Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I appreciate that Deadfire has an ending where you can completely skip any of the factional fighting and do the endgame content by your own self. Love it when games have weird third options like that, like how Morrowind will let you complete the main quest by killing Vivec and making a bootleg Wraithguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTGNsR0Sls

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i will never watch more than the first five minutes of this video, but it was very funny that quinton's dad is pretty much just quinton but older.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe Youtube just lets you upload 38 hour long videos like that.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
There are 274 episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies totaling about 114 hours of show runtime. Actually you know what, there's roughly two minutes of credits per episode so let's call it 105 hours of actual show. How do you get nearly FORTY hours out of it? Like, even if you want background sleep noise the only person who needs this much is loving Rip van Winkle.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Nuebot posted:

No, it's great, I love when half the rules just say "the DM decides" and then people get mad about what the DM decides and argue about it because they put the onus of making players sometimes fail or lose on the DM instead of just setting DCs the DM could adjust if they were too hard/easy anymore. Love that pathfinder went from being a very structured framework of rules to being mostly "GM Decides" with rules that make no god drat sense anymore because they're spread across a million different pages and nested within each other in the most frustrating ways. Elves aren't immune to sleep anymore, that's cool. It says that on the elf heritage page. Elves are, however, immune to the paralyzing touch of a ghoul. It does not say this on the elf page, it says it on the ghoul page. They are not immune to the paralyzing touch of a ghast. In 1e all spells provoked attacks of opportunity. In 2e only movement and manipulate actions do; so you'd think spells that aren't tagged as manipulate wouldn't provoke, right? Wrong, fucko: all spells with somatic or material components are manipulate actions and they just don't tell you. Also the numbers are just generally bigger for some reason and because paizo thinks the only cool part of tabletop is critting, half the special effects and skills in the game rely on you critting and critting is now so insanely easy and frequent that level 5-9 pathfinder 2e combat feels like level 15-20 pathfinder 1e combat. :argh: I'm mad about stupid nerdshit.

Aww man, that sucks. How about a nice game of Shadowrun instead?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Clerical Terrors posted:

Aww man, that sucks. How about a nice game of Shadowrun instead?

Here's my character sheet. In a shocking twist I built a street samurai jammed full of cyberware who's just barely not a zombie

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

SpiritOfLenin posted:

i will never watch more than the first five minutes of this video, but it was very funny that quinton's dad is pretty much just quinton but older.

I watched both chunks from last year and yes, you can indeed imagine a different path for the internet involving pre-2000's recappers trading eachother tapes of just rambling about episodes. Yes, there's a potential path where Chapo's Matt Christman could have ended up as someone like this.

The video length is to cover 2 other series that were semi-related to it which is Petticoat Junction and Green Acres and the general reception of it Which is a Lot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fil5000 posted:

There are 274 episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies totaling about 114 hours of show runtime. Actually you know what, there's roughly two minutes of credits per episode so let's call it 105 hours of actual show. How do you get nearly FORTY hours out of it? Like, even if you want background sleep noise the only person who needs this much is loving Rip van Winkle.

and why would you do this when you could do the same thing with Green Acres instead

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The Green Acres section is probably the less bad part of the 3 sitcoms he covers, BHH's cast is insufferable and PJ is mostly like several ads stuck together. You'd think it was like, inner classism as to why you'd probably dislike this show or whatever but no, the Green Acres leads are actually fun and the situation changes a bit other than "Yes the hicks are stupid and dumb and thick and are stuck in the 1900's but the rich people.... are uppity!"

I'm gonna add more to this: You'd think that having a character that has multiple backgrounds would help on this but no, Jethro Bodine despite being a doctor and a spy and so on at some point has somehow less characterization than Blobby or Hugo The Tv Troll.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 4, 2024

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
ll do it. ill brave the quinton review.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i tapped out.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Radia posted:

just open palm smash the "board" button. the ship combat never got the TLC it needed, so they patched in a button that lets you skip it

That's a shame.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/Q_Review/status/1775704222039699939

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeesh

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
would genuinely rather kill myself than dedicate that much of my life to the beverly hillbillies. like, we're on this planet for such a limited time that making something like that with the intent of making other people watch it is misanthropic

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Again, you could watch so many episodes of the show with that time that you could have at least as educated an opinon on it as the person making the video, and unless the show has some ties to Dan Schneider produced shows or lost Garfield comics, I'd be amazed if Quinton or his dad have anything unique to add to it. Christ, he's made MAULER look like an expert in editing and brevity.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I dunno perhaps the Beverly Hillbillies is just that complex and rich in detail that 38 hours of video discussion is the only way you can break it down.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CullenDaGaDee posted:

I dunno perhaps the Beverly Hillbillies is just that complex and rich in detail that 38 hours of video discussion is the only way you can break it down.

Buddy Ebsen got his start as a very talented dancer. Okay, there's your trivia. Please do anything else with your day and a half on God's earth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The most interesting thing you can say about The Beverly Hillbillies is how it got canceled not because of ratings or quality but because of changing demographics. Similar shows also got canned and the event became known as the "Rural Purge."

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Did Quinton’s dad make any money for participating in this video

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

CullenDaGaDee posted:

Did Quinton’s dad make any money for participating in this video

Will let you know when he stops talking about Leave it to Beaver, although I don’t think he’ll stop.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I didn't think so at first, but the next thing I knew ol' Quinton's dad was a millionaire.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe Youtube just lets you upload 38 hour long videos like that.

that's baby numbers

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
given another few months quinton is going to launch an infinite livestream of himself styled after ai-generated seinfield

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i'm gonna be honest, on a conceptual level i find this very funny. like i'm sure its not actually watchable, but the concept of a youtuber known for really long videos recruiting his dad to make a couple of even longer videos is funny.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

One day Youtube is gonna start charging creators $0.01 per second of uploaded video, and we'll finally be free of this madness.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

SpiritOfLenin posted:

i'm gonna be honest, on a conceptual level i find this very funny. like i'm sure its not actually watchable, but the concept of a youtuber known for really long videos recruiting his dad to make a couple of even longer videos is funny.

If he was doing this specifically to annoy people it would be hilarious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its funny to upload a 38 hour Beverly hillbillies review but i think if you watch it you should be executed

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

Ludovico technique with Quinton Reviews videos.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Until I checked I assumed this was an edit making fun of him

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I'm usually desperate for long videos to watch while drawing but I am not that desperate. no-one is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kojiro posted:

I'm usually desperate for long videos to watch while drawing but I am not that desperate. no-one is

Quinton is.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

SpiritOfLenin posted:

That's my take on the whole situation as well: Quinton definitely has a problem with making videos that are far longer than their contents require, but this Beverly Hillbillies video feels like a self-knowing bit - a shitpost with an immense amount of effort put into it.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Motto posted:

Until I checked I assumed this was an edit making fun of him

.. it wasn’t? I thought that was the joke too

Wtf

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

KingKalamari posted:

That's my take on the whole situation as well: Quinton definitely has a problem with making videos that are far longer than their contents require, but this Beverly Hillbillies video feels like a self-knowing bit - a shitpost with an immense amount of effort put into it.

Look, I'm not a pro shitposter, but isn't the point of shitposting to min/max your effort to annoyance generated ratio?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

KingKalamari posted:

calling it a whole situation is a bit much. dude just produces bad content. it's fine. it's like if i were a youtuber making videos on dragon ball. 38 hours of pure unedited "gohan kicks so much rear end here. wow. let's put his theme on one more time"

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radia posted:

calling it a whole situation is a bit much. dude just produces bad content. it's fine. it's like if i were a youtuber making videos on dragon ball. 38 hours of pure unedited "gohan kicks so much rear end here. wow. let's put his theme on one more time"

that would be a way better video than what quinton produces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px8aiW3GEME

Makerarenai Unmei no wakareme
Yaru shika nai Yoake ni inochi o kakete

KONO TE DE!!

WOAH WOAHHHHHH