Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lockback posted:

Yeah, I don't think a dislocated shoulder is actually due to minutes played or practice.

otoh ive played 0 minutes of basketball this year and i have not dislocated my shoulder. so there may be something to it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Knicks need to trick another team (not Dallas) into trading for Randle this offseason.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

otoh ive played 0 minutes of basketball this year and i have not dislocated my shoulder. so there may be something to it...

I played zero minutes and dislocated my shoulder last year. Unless trying to chip ice on precarious steps counts.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Spacebump posted:

I feel like both tournaments have been kind of disappointing this year. The early rounds weren't great. The best games I've seen in either tournament this year have probably been Texas A&M v Houston and LSU v UCLA.

Iowa State v Stanford was really good, I think that’s been my favorite of the tournaments

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

Iowa State v Stanford was really good, I think that’s been my favorite of the tournaments

I forgot about Iowa State v Stanford, your def right. That was a good game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spacebump posted:

The Knicks need to trick another team (not Dallas) into trading for Randle this offseason.

It's actually not a terrible contract..................

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1775905807042830543
Brutal......

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 4, 2024

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Brutal......

I don't think Julius Randle is a player you want on a 30+ million a year deal. Maybe I'm imagining it because I don't watch tons of Knicks games but it seems like they perform better without him slowing things down on offense. There are much better ways that cap space can be used.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

mcmagic posted:

Brutal......

A shooty guard, an athletic jack-of-all-trades wing and a big who can playmake is like the most basic Thibs recipe and it always works.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
He’s been better about being a quick hitter this year but is still very frustrating at times. He seems like the obvious candidate to get shipped out with a bunch of 1sts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

IDK how you can blame him for the Randle and OG injuries.

Because it always happens with his teams and at some point you must accept the pattern regardless of the coincidence

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I don't think Julius Randle is a player you want on a 30+ million a year deal. Maybe I'm imagining it because I don't watch tons of Knicks games but it seems like they perform better without him slowing things down on offense. There are much better ways that cap space can be used.

He’s ok at times but is absolutely terrified of the spotlight in the playoffs. Also when he plays badly on offense he immediately gives no fucks, standing around and moping and refusing to play defense. The Knicks would definitely be better off with a different player in his place.

He reminds me of Melo a lot, just settling for terrible fadeaway long 2’s instead of actually trying to create a better shot or use his size to get to the rim.

Edit: He also looks like someone’s uncle who rolled out of bed and showed up to the local pickup game in sweatpants.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 4, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I played zero minutes and dislocated my shoulder last year. Unless trying to chip ice on precarious steps counts.

needs more research

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Sean_Barnard1/status/1775584344507023626

Mans is finding new levels of people to blame.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well to be fair Giannis also was calling out his laundry guys earlier this year so maybe there's something to that.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[Giannis voice] our coach has to throw people under the bus better

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Bucks personnel really hate their support staff.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dexo posted:

hey 28 games or whatever in -

why hasn't doc rivets implemented some Professionalism with the bucks hooping team?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Even the bus driver got thrown under the bus smh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dexo posted:

the jersey washer is staring nervously at his phone now worried he's gonna get the call to come in to Doc's office

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Losing Randle hurts right now but the team needs to lose him in general

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Spacebump posted:

There are way worse players than him (at least in the regular season) who are making well over 30.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

There are way worse players than him (at least in the regular season) who are making well over 30.

that doesn't invalidate his point

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

Because it always happens with his teams and at some point you must accept the pattern regardless of the coincidence

They were pretty healthy last year. Players were pretty healthy in Minnesota, Butler got injured but the problem was the timing, but time missed was pretty average (and Butler wasn't even playing many minutes when he got hurt). Every team has injury seasons and any coach that coaches for years will have a mix. Everytime this happens to a Thibs team you get these comments, and every time his teams are healthy people just ignore it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

That is fair. There are maybe 8 to 10 players making that or more who I wouldn't want over Randle on their current contracts.

If I was the Mavs GM and the Knicks offered Randle for Tim Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, and Josh Green, I don't think I'd make the trade. Thinking about it, I'd rather have CP3 wth his current deal than Randle.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 4, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lockback posted:

They were pretty healthy last year. Players were pretty healthy in Minnesota, Butler got injured but the problem was the timing, but time missed was pretty average (and Butler wasn't even playing many minutes when he got hurt). Every team has injury seasons and any coach that coaches for years will have a mix. Everytime this happens to a Thibs team you get these comments, and every time his teams are healthy people just ignore it.

grizzlies don’t seem to have injury seasons

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

If I was the Mavs GM and the Knicks offered Randle for Tim Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, and Josh Green, I don't think I'd make the trade. Thinking about it, I'd rather have CP3 wth his current deal than Randle.

That trade would make the Mavs better but I am not sure that its how they should push their chips in. Randle is a risk and if they are going to commit with Kyrie then they probably need something a little different than Randle.

Randle's contract is better than CP3's for a contending team because CP3 is actively falling off a cliff and Dallas is already over the cap enough it's not like CP3 expiring means they get to sign some other $30m guy in FA (and I don't know who Dallas would get).

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know Doc is coasting hard on that 2008 ring but looking at everything he's done since, it's drat impressive they managed to win that one.

They lose that one and Doc is probably blaming Indian food or bacteria in the drinking water or the equipment manager not having pepto on hand

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

I know Doc is coasting hard on that 2008 ring but looking at everything he's done since, it's drat impressive they managed to win that one.

They lose that one and Doc is probably blaming Indian food or bacteria in the drinking water or the equipment manager not having pepto on hand

Doc won in 2008 by secretly buying the Uncut Gem

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

tadashi posted:

Fox is gonna find his rhythm in the playoffs and go off and the 2014 UK team will finally be avenged when he and Monk raise the O'Brien trophy.
Just you wait. :arghfist:
For a second (college basketball does not exist and is bad) I thought this meant De'Aaron was British or something, which add that to the furry thing it's just like yeeeesh

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Throwing literally everyone under the bus is a bold strategy, I like it.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Has he thrown Adrian griffin under the bus yet

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Everyone is equal when everyone is thrown under the bus

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Doc won in 2008 by secretly buying the Uncut Gem

truth👆

doc is a democrat national committee level bus thrower

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

What an rear end in a top hat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

They should fire doc before the playoffs and rehire griffin

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

slave to my cravings posted:

They should fire doc before the playoffs and rehire griffin

rehire Bud

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

pentyne posted:

rehire Bud