Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fox being disengaged many games has really hurt the Kings but that’s also largely because the teams depth, which was Montes only offseason selling point, has been garbo. Monk has been huge but will still have a stinker game, Huerter thinks he’s still playing in the first round against the Warriors, I have no idea what to expect from Barnes anymore, Keegan is a complete yo-yo offensively, Duarte is doo doo, and Sasha can’t stay on the floor for various reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

It’s good. Probably could have been double the size if they wanted because there is a lot of throwback stuff happening.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Bucks are a way better offensive team this year, though they've dipped a bit since the all-star break. A lot of that is Dame even if he's been up and down.

Their defense has been bad (but decent since the break), and Dame being really far away from Jrue is part of that.

but he's scoring less on much worse efficiency than before, and having clearly his worst non-injury season in the last 5 or 6 years easily, maybe since he was a rookie. he went from a guy who was regularly putting up a ts add of 150+ to 31 so far this year.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

LeBron James drops 40 points with career best 3-point shooting performance to lead Lakers past Nets
https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-drops-40-points-with-career-best-3-point-shooting-performance-to-lead-lakers-past-nets-002729206.html

9 3PM for a 39 year old is :eyepop:.

DC Murderverse posted:

https://x.com/sportico/status/1773806291288265195?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

God glen taylor is such a poo poo

He’s trying to play “draw the blinds turn off the lights until they leave” with guys who still own a minority share of the loving team

This reminds me of when Katy Perry bought a house from the owner of 1-800-Flowers only for him to attempt to cancel the deal because he was on painkillers at the time of signing the contract.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Holding Gary Trent out for REST yesterday is one of the most blatant tanking moves in a long time and is very funny to me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Rick posted:

Holding Gary Trent out for REST yesterday is one of the most blatant tanking moves in a long time and is very funny to me.

And now Olynyk tonight.

I'd like to amend my statement from a week or so ago where I said they weren't blatantly tanking. At this point they absolutely are. The funny thing is that even if they stay below Memphis and finish with the 6th worst record in the league, there's still a 55% chance they lose the pick.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Gobias Ind. posted:

And now Olynyk tonight.

I'd like to amend my statement from a week or so ago where I said they weren't blatantly tanking. At this point they absolutely are. The funny thing is that even if they stay below Memphis and finish with the 6th worst record in the league, there's still a 55% chance they lose the pick.

Is it some kind of deal where if the pick doesn't convey this year is becomes second rounders or something? I don't know why they wouldn't want to convey it in a draft as widely regarded as trash as this one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zogo posted:

LeBron James drops 40 points with career best 3-point shooting performance to lead Lakers past Nets
https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-drops-40-points-with-career-best-3-point-shooting-performance-to-lead-lakers-past-nets-002729206.html

9 3PM for a 39 year old is :eyepop:.

Gangtag me that please

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Clifford looking like a broken man here

https://x.com/hornetsonbally/status/1775657774044594556?s=46

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

mdemone posted:

Gangtag me that please

A cautionary tale about the dangers of prioritizing 40 year old tyrants in CBA negotiations, leading to the death of 61,000,000,000 people

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I like him as a coach and always thought he got kind of a bad rap from fans with higher expectations for their team than reality. Most of the time.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

And now Olynyk tonight.

Lol holding out our only competent ish big man against the Wolves

Time to watch other teams/baseball

Edit: Also yes the is top 6 protected this year and next then becomes two seconds in 2026. I don't see why we're not trying to convey the pick - the only way you wouldn't is if you wanted to do some Bulls esque poo poo and go all out for the play in next year. There's some people with rose tinted glasses who think we'll be competitive next year which uh

Isentropy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 4, 2024

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh, so that's why the Hornets kept hiring him

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

I like him as a coach and always thought he got kind of a bad rap from fans with higher expectations for their team than reality. Most of the time.

He was pretty well-liked with the Hornets during both stints, the biggest knock from Reddit types being that he didn’t play young guys. That argument usually involved ignoring all the young guys he did play and how the ones that stayed glued to the bench rarely turned out to be any good

The biggest exception was Malik Monk, but if you read between the lines of a lot of public comments I think even Monk has admitted he needed to flame out in Charlotte before he could get his poo poo together.

Orlando I can’t really speak to but it definitely seems like he helped juice the value of Gordon /Vucevic / Fournier enough to leave that franchise in a much better place than when he got there

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The playoffs are going to be madness this season.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It might come down to the last day to know who is playing who out west like wild swings between 1-3 and 4-6 and 7-10.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1775677188291067989?s=20

Magic's pivot to video.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

Red Rox posted:

It might come down to the last day to know who is playing who out west like wild swings between 1-3 and 4-6 and 7-10.

East 4-8 is shaping up to be very close, philly pretty much needs to win tomrrow @ miami though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What is a Johnny Davis, why was he picked so high

pizzaclown
Oct 17, 2012

Isentropy posted:

Lol holding out our only competent ish big man against the Wolves

Time to watch other teams/baseball

Edit: Also yes the is top 6 protected this year and next then becomes two seconds in 2026. I don't see why we're not trying to convey the pick - the only way you wouldn't is if you wanted to do some Bulls esque poo poo and go all out for the play in next year. There's some people with rose tinted glasses who think we'll be competitive next year which uh

The Raptors are gonna be loving atrocious next year and my guess is that if the pick doesn't convey this year, they're gonna try and avoid conveying next year too.

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
I think the Raptors expect to be mediocre next year except with a young core under contract instead of an old core of pending free agents. That seems reasonable to me.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raptors would be better if they held onto stone cold scorers like Malachi Flynn and Dalano Banton.
Just kidding, they'd still be terrible!

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.

BWV posted:

Raptors would be better if they held onto stone cold scorers like Malachi Flynn and Dalano Banton.
Just kidding, they'd still be terrible!

There's a weird bug in the box score where it says Flynn scored 50 and someone typed their password into where the starting small forward's name should be.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
e: accidental post

Go celtics.

Also apparently they clinched homecourt in the entire playoffs tonight. Get ready for some serious Xavier Tillman and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk minutes.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 4, 2024

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

e: accidental post

Go celtics.

Also apparently they clinched homecourt in the entire playoffs tonight. Get ready for some serious Xavier Tillman and Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk minutes.

yah it’s good. 60 wins ftw!

also chet looked like a baby out there today

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I think the Celtics are gonna stroll through. Bastards. Denver will probably give them a tough battle but they’ll be banged up after a long season last year and getting out of the west this year.

Sometimes everything just goes your way - the perfect combination of preparation and luck.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Red Rox posted:

I think the Celtics are gonna stroll through. Bastards. Denver will probably give them a tough battle but they’ll be banged up after a long season last year and getting out of the west this year.

Sometimes everything just goes your way - the perfect combination of preparation and luck.

:golfclap: Great jinx post :golfclap:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
i'm in a bad mood right now, but gently caress the pels. i'm mad and disappointed in them.

gently caress these refs for making a bad night even worse.

lmao the refs just threw out herb, trey, and dyson with less than 8 seconds left in a double-digit game

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

anakha posted:

:golfclap: Great jinx post :golfclap:

I’m tryin man

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers with the third best record in the league since the All Star Break.

They went down a seed.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol at the bucks losing to the wizards and grizzlies back to back

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

slave to my cravings posted:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Northwest Division Supremacy

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Kibner posted:

i'm in a bad mood right now, but gently caress the pels. i'm mad and disappointed in them.

gently caress these refs for making a bad night even worse.

lmao the refs just threw out herb, trey, and dyson with less than 8 seconds left in a double-digit game

glad i decided not to watch the game lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Seriously wtf

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lmao at the refs. they called this traveling on suggs?

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1775709202268226031

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

If the wizards and grizzlies combined, they would be called the "wizzlies." Something to think about. They might also be called the "grizards", which is something to think about in addition to the first thing

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

gizzards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Malachi flynn scoring 50 is turning me into a nobody plays defense anymore guy