Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Hihohe posted:

Warning, can fail fear checks and will auto disarm if it does

Hmm.

Scaredy Crab: upon detecting a hostile monster that has an amout of Hit Die equal to or more than its wielder, mollusk avenger +1 must succeed a Will DC of 10 + 1 for every Hit Die the monster has exceeding that of the wield or become Frightened. If Frightened, the mollusk avenger +1 will make an opposed Sleight of Hand check to leap from its wielder’s grasp, falling 1d4 + 1 squares away if it succeeds. On a failed check, the sword remains in its wielder’s grasp but confers Disadvantage on melee attack roles.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Final Challenge: Laios must cook and eat himself. Entirely. He has one hour.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Someone get Werner Herzog to document this.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Or David Lynch.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
That one episode with the Kelpie and the differing attitudes towards it between Senshi and Laios did remind me a lot of the Grizzly Man documentary

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Laios is 100% not the kind of person to sit around waxing perverse about elf ears, is what I'm saying.

He would talk about them, of course, but it would be a 10-minute infodump full of random trivia, and unequivocally the least sexy thing that anyone present had ever heard in their lives

"Did you know that elves are able to withstand higher temperatures than other races? It's true! The secret lies within their ears. Elves have more blood vessels within their ears and the larger surface area allows for better heat radiation in hotter climates! In fact, elven clothing reflects this because in colder climates ear coverings are usually made with wool or other materials with high insulation to slow down heat loss and furthermore-" *Laois begins gesticulating rapidly*

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Arc Hammer posted:

Someone get Werner Herzog to document this.

"Marcille, you must never listen to this."

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Plant MONSTER. posted:

:nms: warning: Mr. Meaty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZbLaTxjzQ&t=85s

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Donkringel posted:

"Did you know that elves are able to withstand higher temperatures than other races? It's true! The secret lies within their ears. Elves have more blood vessels within their ears and the larger surface area allows for better heat radiation in hotter climates! In fact, elven clothing reflects this because in colder climates ear coverings are usually made with wool or other materials with high insulation to slow down heat loss and furthermore-" *Laois begins gesticulating rapidly*

You. You get it

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Laios is the guy who read the Stephen King story about the surgeon who got stuck on a tiny desert island and was like "Hmmm..."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The Simpsons did a Treehouse of Horror segment about that. It took Homer way longer than an hour though, Laios could probably beat his record.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/ichiko_07/status/1775503521041006818

and the inspiration:

https://twitter.com/G7Hb5/status/1593902699375865856

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Check your netflixes cuz the new ep is out

new OP is gorgeous

edit: they just uploaded it to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyT-N1Ip70

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 4, 2024

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RubberLuffy posted:

new OP is gorgeous

edit: they just uploaded it to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyT-N1Ip70

It's beautiful, they clearly had a lot of fun making it.

On the other hand, it's so cute and bubbly, it makes the show seem like it's just an adorable slice of life having fun with your buddies cooking in a dungeon show.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Childhood friends, he says

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I rather like that ED song, what is it?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Is it wrong to try to pick up cooking skills in a dungeon?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

A jargogle posted:

I rather like that ED song, what is it?

Here's the ED youtube listing, not sure if the title/artist is in here somewhere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uba6oz7AC8

e:

" 第2シーズンエンディング主題歌:「キラキラの灰」リーガルリリー(Ki/oon Music)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrlFpSKSUFY

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 4, 2024

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Mr. Lobe posted:

Roommates, even!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DrSunshine posted:

It's beautiful, they clearly had a lot of fun making it.

On the other hand, it's so cute and bubbly, it makes the show seem like it's just an adorable slice of life having fun with your buddies cooking in a dungeon show.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Chillchuck does seem to have be having far more fun than he ever has thus far.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

RubberLuffy posted:

new OP is gorgeous

I can't exactly place why but this gives me Spy x Family vibes The ED is beautiful as well. Gonna turn those shots into wallpapers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
all that deductive reasoning and he still thinks they stole from them

there was zero eating of monsters this ep

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

all that deductive reasoning and he still thinks they stole from them

there was zero eating of monsters this ep

Doesn't help that he is actively hoping it is them.

He said as much.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Kabru's party kinda seems like the worst. Kuro deserves better.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

Yon posted:

Kuro deserves better.

It is funny how Mickbell, who's implied to be an exploitative employer, hates the idea of a union.

Sander fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 4, 2024

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

mickbell is a scab so he's definitely the worst. kabru is... very full of himself, but i do find him interesting

really fun to see the ryoko kui illustrations in the ED

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

RubberLuffy posted:

new OP is gorgeous

It's more animated than the first OP but it's somewhat less unique than the first, the music is incredibly generic. Not a big fan.

Diephoon posted:

Here's the ED youtube listing, not sure if the title/artist is in here somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrlFpSKSUFY

This on the other hand is more catchy than the first ED but it's also still a tad too saccarine for the tone of the series. I like it.

Edit: I've remembered what ED this made me think of, Edomae elf, which had the same twee feel.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 4, 2024

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
yeah, honestly I kind of still prefer the first OP over this one, just on the music alone. Both of the EDs are very nice though

when I was reading the manga at this point of the story I really didn't care for Kabru, especially since the chapters for this episode took two entire months to come out -- I just wanted to get back to Laois and the others. But he's a very fun character.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a nice change in the vibe of the visuals, even as they include several callbacks to OP1. Songwise I think Party is the only one I like so going from meh to meh isn't much difference.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Shuro did the samurai thing, i love it when they do the samurai thing

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i have no opinion on the new OP+EDs one way or the other (though more original Ryoko Kui art is always great) but the episode itself felt a bit mid for me. lots of static shots and the linework seemed sloppy at times, particularly in the first half. there was also a bunch of exposition which wouldn't be a huge problem if not for the fact that i could tell the netflix subtitles bungled a lot of the lines. still, no episode featuring tade can be considered bad.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Sea serpent

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yon posted:

Kabru's party kinda seems like the worst. Kuro deserves better.

Kabru is very good against things that are not monsters.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kabru is very good against things that are not monsters.

yeah, he totally ganked any affection I had for him and his squad. That said they're a cool addition as is the Not-Japanese squad.

I assume talking about things shown in the trailer are still spoilers so I'll keep this tagged:
I wasn't expecting the cat to show up with a team. I thought they would be a demi-human like the Orcs that gets adopted.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kabru is too overwhelmed by his all consuming crush on Laios to notice when other people are being gay too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not exactly a big opener for the second cour. Kabru is like Laios except for humans instead of monsters and he's got more than a bit of the ole' crazy eyes when it comes to killing sentient beings. That said, this episode was pretty quiet and exposition heavy. I think Kabru's group worked better when they were an ongoing sidestory rather than the focus of an entire episode. It started to drag by the end.

Shuro's wonder party of Easterners fawning over him while he's trying to put on a stoic warrior face (and being a strung out wreck the whole time) was pretty funny.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like how Shuro managed to get five times more grizzled (which also makes him significantly hotter) in the couple weeks since we last saw him.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Arc Hammer posted:

Shuro's wonder party of Easterners fawning over him while he's trying to put on a stoic warrior face (and being a strung out wreck the whole time) was pretty funny.

Also his dispassionate samurai routine instantly disintegrating into maudlin desperation the moment some guy walks up and says "hey I think I know the girl you're looking for"

My guy is just a complete mess

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Anyway, back to our heroes!

The heroes: “so… hungy…”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Girlies want a woman who will perform ancient evil magiks to save you, not some scruffy blade nerd.