Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if you're really on the #hustle grindset you can't ever stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im of the opinion that brakes are the most important safety component on a car and when you go to turn them on they should work no matter what but i realize now that i type it how fuckin woke that sounds

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Joementum posted:

if you're really on the #hustle grindset you can't ever stop

#canstop
#wontstop

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Animal Teams

So few understand them

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

UFOTacoMan posted:

#canstop
#wontstop

#cantstop
#NoSeriouslyICantStopTheBrakesDontWork

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im kinda gobsmacked that EVs don't have to put on brake lights to show they're doing regenerative braking

like, yeah, manuals can engine brake but also manuals are dwindling

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

UFOTacoMan posted:

technology is amazing

so true!!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

moist turtleneck posted:

im kinda gobsmacked that EVs don't have to put on brake lights to show they're doing regenerative braking

When you release the accelerator and are braking, you don’t have a brake light going?

I only drive my friends Tesla once and didn’t realize that about when you take your foot off the pedal

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

moist turtleneck posted:

Theres a lot of automatics that can engine break. My 2010 Mazda and my 2019 work truck can both do it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
well they should do it too, the computer knows youre slowing down

elon, look into this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol the future sucks rear end

https://i.imgur.com/EeJN5zg.mp4

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Real EVs do put your brake lights on when regenerative/one pedal braking when the rate of deceleration hits a certain threshold where they are actively slowing down rather than just coasting. Regulations require it to show the brake lights if it's slowing by more than 1.3m/s².

Cybertrucks and other Teslas who knows what they do or what even they're supposed to do.

Edit: or Ioniqs I guess lmao I did have one do that to me a few weeks ago but forgot about it until that video

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i of course cant find it but I swear there was a concept car in the maybe 70s that had green taillights for acceleration and yellow lights for coasting and it kicked rear end

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
common road speed, 0 mph

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
love how easy it is to trick cars these days

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
there we go, 1970 mustang milano

"Another feature unheard of was the color-changing tail lamps that glowed green during acceleration, red when the brakes were applied, and then turned back to amber when coasting."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://x.com/salsadrunkard/status/1775593142063927374?s=46

https://x.com/salsadrunkard/status/1775595182940954858?s=46

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it’s is (very, very) funny that these things keep breaking but maybe the NHTSA should step in and stop him from being able to sell 4000+ pound vehicles without working brakes or airbags or powertains

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Still loved the car though (for five minutes)

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
whoah, DEI must be forcing Tesla to output poo poo that's not safe and doesn't work

it should be called DIE after all!

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
probably by my 3rd tesla i'll know the errors by heart, but this is my first

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the old bluechecks are backish

https://x.com/mattbinder/status/1775658908486353129?s=46

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Joementum posted:

it’s is (very, very) funny that these things keep breaking but maybe the NHTSA should step in and stop him from being able to sell 4000+ pound vehicles without working brakes or airbags or powertains

7. 7 thousand pounds

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

It would be funny if elon being a complete loon at this point was putting out bad EVs to cast doubt on them but instead its just now all being used to say he's personally a fraud and a loon

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh so it will be even either for bot nets to get blue checks. Sounds like a good plan.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You don't get that kind of value just anywhere

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This is hilarious. forcing celebrities to use your product to make rubes think they used it.

insane that anyone stays on that platform looking like they paid 8 bucks a month for a check mark

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

This is hilarious. forcing celebrities to use your product to make rubes think they used it.

insane that anyone stays on that platform looking like they paid 8 bucks a month for a check mark

If you haven't left after everything that has happened before, this isn't going to make you leave, either.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

after getting mocked by community notes, he changed "subscribers" to "followers"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Davethulhu posted:

after getting mocked by community notes, he changed "subscribers" to "followers"

Is this like the one time he's listened to community notes rather than just deleting them as fast as possible?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

dr_rat posted:

Is this like the one time he's listened to community notes rather than just deleting them as fast as possible?

yeah seems like it. under the original plan, there were like 8 total accounts that would have benefited, one of which is his.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

woke???

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

every car i have ever owned has had a hair trigger on the brake pedal that activates the brake lights before the brakes are even close to engaging, let alone actually slowing the car down.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Now that I think about it, what could exiting and re-entering the vehicle have to do with restoring the overall power systems? Is it just their way of saying turning it off and on again? Can't that be done while staying in the car? Or is this just that classic IT trick of getting the user to straighten the network cable as a way to get them to actually check it's plugged in because they'll just say they already did it otherwise?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

door.jar posted:

Now that I think about it, what could exiting and re-entering the vehicle have to do with restoring the overall power systems? Is it just their way of saying turning it off and on again? Can't that be done while staying in the car? Or is this just that classic IT trick of getting the user to straighten the network cable as a way to get them to actually check it's plugged in because they'll just say they already did it otherwise?

They wired the entire vehicle in one long rear end daisy chain so resetting arbitrary thing along the chain fixing random bullshit tracks

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah deciding canbus is worse than one wire fuckin owns

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1775526635749417258/photo/1

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol okay

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

elon and x the everything app go from strength to strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
yeah no poo poo if you password protect your website your organic traffic goes way up