Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bucks didn't have Dame. Although it's still something to commentate on because last year the Bucks were statistically one of the better teams in the league even when missing Giannis last year. That trade really hosed them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

slave to my cravings posted:

lol at the bucks losing to the wizards and grizzlies back to back

2nd straight loss to the grizz too

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lebron taking out his frustration over a no-call on Deni Avdija.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

2nd straight loss to the grizz too

you love too see it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Doc Rivers is perhaps the biggest fraud in the association maybe of all time

It’s so nice to see Jaren continue to ball out despite the season being lost. Also great to see BC back to his efficient ways. MourningView VALIDATED

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Doc Rivers is perhaps the biggest fraud in the association maybe of all time

Already has more losses than Griffin this season.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Scoot 9/16, 4/7 from 3, 22 points and 10 assists :cool:

In a game organizationally they really wanted to lose

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Space Camp fuckup posted:

A cautionary tale about the dangers of prioritizing 40 year old tyrants in CBA negotiations, leading to the death of 61,000,000,000 people

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Malachi Flynn scored 50 points on 18 of 25 shooting in a 113 to 121 loss to the Atlanta Hawks

That is some loving Eliminated From Playoff Contention Basketball poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

slave to my cravings posted:

lol at the bucks losing to the wizards and grizzlies back to back

seems a bit late to tank

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Flynn has 50 points

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Stats need to start being categorized into Team Cared or Team Didn't Care

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

WhyteRyce posted:

Fox being disengaged many games has really hurt the Kings but that’s also largely because the teams depth, which was Montes only offseason selling point, has been garbo. Monk has been huge but will still have a stinker game, Huerter thinks he’s still playing in the first round against the Warriors, I have no idea what to expect from Barnes anymore, Keegan is a complete yo-yo offensively, Duarte is doo doo, and Sasha can’t stay on the floor for various reasons

This is correct. At the same time, the Kings defense looks so much better with Huerter out of the line up. The team is way worse with Monk out, but the bench has at least been stepping up with defense. Who knows what Barnes will do, Keegan has become a great defender and should lean in to his great mid-range shot, Duarte is... OK, and Sasha looks shockingly lost out there. The team is fortunate that Mitchell has locked in from 3. They are definitely not going to be favored in the post season, but I am interested in what they might pull off.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I wish they’d start calling that travel on LeBron too. Every time he does a spin move gather he does a hop and lands on the same foot

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

With 6 games to go there’s still a non-zero possibility that the Bucks could be in the playin and their likelihood of not having HFA is a coin flip

I hope doc rivers is launched into the sun

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

With 6 games to go there’s still a non-zero possibility that the Bucks could be in the playin and their likelihood of not having HFA is a coin flip

I hope doc rivers is launched into the sun

Are they now 1-7 without Dame?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dejan Bimble posted:

Malachi Flynn scored 50 points on 18 of 25 shooting in a 113 to 121 loss to the Atlanta Hawks

That is some loving Eliminated From Playoff Contention Basketball poo poo

Man. Too bad he's on his rookie contract. It would have been hilarious if this was one of those weird contract bonus goal that no one thought was possible.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Return of Playoff Book

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DeimosRising posted:

but he's scoring less on much worse efficiency than before, and having clearly his worst non-injury season in the last 5 or 6 years easily, maybe since he was a rookie. he went from a guy who was regularly putting up a ts add of 150+ to 31 so far this year.
Beat me to saying this but I already posted so ill just edit in this quote. Yeah

fart simpson posted:

lmao at the refs. they called this traveling on suggs?

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1775709202268226031
This is one of the worst calls i've seen, literal "insult to injury"

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 4, 2024

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Fast Luck posted:

The worst loving refs. They were on some serious poo poo above and beyond the usual garbage last night. You see that kind of thing, then you see Banchero getting an and-1 if a hand brushes his back on a drive and then you see Zion get two hands pushing him in the back on a drive with no whistle. Just complete inconsistency on anything and everything.

And then throwing out Herb, Trey, and Dyson at the end of the game who almost never loving talk to refs ever. Just complete loving rear end. And it was mostly a veteran crew! If the Pels were winning I could suck it up. But they aren't and the kind of stuff they let go that happens to Zion is going to get him hurt. Again. Like it did a few years ago. Guys constantly taking a 2x4 to his forearms on his drives without being called.

Like, I'm pretty convinced now that Zion is not a championship caliber #1 option. And that's ok. But, gently caress, I still want him to have a career that isn't marred by injuries caused by refs letting everyone go to town on him.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

quote:

WASHINGTON -- Count LeBron James among the scores of viewers tuning into the women's NCAA tournament this spring. The Los Angeles Lakers forward, considered by many to be the face of the NBA, has a theory on why women's college hoops is having such a moment: the star power.

"I don't think there's much difference between the men's and women's game when it comes to college basketball," James said after the Lakers' 125-120 win over the Washington Wizards on Wednesday. "I think the popularity comes in with the icons that they have in the women's game. You look at Angel Reese, you look at JuJu [Watkins], you look at Caitlin Clark, you look at Paige [Bueckers]. You look at the young girl that's at Iowa State, the freshman there [Audi Crooks]. You look at [Cameron] Brink ... at Stanford. And that's just to name a few. And the freshman that's at Notre Dame [Hannah Hidalgo]. Because they're not allowed to go to the NBA [after their freshman year]."

xbilkis posted:

LeBron: You know, I’ve been saying for years that Sight and Sound needs to evolve beyond the traditional Film Canon that primarily centers the stories of white men, and I’ve always told people Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles is a perfect example of great filmmaking that challenges that traditional paradigm. I’ve been putting people onto Akerman for a minute now.
Reporter: Were there any specific aspects of the routine, rote lifestyle depicted in the movie that really stood out to you despite the mundanity?
LeBron (suddenly clearly trying to move on): Oh, you know, I thought the entire routine was interesting….

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fast Luck posted:

it’s obscenely bad yeah. lol. i don’t even think he traveled in the first place

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Suns can only play to the level of their competition apparently. Our last nine games are against playoff teams so hello six seed and early congrats on our victory in the nba finals.

Bizzy B Triumphant

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Lifespan posted:

This is correct. At the same time, the Kings defense looks so much better with Huerter out of the line up. The team is way worse with Monk out, but the bench has at least been stepping up with defense. Who knows what Barnes will do, Keegan has become a great defender and should lean in to his great mid-range shot, Duarte is... OK, and Sasha looks shockingly lost out there. The team is fortunate that Mitchell has locked in from 3. They are definitely not going to be favored in the post season, but I am interested in what they might pull off.

Trey Lyles?!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1775897457102360677

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A full healthy Knicks team could've won it all this season.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Randle has been such a bust in the playoffs, maybe this is actually good. Sucks for him though.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

JackBandit posted:

Randle has been such a bust in the playoffs, maybe this is actually good. Sucks for him though.

Having him just for Brunson’s off minutes would have been a huge boon. This really sucks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm not expecting OG to come back either tbh and they are running out of gas with the current group.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you dont love too see it

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

nikosoft posted:

Trey Lyles?!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'm not expecting OG to come back either tbh and they are running out of gas with the current group.

Never would have guessed this would happen to a thibs team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

let's fuckin go
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1775893836344291403?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

IDK how you can blame him for the Randle and OG injuries.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mcmagic posted:

easily; metapod just did

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Randle ranges from invisible to actively hurting the team in the playoffs. :byewhore:

Bum rear end

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 4, 2024

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I feel like both tournaments have been kind of disappointing this year. The early rounds weren't great. The best games I've seen in either tournament this year have probably been Texas A&M v Houston and LSU v UCLA.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fart simpson posted:

easily; metapod just did

i think he's wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, I don't think a dislocated shoulder is actually due to minutes played or practice.