Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

AnoHito posted:

255 makes more sense to me, given their apocalypse was caused by a tech issue

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Bartender - First ep seems good so far. I do like learning about bartending stuff despite not being as much of a drinker so this appeals to me, even if it's a pretty slower paced sort of drama.

This is kinda lmao though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Bartender - First ep seems good so far. I do like learning about bartending stuff despite not being as much of a drinker so this appeals to me, even if it's a pretty slower paced sort of drama.

This is kinda lmao though

i am completely okay with it occasionally taking itself so seriously it loops back around to being funny

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I am ready for the Train numerology theory wars.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

i am completely okay with it occasionally taking itself so seriously it loops back around to being funny
firefighter daigo has too much recap and is pretty banal but occasionally it busts out an amazing bit like 'did you know the tools firefighters use, are similar to the ones ninjas used' and a guy rescuing two women so he just, starts talking about the one woman he knows, to try and relate to them, and this is presented as proof that hes cut out to be a firefighter and not incredibly lame

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the bartender using his godlike sherlock holmes powers of perception to make the perfect refreshing highball while uplifting music plays was very funny. also liked the banter between the two women in the office and their boss. kind of curious if it keeps focus on the hotel cardinal crew or turns into something episodic with a focus on patrons.

seems fun, looking forward to more.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sad to see the ReMonster OP take up all the air this week when stuff like this is out there going uncommented on.

https://files.catbox.moe/2hbevt.mp4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some OP likes the Ocarina of Time flypast

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

haypliss posted:

Sad to see the ReMonster OP take up all the air this week when stuff like this is out there going uncommented on.

The last frame being The One loving City is so good, perfect punchline

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

haypliss posted:

poo poo making me feel like I'm on Soarin' at Epcot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is that meant to be a parody or something? It just seems pretty generic with excessive camera swooping.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

no i think it's just, generic

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is that meant to be a parody or something? It just seems pretty generic with excessive camera swooping.

I don't think it's wholly earnest, but it's also something they only did/can do because the show is using Unreal for the backgrounds.

Fullfrontal did a production thread that is what made me bother to check out the episode: https://twitter.com/fufuro_moe/status/1775385632208298156

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just because you can doesnt mean you should!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Bartender also a remake. Thought it was gonna be continuation.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Just because you can doesnt mean you should!

You could say this of the entire thing. Was interesting through the lens of that thread but I can't imagine watching more.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Arc Hammer posted:

Some OP likes the Ocarina of Time flypast

It really does feel like an HD remaster of an N64 game, huh? Although my first thought was Mario 64.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

it shall be done at some point tonight

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057865

added to the OP too

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Clarste posted:

It really does feel like an HD remaster of an N64 game, huh? Although my first thought was Mario 64.

All of the other rendered environments in the rest of the episode are fine, I guess they had to drop the poly count way way down to render that swooping shot which circled through the entire city because it's much shittier than all the other shots which only show a few buildings or a single location
It was an odd choice to open the episode with that crappy shot immediately after the opening credits

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Banished Former Hero: Is that Takehito Koyasu as the evil dad of the MC? Okay, now that’s 10/10 anime. Nah, just kidding. That anime is lame. All the cliches are there: Reincarnated MC, MC who is looked down upon who is secretly having OP ability, MC downplaying his OP ability to have a peaceful life, and many more. And then factor in the writing quality and the animation as well. Even Mr. Koyasu himself feels like he’s just reading the script instead of voice acting. At least it’s a decent time waster? The only positive aspect I could think of is the hero’s design (not the MC mind you), and the elf blacksmith, which is a nice subversion of the usual character stereotype.

Studio Apartment Angel: One look at it and you realise it's a wish fulfilment anime. I mean, what kind of boy doesn't want to have a cute and nice girl living with them? Buying living expenses for 2 persons with a part time salary will put a dent on your saving account though.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Synthbuttrange posted:

I don't know if it's a parody, but it is very silly (intentionally [I think?])

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread :toot:

quote:

Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? (Train to the End of the World)
EMT Squared | Tsutomu Mizushima | Michiko Yokote | ... | Original | Apr 1, 2024
A certain town in the suburbs. This was not an ordinary countryside town that you could find anywhere. The residents were experiencing a strange phenomenon. But even so, Shizuru Chikura held a strong desire. She wanted to see her missing friends again! Shizuru and her friends venture out into the world outside, taking an abandoned and motionless train, not knowing if they will make it back alive. What awaits them at the last stop of this running doomsday train?
PV
Thread

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

deimos posted:

I caught that too, but then thought "why months?"

Maybe because it started from a gently caress-up in a new telecommunications system and mobile phone contracts are monthly? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Studio Apartment Angel: One look at it and you realise it's a wish fulfilment anime. I mean, what kind of boy doesn't want to have a cute and nice girl living with them? Buying living expenses for 2 persons with a part time salary will put a dent on your saving account though.

Like I said before, it's Senko-San, angel edition.

As for that swooping video around the castle... :barf:

Doodles fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 4, 2024

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Doodles posted:

Like I said before, it's Senko-San, angel edition.

I don't remember Senko-san having undressing scenes, though.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I was surprised a show would have it's episode one Sherlock Holmes character reveal to be using old ice from the back of the freezer.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Henjin no Salad Bowl: Pretty good first episode. Fantasy princess gets reverse isekai'd to present-day Japan, and ends up working with a small-time private detective. Nothing amazing comedy-wise, but good energy and solid animation. Catchy OP, too.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
"Salad Bowl" is okay. Generic. Average. Not going to use a three-letter word here. If it came on the TV while I was having supper I'd let it play.

nielsm posted:

I don't remember Senko-san having undressing scenes, though.

That's the only other thing distinguishing it besides swapping the tail and ears for wings.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Salad Bowl time.
Pretty fun first episode. Some of the beats remind me of Maou-sama is a Part-Timer. And the cast will probably keep growing.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 5, 2024

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I kind of liked the first half where the MC is just fully "Nope, this girls is clearly insane, even if she is cute".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wind Breaker had some above-average fight animation. not familiar with the source material but I'll give it a chance

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

AnoHito posted:

255 makes more sense to me, given their apocalypse was caused by a tech issue

Extreme pedantry forces me to point out that the integer would flip at 256.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Was a bit worried New studio wouldn't nail the Yurucamp vibe but no they nailed it. Glad comfy camping is back

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

salad bowl: bad, despite having several dumb gags made for me. comedy wasn't good enough to make up for the vibe that they'd keep inventing reasons to make the girls undress

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

thursday has both new yurucamp and new d&d

yurucamp new season seems much more compelling than S2

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

haypliss posted:

looks like the castle flythrough of unreal 1

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Good to know.

Elf Bride ep1 boring, and the character designs look terrible. Dropped

A Condition Called Love ep1, reminds me of Skip and Loafer, will keep at it.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 5, 2024

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sindai posted:

Wind Breaker had some above-average fight animation. not familiar with the source material but I'll give it a chance

WB was a pleasant surprise.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
salad bowl is same author as sisters all you need and haganai so i wouldnt expect it to be amazing tbh

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Sindai posted:

I thought I'd like this well enough, not a ton, but I'd watch it anyway because my partner loves delinquents. It turns out that I really enjoyed the first ep. I think it'll be real predictable and pretty straightforward but if the animation and character design keeps up it'll be a lot of fun. There were some rad fight moments with plenty of visceral fist-face connection sound effects.

Re Yuru Camp, I caught up on the first season and liked it a lot and I'm just starting the second season. My understanding is that it wasn't well liked and was even quite controversial - can anyone fill me in? I guess there's a movie too. Should I skip the second season or just be prepared for a drop in quality or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

pork never goes bad posted:

Re Yuru Camp, I caught up on the first season and liked it a lot and I'm just starting the second season. My understanding is that it wasn't well liked and was even quite controversial - can anyone fill me in? I guess there's a movie too. Should I skip the second season or just be prepared for a drop in quality or something else?

Just start watching it until you lose interest, then just watch the movie (optional but it’s very good) or just start s3.

Nothing particularly bad about S2, just that it’s not as interesting. it felt more like a tourism board promotion than a camping enthusiast show. It’s still worth watching the first few eps of S2 so that important characters are introduced that may appear in S3.