Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I think they broke hulk flamethrower damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did the patch alter the arc caster so you need to fully charge it before firing?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The new dominator seems good. On burst mode it ploughs through Devastators.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Fate Accomplice posted:

there's a nonzero number of idiots on r/helldivers claiming they'll kick anyone wearing this cape for disrespecting the heroes of malevolon creek

I wish you could namechange. I'd change myself to average creek enjoyer, pick fights with every patrol and never leave.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The Kingfish posted:

I think they broke hulk flamethrower damage.

do they no longer instantly kill you?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

do they no longer instantly kill you?

Helldiver-:burger:, it's the BBQ they have after you fail a mission

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Re. recoilless rifle, just drop two backpacks imo

re. railgun, give it a better sight

I don't think they should have made charger heads the weak point. i think chargers are meant to make the game more complex but if you can just get them in the head they're not complex at all. If you had to dodge them once and hit them in the bum that's a decent amount of difficulty considering there's a lot of other things going on

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Really enjoy the symbolism of creekers willingly wearing a target on their back

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Dominator is awesome yeah.

Im loving Hulk-hunting with the arc thrower. I assume its going to be nerfed though and not stun them. Its a shame, it def puts you at risk to do it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Arc Hammer posted:

Did the patch alter the arc caster so you need to fully charge it before firing?

Yes, in exchange for a lot more stagger and shorter range. It can stun lock Hulks now.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Is it just me or does blood and guts just never come off if you're wearing the creek cape? I'm probably just imagining it, but filth won't come off in water and even on the ship I'm still all icky. Only changing my gear resets it.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

LazyMaybe posted:

That's what shows up when you get this:

Nice looks like that'll perfectly match the light 2 grenade armor up in the store right now that I grabbed.

e: The red is a little off but its pretty close.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 4, 2024

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Apple Craft posted:

Is it just me or does blood and guts just never come off if you're wearing the creek cape? I'm probably just imagining it, but filth won't come off in water and even on the ship I'm still all icky. Only changing my gear resets it.

That's all cape and armor now. You don't get cleaned when returning to the ship anymore.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Apologies to my team for staying behind a bit. I just had to take this fire screenshot.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

TheDemon posted:

That's all cape and armor now. You don't get cleaned when returning to the ship anymore.

the plumbing broke on pelican 1

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
500kg still goated for bugs, 2 chargers for 1 strat :swoon: ( they bled out )

https://i.imgur.com/p8MZtq6.mp4

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

lmao, I didn't even realize it has a burst mode

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Apple Craft posted:

What even is the stuff you get covered in on bot missions? Some kind of red robot oil?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
There's obviously some outliers, but I think the majority of the stratagems and guns are in a pretty good place right now. It doesn't feel like there's one best loadout for anything. Like if I get bored of Quasar, shield and scorcher, taking autocannon, sickle and more big bombs feels just as good in a different way. They have a very solid base game now, I can't wait to see what it's gonna be like in 6 months. I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

What even is the stuff you get covered in on bot missions? Some kind of red robot oil?

I thought it was my own blood, and judging by the amount all over my armor and the many Stims I've pumped, my helldiver is like 75% democratically alive.

Did they up the skybox visuals or am I just now noticing that you can see other ICBM explosions in the distance on heavily contested planets?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I am.very ready for the buggy.

Also the pink pastel jungle is my favorite planet so far.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
https://youtu.be/xw-ent-tI5w?si=yImElyEuEQ1Rhq-P

I showed my wife this and she still won't let me get a flagpole and a super earth flag to hang from it. How do I convince my wife that managed democracy is the only thing that matters

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 4, 2024

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BlackIronHeart posted:

The solution to this issue is that the Diver with the team reloadable weapon drops their backpack, you drop your backpack if you have one, and you pick up their backpack. Voila, you are now team loading without having to duplicate support weapons.

Now the RR has no ammo and can't actually shoot at all unless the guy who can't use the ammo runs over to the RR. So you either have the choice of an RR that works when you need it or an RR that doesn't work at all unless your buddy is right next to you.

What they actually need to do is drop two backpacks. Then people could buddy load without the RR player having to sacrifice their heavy weapon ammo for the very niche moment of buddy loading.

Or just fix it so you can buddy load off the shooter's backpack like everyone is saying.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Nobody is going to want to take that second backpack. And it's not true that the RR user sans backpack wouldn't be able to shoot without their buddy, rather they'd need to find them to reload at some point between shots. (Which is also not great even before considering targets that take multiple shots, and it is true that you should be able to assisted reload when the shooter is wearing the backpack.)

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 4, 2024

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LazyMaybe posted:

Nobody is going to want to take that second backpack.

I would. Sometimes I like turret+orbital+support weapon. Leaves my backpack slot free.

Whether I would actually be in position to reload the gunner is a different question

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

they should make it so your team mates can reload you by taking ammo from your backpack.

arc thrower now seems less fun to use. the quick fire thing was really nice once you got it down. dominator is OK but turns sooo slowly it's just not worth it imo. the breaker incendiary will probably be really good once they fix the host-only dot bug (which will probably be like in 3 months' time)

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Still waiting for the upgrade for no-delay emplacements to function at all

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They want to have crew served weapons in this game, but there are few situations in which two helldivers making one weapon faster in one place is better than them doing two separate things.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

What's the most efficient way to earn medals? I want to finish up this set of weapons before the next warbond lands and rumour is it's on the 11th.

Get some friends together and do the highest difficulty you can without struggling. Ignore the optional stuff and just do the main objectives as fast as you can. Extraction is optional since a completion counts regardless. Try to do all 3 missions in a campaign for the medal bonus.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Game crashing for everyone after every mission this morning. They need to fix this poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Works fine for me :shrug:

I hope that the third faction of aliens shows up and kicks our asses and pushes the fronts inwards to more developed planets, so we can get some (sub)urban fighting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I'm guessing this "prologue" campaign is going to end with the third faction showing up and an impossible defense of Super Earth to rile everyone up for the first real war.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Game keeps crashing on victory. Once had a mission where no patrols spawned.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I've had a few odd crashes. Usually a chain reaction, where each player drops out and then my game follows along eventually.

Twice tonight we had the drop ship on a blitz machine... desync? Sort of? Would appear to get damaged (smoking, on fire) and sink into the terrain a bit and not recognize players entering it (if they even could). On the second occasion we just sat around playing high stakes rock paper scissors (loser gets shot in the head) while we waited for the timer to run out. :v:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Major order is to eliminate all robots

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

ponzicar posted:

They want to have crew served weapons in this game, but there are few situations in which two helldivers making one weapon faster in one place is better than them doing two separate things.

Get some friends together and do the highest difficulty you can without struggling. Ignore the optional stuff and just do the main objectives as fast as you can. Extraction is optional since a completion counts regardless. Try to do all 3 missions in a campaign for the medal bonus.

ignore the sub objectives but you absolutely need to open drop pods and bunkers etc. an individual in-game medal box can have up to 3 medals in it, and a bunker can hold up to 3 of them

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Playing against robots is fantastic now that rocket devastators don't one hit any more, it is a good day to spread democracy

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Arrowhead is really hit or miss on balancing so far. Their justification for nerfing the Slugger (that it acted as the best sniper) really goes to show that they are not committed to making this game more like BC2 (where the slug shotgun was insanely good at long range sniping).

Feel like they should make literally any of the sniper type options better and let the slug shotgun slug. Like the advantage of a sniper should be increased damage/ROF/range

I think its pretty obvious why they got rid of the stagger on the slugger, they just don't seem to be communicating it well.

It had decent firerate, accuracy, and pretty manageable recoil compared to other long range big damage primaries. You could chain stagger a lot of medium enemies with it from pretty far away. Even if you weren't using it for that, being able to miss a headshot on a devastator with almost 0 penalty thanks to the stagger is a little much.

The JAR does the same thing the slugger did, but just with the drawbacks a weapon like that should have.

Now if they got rid of stagger on the punisher...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You pretty much nailed it. From the dev who talks on discord:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"The liberator of the shotgun world" loving ouch.

On that note, what is the Defender of the shotgun world? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lol that's three times i've been winding up to throw a 380mm barrage and i got hit and dropped it RUN JUST loving RUN