Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

where do I even find this, the one time I tried to use TikTok it was just a bunch of generic stupid bullshit. I feel lied to that I can go there to find a media blast of communist content

if you hit the arrow/share button, there's an option for "not interested" -- smash that liberally on anything you're not super keen on getting more of in the first week or two.

also helps to follow a handful of people you like. a few random ones that will probably help filter-bubble you well are crutches_and_spice, court0o0, and nurse.conner. feel free to remove if they're not your thing after a while, but having them on your follow list should at least get you exposed to other people that are what you're aiming for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
god drat biden is loving senile and useless

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1775577024561848734

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

As go the pod bros…

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Favs hedging his bets again just like 2016

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
if even the podjons are fleeing you know the ship is sinking

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1775575554172805585

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUe-HcdEnzo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1775580078782718071

https://twitter.com/lindsayballant/status/1775603230791090477

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lmao

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Koishi Komeiji posted:

8 years later and she is still in agony over her loss. Like a fresh wound that never heals.

good

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Holy poo poo; that's loving brutal. And true.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/prem_thakker/status/1775623110953185669

https://twitter.com/bern_identity/status/1775637692631658851

i'm excited for biden to lose now tbqh, i'm looking forward to it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Better blame this one on a lapse in memory, because “if you’ve seen one sick brown kid, you’ve seen ’em all” is worse.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Better blame this one on a lapse in memory, because “if you’ve seen one sick brown kid, you’ve seen ’em all” is worse.

*Points to kids in cages* "We've got plenty of them here, Corn Pop!"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1775644438942859445

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Platystemon posted:

How's "obviously blowing them off" fit in there?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

This would be a relatable and human decision, which is why she'll never ever go away

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This would be a relatable and human decision, which is why she'll never ever go away

fun fact one of the creators of this comic is a Filipino person who stopped posting in 2020 for some reason :thunk:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

huh, it'll probably take some doing for him to get down on his knees to suck netanyahu off. maybe some staffers to help position them?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

huh, it'll probably take some doing for him to get down on his knees to suck netanyahu off. maybe some staffers to help position them?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

pencilhands posted:

so in november what will the democrats say is the reason russia hacked the election in 2016 then took an election off then hacked it again

We live in a post truth world: they won't even bother, just like Republicans never bothered explaining why Hillary rigged the 2016 election but didn't bother to give herself the win.

They will call you stupid for asking the question, same as when people asked why Democrats kept passing legislation expanding Trump's executive authority if he's a Russian spy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Man it's gonna be even funnier when they renew the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act again after Trump wins.

Trump is an autocrat who will use every means at his disposal to destroy democracy and usher in a brutal police state, anyway it's critical we let him spy on every American why does that bother you are you an Islamofascist terrorist or something comrade?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

drat, Lindsay

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

Man it's gonna be even funnier when they renew the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act again after Trump wins.

Trump is an autocrat who will use every means at his disposal to destroy democracy and usher in a brutal police state, anyway it's critical we let him spy on every American why does that bother you are you an Islamofascist terrorist or something comrade?

The thing that (normally, when they're not committing genocide) makes loathe the democrats is exactly this. Everything they tell me isn't just a lie, it's factually untrue obviously without examination. And then they proceed to not only become hysterical over this obviously-untrue fiction, but at the same time take actions that show that they themselves don't believe it. Every step of the way just drips with contempt for you, the moron voter, who is not only not worthy of the truth, you're not deserving of a realistic fiction, and you're absolutely too stupid to notice that you're being lied to. And they do this constantly and about everything. Inflation, Turmp's "authoritarianism", this genocide, their "defense" of minorities... or even presumably their very raison d'etre, their opposition to the other party, in every instance they tell us that what we know to be true isn't, but if it was they've fixed it, all the while they do nothing or worse actually worsen whatever it is. I hate them so much and that's before you add in the indifference to murder (although I suppose it was always murder just with more steps).

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

if even the podjons are fleeing you know the ship is sinking

Remember that the podjons, for all their faults, utterly despise Netanyahu (and Joe Lieberman as well).

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

recording of biden's call with bibi released, see full transcript below:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
good morning, polls aren't real, but also lol and lmao

https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1775602952859738115

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
lmao @ joe biden and also the democrat party

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

i can only read the quotes around Biden "outraged" as sarcasm

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ClassActionFursuit posted:

The thing that (normally, when they're not committing genocide) makes loathe the democrats is exactly this. Everything they tell me isn't just a lie, it's factually untrue obviously without examination. And then they proceed to not only become hysterical over this obviously-untrue fiction, but at the same time take actions that show that they themselves don't believe it. Every step of the way just drips with contempt for you, the moron voter, who is not only not worthy of the truth, you're not deserving of a realistic fiction, and you're absolutely too stupid to notice that you're being lied to. And they do this constantly and about everything. Inflation, Turmp's "authoritarianism", this genocide, their "defense" of minorities... or even presumably their very raison d'etre, their opposition to the other party, in every instance they tell us that what we know to be true isn't, but if it was they've fixed it, all the while they do nothing or worse actually worsen whatever it is. I hate them so much and that's before you add in the indifference to murder (although I suppose it was always murder just with more steps).

Wasn't this what the republicans did during the Bush years? I was a bit too young to understand, but it sure felt like truth didn't matter in their rhetoric

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
No, the Republicans had a coherent narrative about a clash of civilizations. They lied and it was a stupid narrative that was ahistorical but at no point was the white house press secretary saying stuff like "Hurricane Katrina didn't touch down in the US and if you look at this graph you'll see flooded housing and displaced New Orleans residents is at the lowest level since 1989"

Nor did you see the utterly incoherent "gosh we wanna so something but can't," "why would we do anything, there's no problem?" and "Actually we've done everything we can, but the US is just a lil guy" poo poo the White House is doing now on foreign policy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The way I remember it, Republicans didn't care about the truth yes, but they still acted like they believed in what they were saying.

Like, if you really believed Saddam was six months away from nuking Dallas, and the UN are all mincing pantywaists who love Saddam too much to do a real search for WMDs, then yes of course you invade, depose his government, and look for the nukes yourself. Anything less is suicide. It's just that if you showed them evidence they were wrong, they completely ignored it: "we've already decided to believe the WMDs are there, so no amount of proof will change our minds, and we're going to act on it anyway."

Meanwhile if Dems really believed everything they say about Trump then at minimum they shouldn't have been working with him to expand executive authority and the police state, and frankly if they really believe he led an insurrection, well they hanged John Brown so...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I guess the closest thing you could say is we were always going to invade Iraq and 90% chance of invading Afghanistan no matter what and the demands for the Taliban to turn over a Bin Laden or for Iraq to disarm were just theatrics.

In the same way the stories about Biden saying cusses and shaking his fist as Israel behind closed doors are theatrics, but they were implemented in very different ways.

E: yeah or you could say both operate on narratives disconnected from reality, but the Bush admin used their narrative as a justification to actually try and inact the world they wanted. The Biden admin seems to think that the narrative is the world.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Apr 4, 2024

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I think my favorite moment from the Bush era (well favorite oh my god wtf moment, favorite moment overall is of course the shoe throw) was when Colin Powell went to the UN and, among other things, claimed Saddam had a Hollywood fantasy WMD from a movie they watched.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Don't forget Scalia using the television show 24 as a justification of torture!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

ClassActionFursuit posted:

The thing that (normally, when they're not committing genocide) makes loathe the democrats is exactly this. Everything they tell me isn't just a lie, it's factually untrue obviously without examination.

Trump being both authoritarian and lazy, golfing too much, taking too many vacations is loving mind boggling.

I mean your PMC dem would prefer if Trump did his homework, stayed at his desk, and was a busy little bee enacting this “authoritarian” agenda, but these are obviously contradictory for the non Calvinists.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Coolness Averted posted:

I guess the closest thing you could say is we were always going to invade Iraq and 90% chance of invading Afghanistan no matter what and the demands for the Taliban to turn over a Bin Laden or for Iraq to disarm were just theatrics.

The Taliban offered to hand Bin Laden over immediately.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Animal-Mother posted:

The Taliban offered to hand Bin Laden over immediately.

Right, and Saddam cooperated with weapons inspections. The reason I don't think the US invasion of Afghanistan was guaranteed is because the Bush government didn't actually want to destroy Afghanistan. They wanted wars with Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah that's how you know the demands were theatrics.

Serbia also capitulated to every Austro-Hungarian demand in 1914, but the demands were for domestic consumption to convince their own population that the war was defensive, you just need to make it look like you offered the implacable enemy a way out.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Who has the video of the US general talking about the countries they wanted to knock over after Afghanistan? There were 6 or 7 iirc, including Libya and Syria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
not a video but

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2003/9/22/us-plans-to-attack-seven-muslim-states