Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If they really wanna buff Stasis and let it be on almost-equal-footing with the rest of the kit, they just have to do two things

1. take the 3 Aspects that create Stasis Shards
2. turn 'em into Fragments

badabing badaboom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just make stasis shards an inherent part of the subclass, no fragment required.

Also I will say that altho the Solar artifact perks are definitely the bee's knees this season, the Stasis perks are pretty goddamn phenomenal. Like Stasis has some pretty effective crowd control now thanks to them, and I'll be pissed when they get taken away, and not added to Stasis as fragments or something.

Spawning crystals freezes nearby enemies, but also shattering them (and frozen enemies) slows nearby enemies. Which then slows and freezes enemies, repeating the process. Add in the "shatter crystals make grenade regen go off" and the extra shatter damage fragment (plus the artifact extra shatter damage lol) makes things go woooooo.

So yeah, I've been playing Stasis a tonne this season, especially since you can have a Solar gun on you to proc all those goodies like Radiant too, it's pretty sweet.

So when it gets taken away Stasis is gonna feel *even worse than before* and that sucks.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
If the Hypernet Current strike comes up in Vanguard Ops and I play it there does it count towards the campaign progress?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still think it's very funny that Bungie insisted that stasis is entropy themed and not ice themed and then introduced it in the Snow Palace and half the exotics are covered in ice or literally called Hoarfrost and Icefall

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They just wanted to explain why they weren't making Coldheart stasis, if you ask me

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Basically the main reason everyone kept Wicked Implement around is because Bungie promised Stasis buffs and artifact mods were coming. Then the artifact mods got outshone by the Solar ones in their own season and it’s been five months since they promised the buffs and they’re still not out.

The Stasis artifact mods are really good though

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Finn posted:

If the Hypernet Current strike comes up in Vanguard Ops and I play it there does it count towards the campaign progress?
If I remember correctly the Hypernet Current you play during the campaign is different from the one you get from the strike playlist so probably not.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They just wanted to explain why they weren't making Coldheart stasis, if you ask me
They should really give it a catalyst that makes it do some kind of stasis thing, it is funny how it's a cold themed arc gun that just does not interact at all with the cold subclass.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Finn posted:

From my experience it doesn't

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I was dragging my Warlock through the LF campaign during the Guardian Games and when Hypernet was the competitive nightfall it counted for that step.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I still think it's very funny that Bungie insisted that stasis is entropy themed and not ice themed and then introduced it in the Snow Palace and half the exotics are covered in ice or literally called Hoarfrost and Icefall

I think it's more that it's clarifying it's "space magic ice" and not "cold water" in a similar way Solar has aspects of "nuclear fusion" and is more then just like "wizard fireball"?

I also think/like to think Stasis being a very ice-centric thing is a lot on guardians just Being That Way.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

They need to have an explanation for the Warlocks and one for the Titans. That's why you get the dichotomy of those two looks at Stasis.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pirate Jet posted:

Basically the main reason everyone kept Wicked Implement around is because Bungie promised Stasis buffs and artifact mods were coming. Then the artifact mods got outshone by the Solar ones in their own season and it’s been five months since they promised the buffs and they’re still not out.

The Stasis artifact mods this season are extremely powerful. Any weapon with Headstone (including Wicked Implement!) can turn one precision kill into a gigantic bomb. The solar stuff can do that too, but there's still really really strong stuff you can do with Stasis that you can't do with Solar.

syntaxfunction posted:

Just make stasis shards an inherent part of the subclass, no fragment required.

Lesse here.

Tangles - Spawn from any enemy that had a Strand debuff on it when it died. Is a little bomb that does AoE damage and has all kinds of interactions through Aspects. But it has a long cooldown.
Firesprites - Spawn via fragments. Gives grenade energy. Short cooldown.
Void Breeches - Spawn via fragments. Gives class energy. Short cooldown.
Ionic Trace - Spawns via fragments (plus aspect if you're a Warlock). Gives a little of everything, no cooldown, multiples can be spawned at once, actively tracks to you.
Stasis Shards - Spawn via aspect. Gives melee energy. No cooldown, multiples can be spawned at once. Tracks to you under certain conditions (one fragment plus Wicked Implement).

I know Stasis is underpowered as a whole but I think Firesprites and Void Breeches are pretty undercooked as a part of their kit as well. I dunno how you square all of this but I do think Ionic Traces are the most fun to play with. And I appreciate how they're usable by every class, but it's part of Warlock's identity that they're the masters of Ionic Traces through their aspect and their exotics. Maybe each class should be allowed to be the master of a specific elemental pick-up, except Tangles, which feel like they're in a good place in the sandbox as is.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just nerf shards to only give 1% energy then, bingo bungo, simple as. Now no one can be happy, true compromise.

Edit: Traces are cool because they come to you and also they make you zoom and that is very cool.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I made the number go from 6 to 7. That was cool.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
If you use the Salute emote at someone who leveled up in the Tower you’ll get the Celebration Companion buff. It’s the same movement as the level up buff but you sparkle silver instead of gold.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sunday at work posted:

If you use the Salute emote at someone who leveled up in the Tower you’ll get the Celebration Companion buff. It’s the same movement as the level up buff but you sparkle silver instead of gold.

It works with any emote so feel free to hat wobble them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It also increases your jump height, and stacks with the jump height increase from the floor is lava easter egg

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

You can use either to get out of bounds, and you can use both to REALLY get out of bounds.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
That's neat. Something I didn't realize until recently was that if you're 11 you can go to the tree at any time to be sparkly.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hackan Slash posted:

That's neat. Something I didn't realize until recently was that if you're 11 you can go to the tree at any time to be sparkly.

i might need to hit 11 again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah my reward for soloing Warlord's Ruin is that I get to be super jump guy whenever I want. :v:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
a friend pointed out to me recently that every instance of the tower has a "Days since last accident" counter in the hangar that actually works, and resets whenever a guardian falls off the tower.

When we went looking it went from 1 to 0 as we watched.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

a friend pointed out to me recently that every instance of the tower has a "Days since last accident" counter in the hangar that actually works, and resets whenever a guardian falls off the tower.

When we went looking it went from 1 to 0 as we watched.

lol I gotta check this out

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I accidentally deleted a god roll pair of boots I used in 80% of my builds.

gently caress.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
heh I did the same thing (chest armor) a few weeks ago. I'll just use my 396 seasonal engrams to reroll up a new one.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Finster Dexter posted:

heh I did the same thing (chest armor) a few weeks ago. I'll just use my 396 seasonal engrams to reroll up a new one.

:hmmyes:

I totally forgot about that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mesadoram posted:

I accidentally deleted a god roll pair of boots I used in 80% of my builds.

gently caress.

Skill issue

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smith:

100% true.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I've rediscovered the fun of Monte Carlo + Athrys's and bouncing heavy knives at weird angles

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Final Shape twitch stream is starting!

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So instead of a new subclass you just mix all the existing ones. That's pretty cool.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Destiny 2: The Coca Cola Freestyle™️ of Video Games

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Custom exotic class items, described by a dev as “a little broken” lmao

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Final Shape twitch stream is starting!

The final shape is... Is...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
New enemies look :krad:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I said I would buy the final shape if they added a new subclass or a new enemy faction.

And they did both. I'm sold. You used that delay time well, Bungie.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
can't wait to consecrate into strand suspend while going invisible and throwing a stasis nade?..... christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
It's not Joever gamers