Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sorry but my coworker said the only reason he didn't fix world hunger is that Nancy Pelosi blocked it. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Fringe propaganda is just as addictive as ketamine. Every time you hit F5, more nefarious people are attacking your way of life.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Kale posted:

Its funny how fast he abandoned the whole "I want to make both sides unhappy" pretense of being ultra MAGA

he sure is a shithead, op

i wish to share with you this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axehK54MvPQ

i think of it every time i see your avatar :)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Newfie posted:

For sure that is the incident I was thinking about, but I also remember Musk in responding/subtweeting the UN posting more or less "Actually I didn't give them money because pedos."

Edit: Yup here is the tweet https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1454930023966773249

jesus gently caress

what a broken human being

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I hadnt logged into Twitter for a few months but checked in today and...

The feed was full of recommended posts of people fighting or attempting murder or Trump speeches, and even an Ian Miles Totally American Chong post.

I don't follow anyone and basically made the account as a placeholder before the transition to X.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Scam Likely posted:

I hadnt logged into Twitter for a few months but checked in today and...

The feed was full of recommended posts of people fighting or attempting murder or Trump speeches, and even an Ian Miles Totally American Chong post.

I don't follow anyone and basically made the account as a placeholder before the transition to X.

Yeah I haven't used twitter in many month but apparently ant boy is just insanely high up in peoples recommendeds now. I assume it's mostly just bots that reply to him. Other than elon obviously.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

More very believable metrics from your friends at X

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

almost half our users use the site!!!!

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
users on X are interacting with the UI
phenomenal

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
~search~ :cool:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
that is an insane metric

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol how is that not a joke.

I mean, purposely.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

All users? I admit I basically stopped using X, The Everything App, Actually Known As Twitter over time as the incel nazi took over but I'm still technically a user and I haven't checked my DMs for over a year because any DM on his site is inevitably a scam disguised as a Ukrainian liaison

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow, plus search??

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*clicking into the search box* "Tweets that don't suck poo poo" ah drat, 0 results again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you aren’t using it you are not a user

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

euphronius posted:

If you aren’t using it you are not a user

Technically, no bot uses Twitter.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also do most bots check DM's? If not made up number.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
An insanely juiced number because don't they delete accounts that have been inactive for 3 months or something? That means that half of all their "active" accounts are active less than once per day?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Squibbles posted:

That means that half of all their "active" accounts are active less than once per day?

Being fair, mentally, this is accurate about me on any website.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

shyduck posted:

so all that internet posting and viewing, what real world results have they done?

(going by some other current events/political posts, the real results might be more MAGA moms losing local stuff)

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

i love how the left icon is clearly ai generated, look at the gibberish text.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

2/3rds of users don't use the search feature even once per month, lmao

on the somethingawful forums

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

afen posted:

It's a screenshot mid-video, it says "hiring"

another feature everyone uses

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

afen posted:

I think it’s hiring ?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Squibbles posted:

An insanely juiced number because don't they delete accounts that have been inactive for 3 months or something? That means that half of all their "active" accounts are active less than once per day?

No, less than one per month. Also viewing a news article on cnn that has an embedded Twitter video would satisfy both the first two metrics at once, and logging in to delete the spam dm that the email reminders constantly keep bugging you about satisfies the third. The search bar metric is the only one that actually implies someone is using the Twitter site/app directly for content in the first place

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 3, 2024

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

afen posted:

goddamn that's lazy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
it's hilarious that X is pushing a "pivot to video" more than 5 years that facebook hosed essentially the entire publishing industry doing just that with inflated numbers.. Elon really can't help stealing other people's poo poo ideas.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

priznat posted:

it's hilarious that X is pushing a "pivot to video" more than 5 years that facebook hosed essentially the entire publishing industry doing just that with inflated numbers.. Elon really can't help stealing other people's poo poo ideas.

we can only pray he copies Lowtax's magnum opus

...or was it a glock?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Sentient Data posted:

No, less than one per month. Also viewing a news article on cnn that has an embedded Twitter video would satisfy both the first two metrics at once, and logging in to delete the spam dm that the email reminders constantly keep bugging you about satisfies the third. The search bar metric is the only one that actually implies someone is using the Twitter site/app directly for content in the first place

oof yeah I misread that. Assuming they are still aggressively deleting inactive accounts it seems like their numbers are going to continue to tank badly. Eventually it'll be 100% active users where it's just bots and blue checks being scammed by bots

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The jobs tool is just an aggregator of other website listings. Some of the listings on X point to job listings that had long expired

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

afen posted:

Unfortunately it's just a lovely animation

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Every month, almost 50% of all SA Forum users just post, scroll threads, and read the front page!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

there isn't even a front page anymore

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

pure evil

prepare for a thermonuclear lawsuit the second courts open

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
There's a front page?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Ghostlight posted:

No that's impossible, almost 50% of all SA Forum users read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

shyduck posted:

The jobs tool is just an aggregator of other website listings. Some of the listings on X point to job listings that had long expired

the everything app

*relies on being a parasite and its users to mirror/post stuff on X*