Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sinky posted:

"No Suella, you can't press the drone-strike button"

In normal country news

That’s capitalism!

Snipefax: Iodine-131 (131I, I-131) is an important radioisotope of iodine discovered by Glenn Seaborg and John Livingood in 1938 at the University of California, Berkeley. It has a radioactive decay half-life of about eight days.

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ha ha ha oh wow. Didn't think the graun went in for that kind of yellow peril nonsense.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Canadian pension funds out of our water!!!

We probably just got confused on which Thames going through London we were investing in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very important to uphold the sovereignty of our nation whereby foreign countries own all our assets

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

Dutch men poo in our water! :manning:

Who was that guy that used to be on quiz shows who wrote an autobiography where he said he might have killed someone in Amsterdam & pushed them into a canal or something like that, then wondered why the BBC gave him the push & the Dutch police arrested him (possibly, IIRC)?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Ha ha ha oh wow. Didn't think the graun went in for that kind of yellow peril nonsense.

The editor built her career in Australia, that's why she's got terf brain spiders and Australian racism.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Who was that guy that used to be on quiz shows who wrote an autobiography where he said he might have killed someone in Amsterdam & pushed them into a canal or something like that, then wondered why the BBC gave him the push & the Dutch police arrested him (possibly, IIRC)?

CJ off eggheads

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
90% of the eggheads come off as unpleasant smug cunts but he was a league above even then

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

90% of the eggheads come off as unpleasant smug cunts but he was a league above even then

Only narrowly failing to knock Jeremy Vine off the top of the chart

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If Dutch men are allowed to put poo poo in English water then surely English shits are allowed to put men in Dutch water. The defence rests.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

CJ off eggheads

Oh yeah and that's where we learned the Dutch for manslaughter is doodslag.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Big fan of the prevalence of slag in the Dutch language. SLAGROOMWAFEL

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Tesseraction posted:

The editor built her career in Australia, that's why she's got terf brain spiders and Australian racism.

Isn't she married to Adrian Chiles?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Isn't she married to Adrian Chiles?

Based entirely off being charmed by him around the office after he was given his column, no less.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Based entirely off being charmed by him around the office after he was given his column, no less.

Makes sense.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Big fan of the prevalence of slag in the Dutch language. SLAGROOMWAFEL

Je kunt mijn diksap maken met slagroom, kok.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol Felix has noticed our resident fash twink https://x.com/ByYourLogic/status/1775610495594270921?s=20

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Darren Grimes looks like the project manager at my work who everyone hates and slates behind his back about what a useless oval office he is.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Anyone know about getting covid vaccinations these days? I previously saw it posted in here that one could get them if you say you care for people (wife and I look after her grandparents with MS and COPD) and I got one that way last year, but I can't find that now. I am not above paying for one if NHS is not available, since I now also need to be around someone who is immunocompromised.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I'm sure I read that Phizer is available from chemists but at like 70quid a pop.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looks like he should be presenting Supermarket Sweep or something, not cheerleading a genocide

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pharmadoctor do them via various pharmacies, if you can afford the 'not dying of covid' tax.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You might have seen but the advice on the NHS website does seem to suggest your GP can just prescribe it to you if you make the case for it https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination/getting-a-covid-19-vaccine/

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tesseraction posted:

You might have seen but the advice on the NHS website does seem to suggest your GP can just prescribe it to you if you make the case for it https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination/getting-a-covid-19-vaccine/

I'd normally dismiss this and just pay rather than wait 2 loving months for a GP appointment, but I happen to have an unrelated one tomorrow morning so might as well ask, thanks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

I thought it was the Thames water that was yellow and perilous

e: and also the Lib Dems

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dear ukmt

today I drove through the picturesque east yorkshire village of Wetwang, and burst out laughing when I saw the sign, and did not stop until I had exited Wetwang.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

clearly you were dicking about

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

now this is powerful cope https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1775882749921911191

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*turning to aide* WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME NUMBER TWO IS EUPHEMISM FOR A poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dying king and historically unelected and unelectable PM do not make me think "powerful" tbh.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
"get me a picture of the england squad with as few black lads in as possible"

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol the loving red arrows and that jet that doesn't work

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lol. lmao even

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Christopher Nolan

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

you know

every time someone has mentioned darren grimes in my head i kept thinking of this dude

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Criss

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice
Behold, the majesty of Britain in the 21st century:

a dodgy yank warplane we were strongarmed into buying to put on an aircraft carrier we can't afford,
another warplane that we built with some mainland European countries we're currently doing our best to alienate,
a deeply unpopular unelected leader with a series of views completely alien to the majority of the British population, plus Chuckie Windsor, and, last but not least..
A car powered by loving petrol like it's 1987

*Armpit fart rendition of land of hope and glory*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

keep punching joe posted:

Lol the loving red arrows and that jet that doesn't work

But those are balanced out by our very healthy and strong King. LONG LIVE THE KING! :toot:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Sunday Sport reply to that Conservative tweet:

And why is Duckie from NCIS on there peering into a microscope or camera lens whatever that is?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

OwlFancier posted:

Dying king and historically unelected and unelectable PM do not make me think "powerful" tbh.

Can you place a bet on who'll be gone first, Rishi or Charlie?

I don't normally gamble, but I'd bet on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

now this is powerful cope https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1775882749921911191

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO

WE'RE NUMBER TWO!

Not sure I believe this tbh