posted:

I feel seen

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

His nephew Michael is in the loving cabinet as the Minister of Citizenship and Multiculturalism.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Arc Hammer posted:

His nephew Michael is in the loving cabinet as the Minister of Citizenship and Multiculturalism.

He earned that position.

lol that Ontario is governed by the Ford Fiesta Family Compact

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I saw Doug Ford Fiesta at the spa he has piano keys and music notes tattooed on his sides

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Major Paeta Hess-von Kruedener

Yep that is the one. Not much to say besides that it was obviously deliberate. I remember this well as I was on my BMQ (or maybe SQ) when it happened.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Apr 4, 2024

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

The famous chef founder José Andrés is now saying on live mainstream news that it was an obviously deliberate hit, explaining the whole they got droned, got into another clearly marked car, then got droned again and got into a third car, this last one not armoured and got killed.

It seems like a significant moment in the overall narrative? I was even reading the National Post comments to see what idiots think and half of them were like ok this has gone too far.

The other half were a mix of dirty muzzos deserve everything coming to them and this is war what do you expect?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

ARACHTION posted:

The famous chef founder José Andrés is now saying on live mainstream news that it was an obviously deliberate hit, explaining the whole they got droned, got into another clearly marked car, then got droned again and got into a third car, this last one not armoured and got killed.

It seems like a significant moment in the overall narrative? I was even reading the National Post comments to see what idiots think and half of them were like ok this has gone too far.

They ran over a photogenic, blonde, female, American college student with a loving bulldozer, and nothing happened to them.

They know they just have to ride this out.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Were these aid workers all spies, or they just happen to be vets who work for private intelligence companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

ARACHTION posted:

It seems like a significant moment in the overall narrative?

It does not to me. Israel killed these people knowing they'd get a bad news cycle out of it. Israel's works really hard to avoid bad news cycles in the western press but in this case it was a mission requirement, they wanted to clear out all the aid organizations, and all the sympathetic western eye witnesses out of the theatre. They'd need a big, direct object lesson, and it worked, WCK is out of Gaza, as are multiple other aid organizations.

No one of any importance, not Andrés, not any of the 'outraged' world leaders is saying anything about the aid that's been diverted. I appreciate Andrés is probably going through a legitimate crisis of conscious right now but no one is going to change their mind about whether or not this was an accident if they don't understand why Israel did it. Leave that part of the equation blank and the normies will just fill it with 'SNAFU'.