Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Wassbix posted:

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I really don't think it's a gift. I know this thread has an intense hater boner for Chef Jose Andres, but I haven't been able to find a single thing that indicates he's insincere in his desire to help people. Dude started an organization back in 2010 to provide disaster relief after Haiti was devastated by an earthquake and ever since World Central Kitchen has a well documented track record of providing aid. His one major flaw seems to be engaging in good faith with the US government.

I've been wrong about stuff like this before, but I really do think he's going to continue to speak the truth about how Israel is deliberately targeting aid organizations in order to starve Palestinians. As he should, because as many people as possible need to hear about what Israel is doing as much as possible.

Goons are goons and thus jump directly from "intel agencies probably have their fingers in this pot" to "everyone working for them is a direct employee of Langley"

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Is it okay to donate to UNRWA online or will the money get siphoned off to some bullshit and not actually go to UNRWA?

help a stupid person out

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Andres was a pretty big "israel has a right to defend itself" and "antizionism is antisemitism" guy in the past. it seems pretty clear he has realized his error now though. i think it's best to not hold it against him.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

punishedkissinger posted:

Andres was a pretty big "israel has a right to defend itself" and "antizionism is antisemitism" guy in the past. it seems pretty clear he has realized his error now though. i think it's best to not hold it against him.

So he only acknowledges Israeli war crimes when they affect him directly. This makes him a good person.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Retromancer posted:

So he only acknowledges Israeli war crimes when they affect him directly. This makes him a good person.

if you're going to keep attacking someone when they have joined your cause and are objectively helping it, you're a moron, sorry.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

know an australian who was like "they killed an australian aid worker! i'm radicalized now!" and like, whatever gets you there buddy, but also, lol

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
jose andres had a crack ping moment and we are all witnessing it

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
All the way back from November. Something to keep in mind as we keep getting "reports" about Biden being mean to Netanyahu on the phone or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Jamie_Maz/status/1721540589533929507?t=AfJ-2i5Syotu-Qgkbe-ACQ&s=19

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Retromancer posted:

why does it matter whether he's a good person or not? moralizing is some lib poo poo

death to israel, the more the merrier

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Retromancer posted:

hes prob a turd but the more people turning against israel and the us the better

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Israel will do a half hearted mea cupla and he'll go right back to what he was doing before. He's a soulless NGO freak.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Retromancer posted:

Israel will do a half hearted mea cupla and he'll go right back to what he was doing before. He's a soulless NGO freak.

So then poo poo on him after he does it, not before

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:burger: he's a bad person :burger:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

alarumklok posted:

why does it matter whether he's a good person or not? moralizing is some lib poo poo

He's not saying DTI, he's mad that they blew up his friends. His line has always been "This isn't who Israel is."

At best, he's got the same line as Biden supporters that think this is a Bibi problem.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Palestinians are keeping up the fight, they arent despairing and neither should you

=======================

‎Resistance operations in the central and southern Gaza Strip‎
‎The al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), announced that it had targeted an Israeli Merkava 4 tank with a Al-Yassin 105 shell east of Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip.‎

‎For its part, the Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad, announced that it targeted an Israeli force holed up in a building in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, and blew up an Israeli tank with a "lightning" device.‎

‎The Jerusalem Brigades said it shot down and took control of an Israeli drone.‎

‎It also said that it targeted gatherings of IDF soldiers with a barrage of 60-caliber mortar shells in the vicinity of Al-Amal Hospital and the Al-Araishiya area in the Taqdum axes west of Khan Yunis.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6420696

Hamas can cast lightning? Hell yeah.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Ali Abuminah pointed out that Andres’ port for shipment was made out of rubble from Gazan homes, which probably had unburied dead still in it.

Pretty arrogant of the guy thinking he could do better than UNRWA.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Sancho Banana posted:

All the way back from November. Something to keep in mind as we keep getting "reports" about Biden being mean to Netanyahu on the phone or whatever.

https://twitter.com/Jamie_Maz/status/1721540589533929507?t=AfJ-2i5Syotu-Qgkbe-ACQ&s=19

Does this vile woman have a nickname yet. Hitlery?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Retromancer posted:

He's not saying DTI, he's mad that they blew up his friends. His line has always been "This isn't who Israel is."

At best, he's got the same line as Biden supporters that think this is a Bibi problem.

he said that Israel is "waging war against humanity itself" can you gently caress off your high horse

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Leandros posted:

Does this vile woman have a nickname yet. Hitlery?
Tons of people are calling her Frau Genocide.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Retromancer posted:

This is why I described it as a "lib crack ping" rather than a "lib crack pinging" because they are incapable of understanding history materially.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Retromancer posted:

It does

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

why dont they just drive food trucks in from egypt or israel?

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Tons of people are calling her Frau Genocide.

Hm I like Hitlery more because it incorporates hatred for the Slav and the fact that she got her position through family rather than being chosen

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So what does this mean

https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1775877933418111225

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Spoondick posted:

Cuz famine and genocide is the goal, there is no actual difficulty or obstacle getting aid in

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Zodium posted:

know an australian who was like "they killed an australian aid worker! i'm radicalized now!" and like, whatever gets you there buddy, but also, lol

crikey!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

lol no

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Justin Tyme posted:

Cuz famine and genocide is the goal, there is no actual difficulty or obstacle getting aid in

Well, except for the Nazis camping in the road with tents for months to deliberately starve the Palestinian population to death.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Spoondick posted:

You know why.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's larping. Adult bible camp.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

congrats, you're beyond useless and an active detriment to the cause

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
nm

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

congrats, you're beyond useless and an active detriment to the cause

You're very invested in making sure people don't call the guy who was a zionist 3 days ago names.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Well, except for the Nazis camping in the road with tents for months to deliberately starve the Palestinian population to death.

if only israel or the united states had any way to remove protesters

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Retromancer posted:

You're very invested in making sure people don't call the guy who was a zionist 3 days ago names.

anyone that is directly against israel, regardless of the persons impurity, is good. I don't care what he said a week ago, a month ago, or a year ago. He said Israel is engaging in a war against humanity and directly refuted their propaganda, while also providing food to staving Gazans.

He has done more to help the people of Gaza than anyone in this thread.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Spending my time in the genocide thread arguing how many celebrity chefs can dance on the head of a pin

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

REVELATIONS

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We should celebrate those who have been broken free of Israel’s lies.

Israel’s barbarity should and has united the world against Zionism, a small victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

alarumklok posted: