Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm doing a film festival (Panic Fest) from tonight through the end of next week, sorry Colliders but I can't help the next two ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Collision is usually good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i would never be alarmist about AEW, but you watch these promos from Edge and Dax and you wonder, is this the end?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't wonder that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

QOP doesn't wonder that either. He KNOWS AEW is cooked.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW is fed bound

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

prayer emoji

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/AEWChina/status/1775681560592654550?s=20

this might turn things around

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i would never be alarmist about AEW, but you watch these promos from Edge and Dax and you wonder, is this the end?

:pray:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

All we need is Green Steve

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

One of the best deadlock bits

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

do you think tony threatened to send some extra evidence to the orange county police department?

Lmao

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Unfortunately, Hannity and GUTFIELD!!! also opened with responses to the CM Punk promo and crushed AEW in the ratings. Alas.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Tato posted:

Unfortunately, Hannity and GUTFIELD!!! also opened with responses to the CM Punk promo and crushed AEW in the ratings. Alas.

I thought GUTFIELD was the WWE IC Champ?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1775935843120636046

Naughty Naughty Boys. 😡

Dunno if that passes the smell test for Henry. Probably should've just kept the injured guy on payroll, Tony, regardless of where he actually got hurt.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Idiots. You don't pull a no call no show. That's unprofessional and I can see why they were fired. You're SUPPOSED to insult Tony on twitter and tell him you don't do jobs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Really bad Dynamite. Poor Switchblade…

I like the Bucks as wrestlers but what’s the point of a heel gimmick that only gets heat with the people that either don’t watch AEW or hate watch clips of it online and Cornette. It’s like they’re doing work shoot stuff but the shoot part is bullshit based on the cheeseburger addled mind of a ornery bigot, seems like a waste of time.

Them doing to Monet what WWE is doing with Jade is funny but unlike Jade, Monet doesn’t talk good, and isn’t a physical masterpiece.

Edge promo was stupid and gotten to, women’s matches continue to be collective pee pee and nachos time.

Tony starting to run this thing like his NFL team. Gove Jeff Jarrett, Schiavone, Deeb, and Monet’s writer friend the book. Tony Khan truly is no Jim Crockett.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why did you fire the guy if you're just gonna bring him back when he's healthy?

Kind of sends a message to your guys that you better not get hurt or else. Especially if you get hurt at a non AEW show

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Scummy Con

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Eat My Fuc posted:

women’s matches continue to be collective pee pee and nachos time.

this is a you problem.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Trent finally turning on these losers about 3 years too late. Gonna enjoy the singles run until he gets injured for the 38th time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only guy who can promo leaving the faction is bad news for Suck Failer and Snorange Flaccidy 🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

qops all hopped up on nutella cakes again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quantum of Phallus posted:

🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1775935843120636046

Naughty Naughty Boys. 😡

Dunno if that passes the smell test for Henry. Probably should've just kept the injured guy on payroll, Tony, regardless of where he actually got hurt.

Didn't he get hurt in a match with Keith, too? So it was while working another AEW talent.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Bounty Hunter always gets his man. :tinfoil:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I like the Bucks as wrestlers but what’s the point of a heel gimmick that only gets heat with the people that either don’t watch AEW or hate watch clips of it online and Cornette. It’s like they’re doing work shoot stuff but the shoot part is bullshit based on the cheeseburger addled mind of a ornery bigot, seems like a waste of time.

Are you sure you understand the gimmick because they're just doing good cop/bad cop except as lovely middle managers which is very relatable to most people.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

The Bounty Hunter always gets his man. :tinfoil:

Nobody told him it was a work :clint:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Are you sure you understand the gimmick because they're just doing good cop/bad cop except as lovely middle managers which is very relatable to most people.

Yeah agent they basically riffing on the Bobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgg9byUy-V4

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm reading that Khan seems to have been convinced the Henry thing was not a good look and is walking back that release?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

this is a you problem.

I do not leave the arena to pee or get nachos so I think it’s an audience problem that Tony Khan has conditioned them to have. I watch the women’s matches but they always have commercials and the women aren’t great workers

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Pylons posted:

i have no knowledge of whatever people's problems with the bucks are so i do not understand not loving the heels who interrupt the commentary team in the middle of their own match to announce the cut to picture in picture

also it seems like most the longer matches have commercials so if the women are getting longer matches then... good?? not that i thought that thunder rosa match was good, the womens title scene needs an injection of something, it's dead out there in comparison to the tbs title scene

Parallax fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 4, 2024

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

All the matches at AEW Revolution were packed so tightly I never got up out of my seat. In retrospect, I regret staying put for Toni Storm/Deonna. That could have been another beer....

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I do not leave the arena to pee or get nachos so I think it’s an audience problem that Tony Khan has conditioned them to have. I watch the women’s matches but they always have commercials and the women aren’t great workers

Come on dude

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the bucks heel persona is a big fail because it made my bucks hating friend love them

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I went to get a drink and take a piss at all in and missed the finish of acclaimed/HOB

A sign of things to come

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lol that edge promo
tony khan is a little bitch

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I went for a beer and to take a piss and I missed Trench's entire career.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
tony should rehire all the people he fired and fire all of the people true wrestling fans don't like (bucks kenny jericho orange basically the other 90% of the roster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nothing worse for ratings or the quality of your show or anything really than taking real wrestling fan ideas