Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

It's sold out most places now but so you know what to look for: https://showzstore.com/degenerator-industry-sv001-metal-slug-super-vehicle_p3418.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

PowerBeard posted:

So we're showing off Megatron, are we?

Beg for mercy!

I love my smol Megatron, he even gets a small blaster that may or may not be a smaller megatron...

Ack smol Shockwave is blind!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I probably won't buy it, but that's awesome. I do wish the robot mode was more like the Metal Slug characters though. Give that bot a robot headband and a revolver!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ahahaaha gently caress MMC/Ocular Max are doing an MP-scale Drift as a Hachiroku

Bot mode is very closely patterned after the CHUG Deluxe, too, right down to the hip scabbards

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was like "huh, what's a hachiroku" and googling it explained everything the instant I saw an image :allears:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, sorry, our anime club in university showed Initial D for like two years and I'd have to physically force myself to write "Corolla GTS"

It's one of those choices where it's so perfect you have to wonder why it wasn't done before, but it's also so perfect that you actually have to work hard to nail it. Like an obvious joke that you have to roll around in your head a little before you can make it funny.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Captain Invictus posted:

I was like "huh, what's a hachiroku" and googling it explained everything the instant I saw an image :allears:

Yeaaaa same haha

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Studio Series Hachiroku

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
My Sandstorm and Gears have arrived. Gears is great, he's chonky little dude with a fun transformation. Sandstorm I think I need more time with, I love the look but I'm not finding the steps to get him into dune buggy to be slick or intuitive.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
If you ever wanted to see them on the big screen:

'Til All Are One. Relive the magic of the 1984 Transformers series on the big screen!The Transformers 40th Anniversary Event is coming to Select Cinemas May 15, 18 & 19 ONLY. Featuring the first four episodes of the original series, an exclusive table read with Peter Cullen, Frank Welker & more surprises. Tickets on sale starting Wednesday April 10!

Not the movie, so it's better!

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently they took those episodes off the official youtube channel a little while ago - it makes sense that they'd want to restrict access to the free version for a little while if they're trying to get people to pay to see them on the big screen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got a box

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Joe Fisto posted:

I got a box

Nice. Sadly mine currently says backordered.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

I got a box

Holy poo poo he’s out already?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

Holy poo poo he’s out already?

Yup. Shipped from Target. I also saw two on the shelf today.

DisposableHero posted:

Nice. Sadly mine currently says backordered.

Well that’s lame!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I got mine and was going to write out a review, but then I got the idea that I should probably take pictures, and that'll wait for sunlight.

Summary: I like the heckin' chonker vehicle, but the robot mode and engineering isn't very good, and he's being sold as a voyager when he's smaller than most deluxes.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

Yup. Shipped from Target. I also saw two on the shelf today.

Well that’s lame!

I’ll check my local Target tomorrow but if I strike out would you be willing to pick one up for me?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My core Snarl arrived, which means I have a full core Volcanicus

lmao this thing sucks
into the Grimlock Detolf you go, never to be played with again

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I haven't assembled them into Volcanicus yet and TBH I likely never will. At least Snarl is a decent robot.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Dinobots should never have a combined mode, the whole thing is a rubbish idea. You will never change my mind.

In fact gently caress all combiners that aren't Devs or Predaking.

:colbert:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bruticus is cool though

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Defensor is also cool. Like, I agree that combining Dinobots is silly but don't throw the Scramble City babies out with the bathwater.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Bruticus is cool though

he's one metamorphin' dudicus

edit: that is in fact the description for Onslaught, I would like to apologise for my lapse.

Bruticus is Big, Bad, and Battlin'

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Defensor is untapped potential. I wish they’d actually do something with the Protectobots as a team in a story that doesn’t suck.

Also the best combiner is Rail Racer, and Ruination > Bruticus.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I’ll check my local Target tomorrow but if I strike out would you be willing to pick one up for me?

If they’re still there, absolutely

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

The Dinobots should never have a combined mode, the whole thing is a rubbish idea. You will never change my mind.

In fact gently caress all combiners that aren't Devs or Predaking.

:colbert:

Well I was with you in the first half.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So what are the thoughts on that Gamer Edition Sideswipe and Bumblebee Movie Sunstreaker?

I... don't know about those.

I like the Rock LordsInfernac guys, but I'm kinda on the fence about a lot of the stuff coming out besides stuff like Gears and Sandstorm.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Sunstreaker is a weird choice but the engineering is excellent per video reviews; his torso contains really impressive parts compression.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Joe Fisto posted:

Well that’s lame!
Just got the shipping notification so I guess they are just coming in in batches.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

If they’re still there, absolutely

Awesome, thanks!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Sunstreaker is a weird choice but the engineering is excellent per video reviews; his torso contains really impressive parts compression.

drat, you're not wrong. The way his boot treads mesh together?? I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that before. That is an excellent transformation in service of a bot mode that badly needs a little more color separation and a car mode I still think is ugly, though the latter is improved a little by having the guns mounted on top. Makes him look a bit like the later Can-am cars.

If they ever did the mold as Cordon I might reevaluate...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It feels like Concept Series, much like the Bee Movie Cybertronian forms preceding it, is a chance for designers and engineers to go totally sicko mode without the restrictions of adhering to legacy character models or vehicle licenses. It's blowing Gamer Edition out of the water.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So what are the thoughts on that Gamer Edition Sideswipe and Bumblebee Movie Sunstreaker?

I... don't know about those.

Sideswipe is hilariously hideous

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Swoop, Sideswipe, Shockwave and Sunstreaker are all up for pre-order on BBTS.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\/\

Swoop is sold out on Pulse, obviously.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

They're also all available from bezos as of a couple hours ago.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DoctorWhat posted:

They're also all available from bezos as of a couple hours ago.

At least Swoop showed (and still shows) unavailable for me. I always check there first since I got the Prime card.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Transformers Legacy Deluxe Wave 1 Set is pretty ludicrously cheap right now, less than ten bucks a figure for Dragstrip, Kickback, Skids and Arcee.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Awesome, thanks!

Any luck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve hit two Targets so far with no luck, gonna try a third here shortly.