Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

hooman posted:

Dare I ask?

Hooman with their big dick privilege can't recognise a small penis joke :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-03/more-megadrought-warnings-climate-change-australia/103661658

Yay

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Meanwhile, half the east coast is on flood alert

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gay picnic defence posted:

Meanwhile, half the east coast is on flood alert

In an El Nino year.

Wetter and more humid may well be the what the east coast has to look forward to in the coming years as warm water gets further down the coast.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hell yeah i get to wear layers in Brisbane.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looking forward to the one week where I can wear my jackets

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Anidav posted:

Hell yeah i get to wear layers in Brisbane.

2 pairs of shorts

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Maybe even a jacket

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Oh its going to be bad when the bubble bursts isnt it

Depends where you're standing I suppose.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

“BABYSITTER”

Mr Auerbach said that on one of Mr Lehrmann’s trips down to Sydney, he was assigned to be his “babysitter”.

He said that Channel Seven put Mr Lehrmann up at the Meriton to “unwind”.

“I had been appointed to be his babysitter, minder, looking after him, building up a rapport trying to build trust and some sort of relationship with a prospective interview subject,” Mr Auerbach said.

He said that while at dinner Mr Lehrmann purchased drugs and later ordered prostitutes.

”Mr Lehrman had over dinner purchased a bag of cocaine while we were dining at Franca and when we got upstairs to the room he pulled that out and started to put it on a plate and then started talking to me about a prospective Spotlight story and his desire to order prostitutes to the Meriton that night,” Mr Auerbach said.

“And he began googling a series of websites to try and make that happen.

“And during that conversation he agreed to be in a Spotlight interview as long as we didn’t ask him about what happened on the night in Canberra.”

Mr Auerbach said he was “taken aback” and tried to convince Mr Lehrmann to discuss the night of the alleged incident for the interview.

“It jumped out at me as quite concerning so I put it to him that we would have to ask him hard questions about the night in Canberra,” Mr Auerbach said.

“Given that was the whole purpose of the spotlight investigation and continued to chat with him”

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On Lehman:

Has there been any updates about the Townsville rapes he was accused of?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Lehman:

Not due in court until June, and it was Toowomba.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
He is also not very believable - I’m listening to that and a boring work update at the same time.

On the brothel charges - at 7:30am the morning after those charges he wrote his resignation letter saying he made a terrible mistake and charged thousands and thousands of dollars to the company card. He also told his psychiatrist similar, that he’d used the company card for personal expenses, which was recorded. He then claimed he was trying to protect the show and Seven.

There’s also something from the opposing lawyer about him illegally sending a topless photo of someone around to other media, not sure if it’s Higgins or someone else. And there was a video of him doing a crazy face and destroying the golf clubs his old boss had left at his house that he posted on facebook (after losing his job or resigning or whatever).

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

in a shock twist Auerbach also a piece of poo poo

Auerbach is now being cross-examined by Lehrmann’s barrister about sending naked photographs of a “vulnerable” woman to journalists.

He admitted to sending the photos, disagreed that the women was vulnerable, and said he did not know it was a criminal act to send photographs of that nature without her consent.

Richardson: “Now did your employers at Sky become aware that this had happened, that is, that you had sent these photographs of this woman to various media organisations?”

Auerbach said Sky News told him they were terminating him for “trust and confidence issues”.

The photo was taken about five years ago. He sent it in Feb this year. Auerbach says he doesn't know if Sky knew about it. He said he was verbally asked if he was the person in the reports about Bruce's masseuses before he was fired, and mentioned something about "photos doing the rounds" himself, but he claims he was referring to different photos (not mentioned what). I reckon that translates to he sent dic picks to someone and was worried they'd got him fired.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Big shock that a big piece of poo poo worked for 7 and Sky.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Imagine losing your job at Sky News for being untrustworthy.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

Big shock that a big piece of poo poo worked for 7 and Sky.

i'm on tenterhooks. he resigned the day after the credit charges in a teary letter, but he also reckons he was offered a promotion and pay rise the week after the incident. Bruce's lawyer said he's coming back to this and I can't wait.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Lehman:

He couldn't attend a hearing due to "circumstances" last January but funnily enough ch7 were apparently courting him around that time

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

The photo was taken about five years ago. He sent it in Feb this year. Auerbach says he doesn't know if Sky knew about it. He said he was verbally asked if he was the person in the reports about Bruce's masseuses before he was fired, and mentioned something about "photos doing the rounds" himself, but he claims he was referring to different photos (not mentioned what). I reckon that translates to he sent dic picks to someone and was worried they'd got him fired.

I think he’s copping to sending photos of Steve Jackson (the former boss he hates). Fairfax ran a story recently that there were photos doing the rounds of Jackson sitting next to a naked woman at a party (the reporting was that this was just strange rather than anything untoward going on).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

So not only do 7 protect and pay murderers and rapists, they employ fuckwits as well. Not surprised at all

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

I think he’s copping to sending photos of Steve Jackson (the former boss he hates). Fairfax ran a story recently that there were photos doing the rounds of Jackson sitting next to a naked woman at a party (the reporting was that this was just strange rather than anything untoward going on).

lmao. "Oh I wasn't talking about the topless woman photo, I was talking about the photo with the topless woman and my old boss"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So not only do 7 protect and pay murderers and rapists, they employ fuckwits as well. Not surprised at all

Everyone that works in network television is a slime way beyond what you'd expect from watching satire of it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Eediot Jedi posted:

lmao. "Oh I wasn't talking about the topless woman photo, I was talking about the photo with the topless woman and my old boss"

The same old boss who landed a job as media advisor to the NSW police commissioner, and was terminated even before starting, because of this story (and interference from the police minister).

Oh and he was hired for the job because the commissioner made dumb comments about a serving cop killing two gay men with his service weapon the week before Mardi Gras. And so instead of learning and reflecting, the commissioner’s decision was “hire more channel seven fuckheads”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If I was hiring a spin doctor I'd want the filthiest one possible too tbh

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kochie killed someone?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its appaling how bad the media in this country has gotten over... many many decades I guess. not not really gotten worse, just shifted types of worse I suppose.

and you cant even look at abc without some regret

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
was it the original cash cow?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I wonder what this says about Bucky's plan

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Kochie killed someone?

he hunts them for sport

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Autisanal Cheese posted:

but towns always pop up around train stations or vice versa, thats how its always worked :psyduck:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I'm nots ure what their point is when .... humans have always developed places to live along transport corridors??

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's probably a very interesting paper that doesn't really say anything that the headline has flattened it into claiming if my experience with literally every other newspaper article since 2006 is accurate

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the paper's author:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

ever noticed how a river system looks like the veins on a leaf

or a solar system looks like an atom

or a cyclone looks like a galaxy

or a bud looks like a shrub

:350:

deep man