Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lamont posted:

smh can't believe magneto didn't say WELCOME TO DIE

Considering it was an episode about 16-bit X-Men video games and Mojo, I'm disappointed there was no mention of "RESET THE COMPUTER!"

Did like how the cartridge was basically X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Wait, they did an episiode trapping X-Men in an arcade (I haven't watched today's ep yet) and didn't actually use Arcade as the villain?

I think I'm actually more intrigued to see how/why.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Doronin posted:

Wait, they did an episiode trapping X-Men in an arcade (I haven't watched today's ep yet) and didn't actually use Arcade as the villain?

I think I'm actually more intrigued to see how/why.

Well, half an episode. And not many X-Men. But yes.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1775630029147255129?s=20

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Pinterest Mom posted:

The opening credits have been changing up every week. This week, the new clips I spotted were of Mojo, Forge, and Xavier+Hellfire club.

This reminds me, the Hellfire Club is just known as the Inner Circle in the animated series.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thrawn527 posted:

If they put a romance between Galactus and loving Surfer l m a o

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sandwolf posted:

If they put a romance between Galactus and loving Surfer l m a o

At this point romance in an MCU movie is characters eventually holding hands.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Spacebump posted:

At this point romance in an MCU movie is characters eventually holding hands.

Or making out with your ex's niece after your ex dies

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They killed Ikaris because he was the only penis haver in the MCU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I am a silver surfer fan so i hope they can pull it off. There have been female heralds before but i can see them not wanting to use Nova, for example, because her powers are so similar to human torch. I personally dont care about FF and would prefer a surfer story that takes place away from earth and i have a suspicion that if they dont do a good job of surfer here then we will never get a proper adaptation. Everyone has put the last lovely FF movies in the memory hole so that doesnt really count.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Tobias: you could try doing a live-action version of Galactus.
Disney: has that ever worked?
Tobias: goodness no. People always somehow convince themselves that it will…. But it MIGHT work for US…

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Spacebump posted:

This reminds me, the Hellfire Club is just known as the Inner Circle in the animated series.
I'm sure that was some kind of content decision since it was a kid's show

Like how in the series a ton of characters have guns, but they are all laser weapons and not real guns

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

"Welcome to the Unaliving Floor"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FlamingLiberal posted:

Like how in the series a ton of characters have guns, but they are all laser weapons and not real guns

Or Wolverine popping his claws and proceeding to tackle and kick everyone

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tom Tucker posted:

Tobias: you could try doing a live-action version of Galactus.
Disney: has that ever worked?
Tobias: goodness no. People always somehow convince themselves that it will…. But it MIGHT work for US…

...have they ever actually tried? Like, legit, I don't think there's ever been an attempt to actually do Galactus on screen. The Tim Story movies did kind of the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus swarm thing, but no-one's ever tried the full on giant dude in purple skirt thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Defiance Industries posted:

Forge uses parts of his brain that normal people don't... because normal people don't have them!

:negative:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Spacebump posted:

I'm not looking forward to hearing people say that X-Men ripped off Stranger Things.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

...have they ever actually tried? Like, legit, I don't think there's ever been an attempt to actually do Galactus on screen. The Tim Story movies did kind of the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus swarm thing, but no-one's ever tried the full on giant dude in purple skirt thing.

I think in this day and age they will just do Galactus like the cartoons did. After all, the MCU has shown full-sized celestials multiple times, and though changed, Eternity has appeared too. There's no reason they couldn't make a traditional Galactus work too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that Spiral is like Mojo's only employee he keeps around but she hates openly.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Taylor-Joy was perfect casting but this could work.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I just don't think Galactus films well and that the best workable version of him possible is already kinda screwed up from how they did Dormammu.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Make him the stupid looking robot head that eats planets or make him teeny tiny.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I demand a comic accurate Galactus so that we can get Galactus's Mom in phase 26

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DiscoJ posted:

I think in this day and age they will just do Galactus like the cartoons did. After all, the MCU has shown full-sized celestials multiple times, and though changed, Eternity has appeared too. There's no reason they couldn't make a traditional Galactus work too.

The cinematics from the first Ultimate Alliance game had the closest thing to a live-action classic Galactus we've ever gotten and I always thought they pulled it off really well. He came off as ominous due to how emotionless and utterly bored he looked, like caring to even acknowledge all the horror he was causing was beneath him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If they introduce Galactus, they need to have his BFF, Squirrel Girl.

They can both poo poo talk Thanos.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Wait I think I’m confusing the Galactus hungry cloud from the Alba Fantastic 4 with the Fear hungry cloud from Green Lantern which is good because they both show had bad an idea a hungry giant celestial creature is for a movie.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Just give me a huge goofy person in a goofy outfit and a silver surfer bro. gently caress it, just do it once, please, even if it sucks, do it in deadpool at least just do it once cmon just do it. Just give me a big live action Galactus.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Tom Tucker posted:

Wait I think I’m confusing the Galactus hungry cloud from the Alba Fantastic 4 with the Fear hungry cloud from Green Lantern which is good because they both show had bad an idea a hungry giant celestial creature is for a movie.

A featureless cloud is a bad idea. An actual character will almost certainly be good.

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 4, 2024

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If Feige fucks us on an authentic live action Galactus then I swear I'm out for good. Don't test me on this Kevin :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It probably wouldn't translate well to the screen, but I always liked the idea of Galactus being so immense (on the Galactic, no pun intended, scale of power) that his movement is gradual, implacable, and utterly indifferent. Just this giant, immense thing who shows up and slowly, without explanation or even apparently noticing efforts to stop him, lands on the planet and begins setting up for draining it of all life just as a meal. The Surfer is the only meaningful interaction the heroes have both in terms of dialogue and "fighting", and even she seems utterly alien and off at first until they're able to reach her, but even she doesn't so much talk with Galactus as is operating on the understanding of what Galactus demands.

Mainly I think this because I constructed a little fantasy scene in my head where Galactus spends the whole movie like this until Reed holds up the Ultimate Nullifier and Galactus makes just the barest but still noticeable shift of his eyes towards it in the first explicit acknowledgement of the humans' existence, which is akin to having God suddenly notice you standing there and all the terror that comes with that.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 4, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It probably wouldn't translate well to the screen, but I always liked the idea of Galactus being so immense (on the Galactic, no pun intended, scale of power) that his movement is gradual, implacable, and utterly indifferent. Just this giant, immense thing who shows up and slowly, without explanation or even apparently noticing efforts to stop him, lands on the planet and begins setting up for draining it of all life just as a meal. The Surfer is the only meaningful interaction the heroes have both in terms of dialogue and "fighting", and even she seems utterly alien and off at first until they're able to reach her, but even she doesn't so much talk with Galactus as is operating on the understanding of what Galactus demands.

Mainly I think this because I constructed a little fantasy scene in my head where Galactus spends the whole movie like this until Reed holds up the Ultimate Nullifier and Galactus makes just the barest but still noticeable shift of his eyes towards it in the first explicit acknowledge of the humans' existence, which is akin to having God suddenly notice you standing there and all the terror that comes with that.

This sounds magnificent and therefore almost certainly not what's going to happen. I got 2:1 odds on CGI cloud creature, 5:1 on Ego-style normal actor with a three-second cameo of the comic version for the fanboys, 20:1 on comic-accurate version that only appears in an isolated sequence for less than a minute at the film's climax, 100:1 on comic-accurate version substantially interacting with the principal cast for at least one act. Taking all bets!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'd like them to show how Galactus looks different to different species but that might be a confusing step too far

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'd like them to show how Galactus looks different to different species but that might be a confusing step too far

Yeah this is what I was thinking too. Some combination of what Jerusalem said which sounds loving rad, then Galactus is a bit like "ugh FINE I'll come down and talk to you if it means that much to you" and he's played by Giancarlo Esposito or someone with similar heft, but wearily and boredly explains that he doesn't actually look like this but even a planet's smartest inhabitant isn't capable of conceiving his true form

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I was kind of surprised getting into the comics that Galactus looks like a big white dude to all humans. Seeing as they've established how he's just your mind's eye constructing something unseeable, there's a missed opportunity to play around with his design, race, etc based on who's lookin' which I would have fully expected more recent comics involving him to go for.

Unless of course he just looks like he does in the comics because I'M a big white dude

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm sure that this has been contradicted a million times but when Galactus is actually physically in front of you he looks like the big guy with the funny hat. However he often uses a "manifestation body" which is what appears differently to different people.

Also the race of Taa-ans that Galactus is originally from were canonically humanoid. It's kind of disappointing as I liked the idea of his true form being completely unknowable but it turns out he's just using snapchat filters.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The Grumbles posted:

I was kind of surprised getting into the comics that Galactus looks like a big white dude to all humans.

Makes sense, he's a dude who's come to drain your land of resources, killing you in the process. Why wouldn't he be white?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm not looking forward to hearing people say that X-Men ripped off Stranger Things.

I'm looking forward to the looks of utter confusion when people in the know respond by saying they ripped off The Avengers.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I just don't think Galactus films well and that the best workable version of him possible is already kinda screwed up from how they did Dormammu.

What are you even talking about, when has actual OG proper Galactus in all his purple glory been filmed before? Corman did Doom, the Fox F4 used a shadowy cloud.

Grab your fuckin' dunce cap and get your rear end in the corner.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Treat galactus as Majoras Mask treats the moon, just constantly in the background getting slightly closer, mouth opening slightly wider throughout the movie

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
This is the only galactus I wanna see in live action

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Trucker Cap Galactus, best Galactus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he