Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Also reminder that you can move the house itself now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Which recolor mod are you using?
I'm looking at different ones, and I'm leaning towards Starblue Valley, but the mod doesn't seem to be updated for 1.6 yet :mad:

/edit: was happy to see from the mod discussion that there's an unofficial update for it since the original mod is discontinued, but alas...

welp, not quite 1.6-ready just yet, it seems

/edit2: gonna give DaisyNiko's Earthy Recolor a spin, I guess

I'm using Universal Recolors with the Subtle preset.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

All ya’ll running around with cool trinkets and I can’t even get my first one to drop.

:negative:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cartoon Man posted:

All ya’ll running around with cool trinkets and I can’t even get my first one to drop.

Same.

But you can't even get them until you hit lv 10 in every skill, right? I have a ways to go...

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cartoon Man posted:

You've got the perk for it, right? It took me a little while before I got one but I seem to find one every 2-4 thorough mine or cave runs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A lot of the records have options for grass. I left the grasses vanilla but did the pastoral record for everything else. Seems good so far. Also supremely disappointed about that bathroom mod.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I got the perk, just no luck yet and I already got the level 100 skull cavern snake milk. (The correct way too…)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah I got the perk, just no luck yet and I already got the level 100 skull cavern snake milk. (The correct way too…)

abusing bombs?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yes and no staircases.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

My dog gave me a stick last night and I thought I must have imagined it, but as a max-heart thing that's frickin adorable. I petted him and he gave me a driftwood :3:

My cat gave me a duck feather ... right after I purchased a duck in Fall Y1 as part of my dash to get community center stuff.

The day before the traveling merchant sold us a truffle after I got my deluxe barn and pig early/mid fall. (Not actually sure if I would have gotten truffles from the pig in time or not, so maybe that was a blessing)

Kind of annoyed that I didn't buy the red cabbage from the merchant when it turned up in spring. I saw the "bundles completable in Y1" checkbox call it out specifically, but I didn't actually have the bulletin board bundles unlocked so got confused and didn't really have the gold to be frivolous and buy it in case, so of course there hasn't been another one since. (I did manage to get a red cabbage seed from the merchant though, so I just gotta wait for the greenhouse. )

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is it quicker to rush ducks to get the last piece needed to unlock the cheese press if I already have a regular coop/barn? I just got cows making milk and was trying to figure out if I should just upgrade to a lvl 3 barn for wool/goat milk or upgrade the coop for duck eggs and the barn once for sheep wool.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

explosivo posted:

Is it quicker to rush ducks to get the last piece needed to unlock the cheese press if I already have a regular coop/barn? I just got cows making milk and was trying to figure out if I should just upgrade to a lvl 3 barn for wool/goat milk or upgrade the coop for duck eggs and the barn once for sheep wool.

Goats are unlocked at the level 2 barn and they don’t produce wool in this game. You need level 3 for sheep wool and level 3 coop for rabbit wool. Wool is wool in this game as well. No difference between the two except sheep take 3 days for wool instead of 4 not accounting for hearts and perks but don’t drop rabbits feet

Sounds like you want the ducks

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 4, 2024

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Go for the ducks, suck up to Emily and pray she sends you some wool in the mail for potential quickness.

It shouldn't be too hard to get a deluxe barn and coop in the first year if you are going for year 1 CC though. Just remember to go barn first so your pig can grow up in time to grab a truffle. Once winter hits the pig stays indoors and you'll need to wait for spring.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Truffles and duck feathers show up more often in traveling cart sub red cabbage seeds for me for year 1 cc tbh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thank you, Ducks it is!

Also want to give a shout out to the pause time mod, it's useful when playing co-op and I need to go take care of something but don't want to inconvenience my friend. I did have to adjust the settings to make it not auto-pause all the time, by default it pauses time if anyone opens the menu or is in a cutscene but since it's just the two of us I set it so we both have to be in a menu for it to auto pause. Then I have the button to manually pause if I have to go do something irl so he can dick around without worrying about me not being back before it forces us to the next day.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Cartoon Man posted:

I went with Combat mastery first, but still didn't get any trinkets until I already had enough XP for my second mastery, so it definitely takes a good long while.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Curious, I assume iridium band, burglar ring and luck ring are must haves for everyone... what you all run as your 4th ring?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm a fan of the 2 statues you can get from mastery. They are both good but don't feel cheating.

The mining one really helped me get to level 100 without using a single ataircase and only a handful of bombs on a slightly above neutral luck day. As soon as I saw the blessing that increased staircases and holes to appear I knew I had to try that day.

The foraging one is good too although a couple of blessings that might be broken don't really matter anymore. poo poo like "You Have Infinite Energy For the Day."

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I need like 2k more experience to max out combat. OTOH I also need to get burglar's ring and crab ring I guess. Halfway through year 2.

Also pausing doesn't pause the simon says crystal thing. Hnnnnnng.

Hats on cats is great. Tempted to put my swashbuckler hat on my cat, but the racoon hat is too fitting for the mighty hunter.

tl;dr Still playing, still enjoying this weird game.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Tylana posted:

I need like 2k more experience to max out combat. OTOH I also need to get burglar's ring and crab ring I guess. Halfway through year 2.

Also pausing doesn't pause the simon says crystal thing. Hnnnnnng.

Hats on cats is great. Tempted to put my swashbuckler hat on my cat, but the racoon hat is too fitting for the mighty hunter.

tl;dr Still playing, still enjoying this weird game.

the easiest way to do the crystal thing is just record it, or if you fail it a ton it does slow down, but i find just recording it with my phone to be the easiest way to do it tbqh

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Avalerion posted:

Curious, I assume iridium band, burglar ring and luck ring are must haves for everyone... what you all run as your 4th ring?

I like the Slime Charmer Ring, personally.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Avalerion posted:

Not sure I care too much about Luck Ring. Crab Ring is a massive reductive in damage taken for me though.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I highly recommend giving your kitty the dwarf helmet.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pink cowboy hat for my kitty

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

My dog is wearing the garbage hat. Because he’s a big fluffy garbage boy yes he is. Yes he is!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mine has the witch hat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ok I finally got two trinkets to drop while grinding out some bug meat for the Willy quest. Got the quiver and the spur.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Avalerion posted:

Two Iridium Band + Ruby Ring Rings, in addition to Three Rubies On Your Infinite Galaxy Sword.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Nameless Pete posted:

I highly recommend giving your kitty the dwarf helmet.

omg perfect

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Glowstone, Luck, Java, and a final one. Though I'll be honest, I use an extra rings mod anyway :whatup:

Has anybody mathed out what the ideal placement for Mushroom Logs is?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Glowstone, Luck, Java, and a final one. Though I'll be honest, I use an extra rings mod anyway :whatup:

Has anybody mathed out what the ideal placement for Mushroom Logs is?

I just have my oak resin farm of 5x5 trees with mushroom logs in the empty spaces between trees horizontally and paths horizontally to walk below/above them. I get 5 of the mushrooms in all but a few which I assume is the max.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Propeller Beanie Cat

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

There was a mod I saw about a couple of days ago that I now cannot find, but the idea was that you would be mailed Queen of sauce recipes. I suck at checking the TV and now I can't find that mod but it would be so helpful.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
There's now an vanilla method of catching up on recipes you might've missed: Bookseller stocks a Queen of Sauce book, which teaches you all of her recipes. I saw it appear after Y2. edit: wiki says this appears after you've collected 100 golden walnuts

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tylana posted:

Tylana posted:

Not sure I care too much about Luck Ring. Crab Ring is a massive reductive in damage taken for me though.

Crab ring, huh? What's your ring loadout? I guess with what weapon too. I'd maybe pair crab ring with the dagger.

I like the hammer (bonus defense, amazing special). Using with Iridium Band, Lucky, Burglar, and Phoenix (or Napalm, if you unlocked that first). I guess you could substitute Phoenix for Crab but mehhhh? I never change this loadout. Don't need immunity to slimes or free coffee. I guess Ring of Yoba would synergize with lucky ring but I'd rather just have the oopsie protection with Phoenix.

Lucky ring is giving you bonuses outside of combat too. It's all-around good.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 4, 2024

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not that mod, but one of the big UI mods (UI Info Suite?) just puts a notice under the money bar when there's a new recipe to learn from the TV. Along with other notices like if it will rain tomorrow, how long it's gonna take for certain things to finish (tool upgrades, farm construction,) birthdays. Saves a lot of time checking things.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
To me, that's preposterous. Crab Ring goon, things of that nature

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DarkLich posted:

There's now an vanilla method of catching up on recipes you might've missed: Bookseller stocks a Queen of Sauce book, which teaches you all of her recipes. I saw it appear after Y2. edit: wiki says this appears after you've collected 100 golden walnuts

Good to know. I'm at about 70 and the last batch won't be too bad to get.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

To me, that's preposterous. Crab Ring goon, things of that nature

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

There was a mod I saw about a couple of days ago that I now cannot find, but the idea was that you would be mailed Queen of sauce recipes. I suck at checking the TV and now I can't find that mod but it would be so helpful.

The bookseller sells you an expensive book now that learns them all instantly if you don’t want to watch tv.