Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Yeah I think the Bills did fine here, if you think about basically swapping a 1st and some late rounders for a 2nd and 4 years of top flight WR play. It's not like they got scammed out of the money, he was easily worth the 20 million/year. The only real issue is the big dead money hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

even if he's a WR3 at this point Collins/Dell/Diggs/Schultz and Mixon in the backfield is how you build around a freakin' second year QB :stare:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

The only way they pay is if cities stop approving to pay for it themselves.

Then again you could be St Louis or San Diego and have that poo poo backfire

Looks like Kansas City, Kansas has been appealing to both teams, trying to entice them across the border. I fully agree with the voters rejecting it though, the owners have the money let them loving pay. And I do not think any kind of move is imminent, at the very least I think they have until 2030 to figure something out iirc. Of course scumbag owners were already threatening to move if it wasn't extended, but I see that as more of an extortive threat than an actual plan at this point.

Alaois posted:

wait why did i say "already" i've been tired of jim harbaugh for like 10 loving years

It was easier to ignore him when he was in college because I don't really give a poo poo about college coaches. But yeah, I am already sick of him as an NFL coach which is pretty much record breaking speed.

He and the Chargers should be ashamed of putting out a bunch of rambling, embarrassing nonsense with multiple grammatical errors and trying to act like they are some incredible, insightful words to live by. You can tell it came straight from him because any social media manager would've fixed that poo poo.

I do not think his players are going to like him very much. Maybe they did in college but I don't think his shtick will play quite as well with grown men.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

How is Houston's O line? I never really got to watch them last year

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

How is Houston's O line? I never really got to watch them last year

About average I would say, definitely good enough. Their pass blocking is much better than their run blocking, and showed huge improvement last year. Stroud wouldn't have been able to do what he did without that improvement. Run blocking is significantly worse, below average easily.

Tunsil is the only real star but he's been great for them.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

He is on the arse end of his career, of being a whiny oval office wherever he goes. Stroud don't need this poo poo.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I can't see Diggs being anything more than WR3 behind Nico and a guy named TANK

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Alaois posted:

im already so fuckin tired of this dude

Yeah there is a reason why, aside from Michigan, he's had about a 3 year shelf-life as a head coach at each stop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

He is on the arse end of his career, of being a whiny oval office wherever he goes. Stroud don't need this poo poo.

you sure?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

imo the crazy commonwealth guy is right. tank is the future

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I had to guess I think Diggs will still perform like a pretty high end WR1 next year; top 10–15ish guy.

But reasonable chance that he's already properly washed or will be over the next couple years and the Texans are in a much better position to deal with that 2025 contract than the Bills were.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
P. cool Green Bay got a 1st and a 2nd for Adams when he didn't want to play there anymore

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Adams is a lot better than Diggs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol this is pretty rough

https://twitter.com/NFLNotify/status/1775545531810615466

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MakaVillian posted:

Yeah there is a reason why, aside from Michigan, he's had about a 3 year shelf-life as a head coach at each stop.

have we already gone full circle into Harbaugh was a Bad Hire now, because lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I don't think that's a regulation field.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

extremely rear end ai art

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

have we already gone full circle into Harbaugh was a Bad Hire now, because lol

homie i've been there since before it happened

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm the crutches that don't even reach the waist.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I hate AI art with a passion but I do recognize when it can generate a sensible :lol: from me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
CWABEERS

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I like how it’s the uniforms the Chargers last wore like 5 years ago when Rivers was still there and not their current set. Someone go reboot SkyNet

Play
Apr 25, 2006

fsif posted:

I'm the crutches that don't even reach the waist.

theyre for enhancing your grip strength while youre injured. if ur not strong enough you fall down and break yourself again as punishment

its a real thing my cousin told me about it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

Looks like Houston gave him four years, but at least it won't exceed 20m in cap hit in any of those years. Personally, I kind of doubt he plays out that entire contract there but we will see.
Houston didnt give him anything. Houston traded for the player and he comes with the contract that he signed with the Bills, which is a contract that will have the Texans on the hook for roughly 19m/year with zero dead cap hits if they cut him because of the way the contract was structured/written.

He signed the contract extension in 2022 when he still had 2 years on his contract... he will not play a snap for the Bills on said new contract. The Bills could have just let him play that contract out and had zero dead cap but lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Houston didnt give him anything. Houston traded for the player and he comes with the contract that he signed with the Bills, which is a contract that will have the Texans on the hook for roughly 19m/year with zero dead cap hits if they cut him because of the way the contract was structured/written.

He signed the contract extension in 2022 when he still had 2 years on his contract... he will not play a snap for the Bills on said new contract. The Bills could have just let him play that contract out and had zero dead cap but lol

oh poo poo I did not realize that. Assumed given how long it was that they gave him a deal upon trade.

What a goddamn steal, it's strange to live in a world where the Texans are fleecing teams instead of the other way around. Between the Watson trade, selecting CJ Stroud and Will Anderson and Tank Dell, and this one with Diggs, Caserio is hitting it out of the park. Probably should've won executive of the year last season but maybe they give it to him this season if things work out on the field.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cane sized crutches sounds like something… but what

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

oh poo poo I did not realize that. Assumed given how long it was that they gave him a deal upon trade.

What a goddamn steal, it's strange to live in a world where the Texans are fleecing teams instead of the other way around. Between the Watson trade, selecting CJ Stroud and Will Anderson and Tank Dell, and this one with Diggs, Caserio is hitting it out of the park. Probably should've won executive of the year last season but maybe they give it to him this season if things work out on the field.
Yeah its wild... Diggs signed the extension then seemingly immediately started rocking the boat, it was weird. There is risk the Texans paid a 2nd for a cooked diva but like others have said I think he still has some juice left in the tank and he wont be the only WR of value on the field in Houston which should benefit him a lot. On the other hand... if it doesnt work out, they at least didnt gently caress their future cap to kick the tires on a top flight WR for our lord and savior CJ Stroud

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oops, nevermind. Misread a post.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diggs is going to be 31 and he's a dickhead so I guess Texans are banking on couple years strong production in a new situation and letting him go before they give Stroud all the money.

Smart move.

Can't fault the Bills for it either.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

It's not like the Texans could get a 1st round WR or anything by trading that pick to move up and saving a bunch of cash as well. Diggs will whine like he always has.
We will see.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Play posted:

It's not a steal if he was being such a dickhead that Buffalo wanted to get rid of him, also they sent him to a potentially very dangerous playoff rival. The bears got Allen for a 4th.

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 4, 2024

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Texans overpaid for a washed locker room problem.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Fat Jesus posted:

It's not like the Texans could get a 1st round WR or anything by trading that pick to move up and saving a bunch of cash as well. Diggs will whine like he always has.
We will see.

At WORST, Diggs is WR3 behind Nico Collins and Tank Dell.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rogue Elephant posted:

It's not a steal if he was being such a dickhead that Buffalo wanted to get rid of him, also they sent him to a potentially very dangerous playoff rival. The bears got Allen for a 4th.

I think Diggs has a bit more to give still than Allen. Frankly surprised Allen is only a year older, Diggs looks quite a bit younger out there on the field. Maybe just because he's faster.

If it goes like his last teams Diggs will be fine there for a couple years, at which point the Texans will have gotten what they wanted from him and can drop him at any point without a penny of dead cap.

Keenan Allen will be 36 when he starts the last year of his contract. That's pretty drat old for a wide receiver, likely he won't even make it that far with the Bears.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I don’t remember Harbaugh having any locker room problems in SF.

Basically every coach from Pop Warner on is a fountain of weird inspirational mottos. Players don’t give a gently caress about that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

I think Diggs has a bit more to give still than Allen. Frankly surprised Allen is only a year older, Diggs looks quite a bit younger out there on the field. Maybe just because he's faster.

If it goes like his last teams Diggs will be fine there for a couple years, at which point the Texans will have gotten what they wanted from him and can drop him at any point without a penny of dead cap.

Keenan Allen will be 36 when he starts the last year of his contract. That's pretty drat old for a wide receiver, likely he won't even make it that far with the Bears.

I know receivers traditionally have that drop off but guys who aren't known for being super twitchy do have a longer tail to their careers. Guys like Derrick Mason and Larry Fitzgerald were pretty successful for a few years

Mason for example:
2007 (33 years old) - 1087 yards
2008 (34 years old) - 1036 yards
2009 (35 years old) - 1028 yards

I think he (Allen) is probably going to be a good bloke to have in the receiver room just in terms of craft too but I haven't heard much about his attitude in terms of tutoring and mentoring because its often cited and just as often the vets don't give a gently caress about helping their competition.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

At WORST, Diggs is WR3 behind Nico Collins and Tank Dell.

A lot of old wrs have gone through the afcs that's absolutely not the worst case lol

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's not like Allen's game has ever depended on top-tier athleticism in the first place. He's probably got at least one or two productive seasons left in him, and having a savvy vet security blanket guy will probably be extremely valuable for Caleb at the start of his career.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
WTF

https://x.com/AndrewMarchand/status/1775865463773212861?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Surprised he didn’t hear about it well in advance