Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it feels like they mixed big flashy Bayonetta combos with the high attack commitment of a souls game which isn’t a great mixture imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Augus posted:

I mean i don’t think the bosses were actually that hard it just felt really clumsy and annoying to fight them

JBP posted:

Yeah I don't find it hard it just feels like playing the surge with some of the edges filed off.

yeah i'm not saying it was hard or not i just didn't feel like the gameplay was sluggish or slow or chunky or whatever. looking back at my replay (biased, potentially) it just doesn't seem that bad :shrug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

ShoogaSlim posted:

yeah i'm not saying it was hard or not i just didn't feel like the gameplay was sluggish or slow or chunky or whatever. looking back at my replay (biased, potentially) it just doesn't seem that bad :shrug:

Yeah fair enough I was just agreeing with augus mainly. I think I came in with preconceived notions that the game would play like Platinum/DMC and it is a lot more like a souls game pace-wise.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It looks a lot cooler than it feels though. There are a lot of flashy animations, but actual input feel rather clunky. The ease of countering and the ability to keep the enemies shut down without much effort makes it all feel very slow, even if your character is doing all sorts of acrobatics on screen.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

I'm gonna wait for Stellar Blade to come to PC. I think its a solid game though. I don't understand the complaints about the characters.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, it has a rock solid 60fps, I would just prefer PC for this one.

Yeah it's definitely a game you would want to play with mods....

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First time in history people install mods to give the characters more clothes

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Stellar babe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bugblatter posted:

A few cases over the years but the poo poo really hit the fan in September/October of 2023, so rather recent/ongoing.

I had heard about the women who got fired but not about that composer, geez.

It also really sucks that even if you do a neutrally-worded search on it all the top google results are subreddits like kotakuinaction full of chuds just frothing over it so it's hard to actually track the original reporting

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had heard about the women who got fired but not about that composer, geez.

It also really sucks that even if you do a neutrally-worded search on it all the top google results are subreddits like kotakuinaction full of chuds just frothing over it so it's hard to actually track the original reporting

Every social media post about the game has top comments that are all "western devs take note" and stuff about sweet baby. This game made me learn that gamergate 2.0 is basically on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JBP posted:

This game made me learn that gamergate 2.0 is basically on.

No it’s really not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MarcusSA posted:

No it’s really not.

Maybe it's perpetual but it seems that way to me. I know what a sweet baby inc is now. Gamer gate is winning.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

some people get offended about the production of art and can't/won't separate the art from the artist or creative or production team behind it. that is not new or unique.

some people are ignorant to anything that goes on behind the scenes of how the art they like (or don't) gets made, and are perpetually out of the loop. that is not new or unique.

some people are aware and don't give a poo poo. they want to play what they like and ignore what they don't. that it is not new or unique.

so why does it have to be an "x-gate" conspiracy trend that gets special focus?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much as ai love dd2 the drakes are absolute trash. What an awful enemy design. They take forever to kill, but are piss easy until you get to the last health bar and it just starts one shotting the whole party.

They suck and feel incredibly cheap, which would be way less annoying if the game wasn’t constantly sticking them on paths I need to take. They just feel designed to waste my time and then kill me out of nowhere.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

As much as ai love dd2 the drakes are absolute trash. What an awful enemy design. They take forever to kill, but are piss easy until you get to the last health bar and it just starts one shotting the whole party.

They suck and feel incredibly cheap, which would be way less annoying if the game wasn’t constantly sticking them on paths I need to take. They just feel designed to waste my time and then kill me out of nowhere.

Have they smoothed out the performance of the game yet?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody has any real class consciousness anymore so the only ideological battles are fought via allegiance to meaningless consumer products.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

triple sulk posted:

It kinda plays like a PS3 game and the combat feels a little janky to me. I don't think I'll buy it at full price unless the reviews are stellar (pun intended) but I'm sure it'll probably $40 or less in a couple months either way.

Do first party Sony games get a large discount quickly normally? I'm normally a PC gamer and only got a PS5 recently, so I have no idea about these things. Based on what I saw elsewhere, it seems to be doing really well with preorders.

Quote I found was

"Looking on global PSN preorders a version of Stellar Blade is :

#1 in 59 countries.
#2 in 29 countries.
#3 in 10 countries.

Digital Deluxe is by far the most popular SKU."

And it is the number one selling PS5 game on Amazon US at least. Princess Peach Showtime is the only game above it overall.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Flowing Thot posted:

Do first party Sony games get a large discount quickly normally? I'm normally a PC gamer and only got a PS5 recently, so I have no idea about these things. Based on what I saw elsewhere, it seems to be doing really well with preorders.

Quote I found was

"Looking on global PSN preorders a version of Stellar Blade is :

#1 in 59 countries.
#2 in 29 countries.
#3 in 10 countries.

Digital Deluxe is by far the most popular SKU."

And it is the number one selling PS5 game on Amazon US at least. Princess Peach Showtime is the only game above it overall.

It seems to already be discounted in the UK. Most games go to bargain mode fairly quickly at retail. FF16 did and Rebirth is currently discounted in Australia.

I think they're technically a second party Dev that's been paid to make a game, which might be a point of difference on how pricing goes down the road idk.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SamLakeRMD/status/1775775424666358238?t=KKa64qXR-Lq2nqMwiHVc0w&s=19

:coffeepal:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 4, 2024

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Stellar Blade was in production before Sony partnered with them, but the scope of the game was increased afterward. So, second party is the accurate description.

As for whether Sony titles get discounted on the PS store, I think it's like any other title: it depends on how successful they are. Days Gone was first party but hit discounts rather quickly.

I can't really guess how successful Stellar Blade is going to be. I feel like at least moderately successful? Not a huge hit but not a dud. Which would probably see it hit a minor discount at the summer sale.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

JBP posted:

Every social media post about the game has top comments that are all "western devs take note" and stuff about sweet baby. This game made me learn that gamergate 2.0 is basically on.

It's not really 2.0, they just never stopped

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

JBP posted:

It seems to already be discounted in the UK. Most games go to bargain mode fairly quickly at retail. FF16 did and Rebirth is currently discounted in Australia.

I think they're technically a second party Dev that's been paid to make a game, which might be a point of difference on how pricing goes down the road idk.

Yeah, I guess I am just not used to buying discs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

Nobody has any real class consciousness anymore so the only ideological battles are fought via allegiance to meaningless consumer products.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Maybe for white people

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

Maybe for white people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I replayed the stellar blade demo and on a revisit I've changed my opinion from "it's ok" to "it's bad".

Game will sell a bundle due to horny

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

veni veni veni posted:

Can you elaborate? I find them tough to kill, but they're not really one-shotting my party. My biggest problem is figuring out where tf I'm climbing to maneuver to their heart and start stabbing it, and doing that before they slam me to the ground.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I replayed the stellar blade demo and on a revisit I've changed my opinion from "it's ok" to "it's bad".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Maybe for white people.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I replayed the stellar blade demo and on a revisit I've changed my opinion from "it's a bundle" to "it's horny".

Game will sell ok due to it's bad.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I havent played Stellar Blade but it doesn't seem any hornier than Bayonetta which was already pretty tame tbh.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ineffiable posted:

Game will sell ok due to it's bad.
Many such cases here in the playstation five thread

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sakurazuka posted:

same

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I agree

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I thought the demo was pretty good, the story and VO is pretty bad though. Combat is definitely a highlight, it’ll be a solid 8/10 is what I feel. I can’t wait for the reviews to hit though, this game is going to get dragged for being horny even though I think it’s pretty tame compared to like SF6 or Nier (which this game is a shameless copy)

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I quit the demo early when the game told me to press R2 to pick up crud after every enemy. A petty nitpick? Yeah, but I don't wanna do it every time. Maybe there's an option to autoloot, but in my opinion, it should be on by default.

Edit: I know this sounds dumb, I'm just so put off by games that have you picking up a million things all the time. Especially when those things only become visible briefly after you ping the map.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Apr 4, 2024

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Augus posted:

the boss at the end of the demo has a whole bunch of AOEs and unblockable attacks that you’re supposed to use the dodge for and the dodge is comically awful. she just takes two baby steps to the side. It’s worthless for repositioning and the timing for perfect dodges felt really awkward. and they introduce two separate mikiri counter mechanics that require you to dodge in different directions depending on the color of the symbol and the timing for those feels even more like guesswork and it ends up feeling like a surprise QTE instead of a real mechanic with consistent rules like the actual mikiri counter did. also a lot of the canned animations have both you and the opponent freeze in place for a second or two after the animation ends while they wait for the game to realize that the animation has actually ended. Oh yeah and the way Eve freezes in place at the beginning (and only the beginning) of a guard feels really awkward too.

They may fix it still, they did for lies of p. Different developers of course but it’s good they released a demo. I’ll post what I think of the combat once I get to the boss.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Genius. I wonder if any other companies have thought of this before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WaltherFeng posted:

I havent played Stellar Blade but it doesn't seem any hornier than Bayonetta which was already pretty tame tbh.

Agreed, I was expecting it to be way hornier than it actually was. With the egregious exception of the one shot of her bursting out of the escape capsule, it's not really that noticeable. And the comparable moment in Bayonetta is when her clothes are torn off by demons whipping her with sexy moaning sounds, so yeah. If they hadn't made a point to announce she's a body scan of an onlyfans model I probably wouldn't have bothered to form an opinion of its horniness in the first place

Or at least that was my impression until I tried the boss challenge and saw her default costume, there's the unignorable horny I was promised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is a chud game too