Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

counterfeitsaint posted:

He looks like he lost his helmet and had to borrow a spare from a buddy in a different chapter.
the blood angels from that box I also posted come without their helmets on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

angry vampire face

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Average Warhammer fan

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
teeth too white

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Vampire Panties posted:

angry vampire face

Ah yes, the black rage is known to make them sneer like a six year old at school picture time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Invictus posted:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

:madmax:

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

How many space marines do you think you could fit in your mouth?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Well you see doc, I was in the shower and I slipped, I landed on a cylindrical bar of soap.. million to one shot!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Emperor does not provide dental.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
On the subject of the gamebooks, I used to have a sighed Warhammer fantasy 4th edition rulebook signed by Ian Jackson and Steve Livingstone and I gave it away when I hit the "sportswear, Lynx and rave tapes" portion of adolescence and got embarrassed.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lol they just announced that all of the Stormcast models from the launch of Age of Sigmar are getting replaced with new kits that look less embarrassing

If you want these fuckin guys, you better act quick

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Apr 4, 2024

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
The Amazon cutting off their boob thing was a myth but here we have the rare opposite, assisting a draw with the power of chest bumps

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I wish I had beefcake armor

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Gripweed posted:

lol they just announced that all of the Stormcast models from the launch of Age of Sigmar are getting replaced with new kits that look less embarrassing

So what do the new guys look like

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xun posted:

So what do the new guys look like

Old on the left, new in the center and right

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they look the same.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'm confused about this sliding scale of embarrassing for 40K models

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

they look the same.

They're taller and narrower and some of them are girls now.

The new trailer's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFvQzSwIEM

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Old on the left, new in the center and right

that looks better. Idk. Sigmar always seemed way too, idk High fantasy for my taste. like old world was never low fantasy but i always prefered holy roman empire but also litteral hell exists and ratmen below and etc. like the gods are real and help but its also less upfront. idk. sigmar misses kinda the grimdarkness silly i like and more just silly. to each their own.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that looks better. Idk. Sigmar always seemed way too, idk High fantasy for my taste. like old world was never low fantasy but i always prefered holy roman empire but also litteral hell exists and ratmen below and etc. like the gods are real and help but its also less upfront. idk. sigmar misses kinda the grimdarkness silly i like and more just silly. to each their own.

They've brought back that vibe a bit with the recent Cities of Sigmar range and the upcoming Chaos Darkoath range

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gripweed posted:

some of them are girls now.

wokehammer

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

wokehammer

your av is amazing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It was a gift

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

They've brought back that vibe a bit with the recent Cities of Sigmar range and the upcoming Chaos Darkoath range

i mean cool. idk still never clicked.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

They're taller and narrower and some of them are girls now.

The new trailer's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFvQzSwIEM

That trailer is p. sweet, and seeing a girl hit things with a hammer must make certain James Workshop fans seethe

Primaris-ing the models is a good move too

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Vampire Panties posted:

That trailer is p. sweet, and seeing a girl hit things with a hammer must make certain James Workshop fans seethe

Primaris-ing the models is a good move too

Why do they insist on having so many quick cuts in an action sequence its animation you aren't trying to hide wires and poo poo

Fantasy lady space marines (space maries?) are cool that fuckin direction sucks poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

girl space marines are unrealistic

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

when you get down to it, can space marines even be called 'male' after so much generic modification? do they even have a full dick and balls, canonically?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I assume they harvest the super-tough genitalia to make extra strong leather goods and maybe high tensile strength flexible conduits and such.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There’s a lot of grim darkness in AoS, it’s just not immediately obvious unless you get into the lore. The thing is, the Mortal Realms are inimical to human life. It rains razors in the Realm of Metal. In the Realm of Beasts, the land itself will sometimes just eat a village. In the Realm of Shadow you can walk into a shadow and never be seen again. It’s a very fun setting but it’s not as obviously entertaining as 40k and there’s no really good on ramp

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

when you get down to it, can space marines even be called 'male' after so much generic modification? do they even have a full dick and balls, canonically?

I think they're chemically or mentally castrate

Maybe not the emperors children

Still its better not to let GW authors write about sex

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

There’s a lot of grim darkness in AoS, it’s just not immediately obvious unless you get into the lore. The thing is, the Mortal Realms are inimical to human life. It rains razors in the Realm of Metal. In the Realm of Beasts, the land itself will sometimes just eat a village. In the Realm of Shadow you can walk into a shadow and never be seen again. It’s a very fun setting but it’s not as obviously entertaining as 40k and there’s no really good on ramp

yeah. i feel like there are lots of interesting ideas but it also feels to dndish mixed with like you said, no good on ramp. 40k can have issues with that too but their are a bunch of books and series that give a pretty good on ramp.

midnight77
Mar 22, 2024
i prefer warhammer fantasy, as a huge history nerd.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I liked Fantasy more as a kid, because there were more hosed-up little guys compared to 40K that, at that time, had like 8 types of chunky armour guys, Elves, but space, Chaos, but space, and Orcs, but space augmented by aforementioned Judge Dredds and Marines from Aliens. And the Aliens from Aliens, I guess. Space Hulk was cool.

Fantasy had rat dudes and ziggurat dwarves and skeletons and poo poo. Just hosed up guys galore that made sense by looking at them. 40K felt like it needed homework to explain why I couldn't paint my Space Marines pink because it's funny.

Edit: is Terminator armour still a thing? I feel I never see it.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 4, 2024

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
my favorite thing about the realm of beasts is that the continents look like they have fangs and mouths. Because they do, and are trying to eat each other.

https://i.redd.it/j16akphqmxx61.png

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I like AoS because you can be dinosaurs.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

If I go to a warhammer thing will they let me play with my Avengers funkos? I have a full set

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Sorry just thematic ones like Thor and Black Widow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

How about Thanos? He’s purple and a spaceman