Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think most of us itt are burned out on tell all books and witness testimony. It can be interesting to read but ultimately you're not proving anything.

That's why the mummies being real is so important.

oh they're real
and they're horny

https://twitter.com/NazcaMummies/status/1775610471476826585?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

tridactyl...

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

wow you're telling me the project unity guy was full of poo poo. that's intrusive. that's the first time I am hearing that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ArmedZombie posted:

tridicktyl...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Marzzle posted:

but the class size was probably less than 15 people. that's where the cost is. could teach twice the number of kids with the same number of staff. gifted programs are a (comparative) moneypit for school districts that provides a decent student/teacher ratio with the justification of "the brightest children are our future" (with a disproportionate representation of middle class white boys who are good at IQ tests)

my gifted kids class was an even 50/50 split if boys and girls, and was about 30% Jewish kids lol

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Plenty of UFO books are good for people who are new to the topic and want to catch up on the history, but once you've read one you've essentially read them all. Others involve some actual historical research, like tracking down interviews with witnesses and archival stuff. But the people on the podcast circuit are definitely not dropping any bombshells via their books.

Yeah this is painfully true

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

there are no concrete answers to be found until you see one, which I gather really only answers a single question while creating many more

if you’re burned out take a break, it’ll be here when you come back

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

wow you're telling me the project unity guy was full of poo poo. that's intrusive. that's the first time I am hearing that.

/instinctively hides waffen SS eagle tattoo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sombering

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

I don't disagree with anything here but just wondering what your stance on viruses is?

Are they conscious or are they basically a piece of machinery?

Something I've seen posted in this thread;

Man discovers spirituality: everything is Spirit
Man makes watches: the universe is a clock
Man makes computers: the universe is a program

It's all of that and more

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mediaphage posted:

yeah that’s why all of these books suck and will continue to suck

idk the 40s-70s had some gems
borderline unreadable but delightful

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

The Saucer Hovers posted:

idk the 40s-70s had some gems
borderline unreadable but delightful

i mean borderline unreadable i think falls in line with my statement haha

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

even terrible writers can have a clever turn of horses tho occasionally

040324_3
Apr 3, 2024
but we still censor the dispensary + internet combo even tho everyone knows about it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

what's everyone's skull size?

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

wish this would be said by nearly anyone else in congress :/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

myers-briggs types are harry potter houses for people who believe their mbas are important

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a what character from this popular franchise are you? quiz for people whose only fandom is “up my own rear end in a top hat”

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

myers-briggs is for people who build decks that are all cheap counterspells and islands

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Squizzle posted:

myers-briggs is for people who build decks that are all cheap counterspells and islands

lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Squizzle posted:

sorry, i interrupted your post, pay 4 mana extra i
or put the post directly in discard

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

66 is my IQ
99 my hat size
i will never quit posting
or watching the skies

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

There's no way for the manner of your body breaking down as you die to be sculpted by evolutionary processes. There needs to be differential reproductive success based on the trait.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

There's no way for the manner of your body breaking down as you die to be sculpted by evolutionary processes. There needs to be differential reproductive success based on the trait.

it’s absolutely not something selected for but it could be a result of the brain trying to keep itself alive at all costs, something that you might see surfacing at younger ages

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fitzy Fitz posted:

what's everyone's skull size?

I have the bumpiest of skulls, in terms of lumps

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

I wasn't expecting that pushback on MBTI; I apologize for bringing it up and feel awful for even mentioning it. Sorry.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lackey posted:

I wasn't expecting that pushback on MBTI; I apologize for bringing it up and feel awful for even mentioning it. Sorry.

cmon its a raz youve been razzed its the most positive thread on the forums accept the razzing its something damned awful

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Saucer Hovers posted:

cmon its a raz youve been razzed its the most positive thread on the forums accept the razzing its something damned awful

yeah exactly it’s just easy and fun to razz on mbti, absolutely don’t feel bad about posting

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lackey posted:

This is such an INFP-T thing to say.

I have no idea if it is or not

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wasn't making fun of mbti I just want to compare skulls

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Lackey posted:

ah, an INTP I take it?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

those can only be future humans. it’s way too unlikely an alien from far away would have human like finger prints . or tow prints.

wait do our toes have toe prints

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Squizzle posted:

At least build a wincon beyond me getting bored and walking away into your mbti :cmon:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

euphronius posted:

those can only be future humans. it’s way too unlikely an alien from far away would have human like finger prints . or tow prints.

wait do our toes have toe prints

Yes. All parts of the human have prints.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lackey posted:

no ill will friend, apologies if it came off that way and please :justpost:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

they do

lol seeing the just so happens to be visible print lines is pretty funny. “obviously an alien guys just look at his big toe”

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wasn't making fun of mbti I just want to compare skulls

About 42069cm³

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Orbs posted:

That's right. Deeper meaning lies in the zodiac.

...T- Ted Cruz!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

Don't attack me like this. I had a winter orb too.