Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Zroni chain will give you the research option, or else the tech can just pop up randomly during the. Super rare for materialists IIRC but not zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There are three failures of UI design here:
2. No hotkeys.
3. You can't navigate it with a keyboard at all.

1. Look at the text saying Exit below Credits.

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 2, 2024

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

What's the first failure?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FurtherReading posted:

the fact that they deliberately removed the hotkeys to get #2, because it used to have them

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

FurtherReading posted:

Look at the text saying Exit below Credits.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Aw I thought you were teeing up a joke for why the list started at 2.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hmm... Virtual ascension worker's cooperative megacorp, especially if trade value is not really touched by the negative modifiers. Instantly filling up steward ecus to generate enough staggering unity to just ascend all the planets. Even better since you don't need assembly plants with virtual... you free up a slot

You are also effectively uh... sapient cryptocurrency.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

There are three failures of UI design here:
2. No hotkeys.
3. You can't navigate it with a keyboard at all.

1. Look at the text saying Exit below Credits.

:lol:, my UI-window looks different, and Exit is actually visible and in the correct position*

*Because of my eye problems, my UI-scaling is set to 125%, so everything is bigger, which I guess in Paradox-land moves everything slightly up.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

I made a mod that gives ringworlds a bit of an oomph and would appreciate feedback

I did a big update on this today, would still appreciate feedback :)

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

You are also effectively uh... sapient cryptocurrency.
Criminal Megacorp taken to new levels.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deuce posted:

Zroni chain will give you the research option, or else the tech can just pop up randomly during the. Super rare for materialists IIRC but not zero.
Just remembered i recruited a psychic scientist just before I set research to auto, I must have picked it up without noticing.

I want to start a new game but I'm getting a new beefier CPU in a few days so my gut says to wait. On the other hand early game is much faster...

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Are there any mods that will automatically build starbases for you, and/or automatically upgrade them to a certain preset? Genuinely draining having to click through doing a whole bunch at once.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Hell any mods to auto-build hyper-relays while we're at it?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This does a bunch

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

tithin posted:

This does a bunch

HELL YEAH

THANK YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...odding.1657446/

Civics, "kilostructures," and... auto-trait modding??

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

New dev diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...odding.1657446/

Civics, "kilostructures," and... auto-trait modding??
Literal paperclip maximiser civic. I am hype.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
JFC they pulled out the good stuff for this patch/DLC didn't they. Everything in the dev diary sounds great. They don't clarify if the auto-mod trait is innate or takes a trait slot/points itself that the auto-trait temporarily replaces, but I expect so. You'd mod in the auto trait and it would take it from there.

e: auto-mod costs 2 or 3 trait points to add. So its not cheap, but its easy to just add to everybody.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 4, 2024

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Lots of good stuff there. I'm particularly excited about the automod stuff.

The paperclip maximiser civic sounds hilarious, especially tied with determined exterminators.

Tactical algorithms sounds very interesting. If you go for a max enclave build it seems you can get a decent amount of shield hardening which might spice up the fleet design meta.

The augmentation bazaars are very cool flavourwise. The fact the trait they give is random is a little meh and it seems you don't get pop construction or trait manipulation right out the gate but as a civic I feel that's an okay limitation.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Everything in that devlog sounds rad as hell.
My last two games I've had an anomaly/event put 10 physics on a pulsar. Slapping a Dyson swarm around that for 300 physics output sounds juicy as hell, if possible. The post excludes black holes and neutron stars, so it should work, right

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I've been out of the loop but, I basically never take an ascension path so natural design sounds great

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Groetgaffel posted:

Everything in that devlog sounds rad as hell.
My last two games I've had an anomaly/event put 10 physics on a pulsar. Slapping a Dyson swarm around that for 300 physics output sounds juicy as hell, if possible. The post excludes black holes and neutron stars, so it should work, right

Pulsar is a type of Neutron star, so no.

If you can't put a dyson sphere on it you can't put a dyson swarm on it.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Ah yeah fair enough.

The perfect little extra surprise for this update would be a new colossus weapon that that turns a planet into a molten world. The idea of melting a hostile homeworld then strip mining their system with an arc furnace is :allears: to me.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm going through the comments on that Dev Diary and this Answerfrom Eladrin had me laughing.

Question:

quote:

Which types of pops can be purged for CG [Consumer Goods]? Any, only sapient, only organics, or something else?

Answer:

quote:

Currently anything can be turned into paperclips.

Actually, at this particular moment in time we have a teeny tiny minor bug with it where failing a quota automatically turned it on for every species in your empire including your primary species, but that's not intended.

I absolutely ADORE the idea of a paperclip maximizer getting so pissed it failed to meet its quota that it starts melting down its own drones.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Can I be paperclip maximizer rogue servitors? They seem to get a ton of consumer goods anyway.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Is it possible to double consecrate a world, like if you border a spiritualist fallen empire and you take the consecration perk and consecrate one of their holy worlds?

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

two fish posted:

Is it possible to double consecrate a world, like if you border a spiritualist fallen empire and you take the consecration perk and consecrate one of their holy worlds?

Yup, and it always gets the maximum consecrated bonus too.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

FurtherReading posted:

Yup, and it always gets the maximum consecrated bonus too.

I think it might even make them like you a bit more, but that might be part of some mod I'm using.

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

Ha, yeah, it does make them like you more.

Thanks!

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think it might even make them like you a bit more, but that might be part of some mod I'm using.

Yup that's true!

I think they also get extra unity too but I'm not sure.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
This patch is one of the most exiting they’ve ever done, I feel like guided sapience was made just for me. If I can’t make friends with the galaxy, I will literally make friends.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

tithin posted:

This does a bunch

I need one that will let me say "Planet Limit: 1" for all buildings before turning the planet over to automation. (Yes I'm suboptimal. I just hate duplicates.)

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
I saw Montu mention something on youtube that I missed in the virtual discussion—while the -75% modifer for having a lot of planets definitely hurts, virtual ascension lets you fill planets as fast as you can build buildings/districts, and you get extra jobs per district, so virtual might actually be really good for empires with lots of planets too. And if we don't assume such an empire wouldn't go virtual, the optimal amount of planets for a virtual empire probably shoots up a lot. Though then you have to consider the increasing pop upkeep, empire size, etc.

(I suspect releasing those planets as vassals would still be better, though.)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

ShadowHawk posted:

Can I be paperclip maximizer rogue servitors?

that's called icecream maximizer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

two fish posted:

Ha, yeah, it does make them like you more.

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a vanilla thing. And it makes sense! Their whole deal is protecting those sacred planets, and consecrating them yourselves shows you revere the same things they do, and treat them with the same respect.

For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised if it was coded that other spiritualist empires also give you a diplomacy bonus if you have the same planets consecrated, for the same reason.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
One thing this dlc makes me wish for, and that was kind of mentioned in the devblog thread: re natural perfection, is the ability to basically intentionally make rogue servitors.

Like, we're making robots to work for us, we invent general ai, and when we get the synths tech we don't go "hey, let's make robot bodies for us", we go "hey, let's out these guys in charge of the government so we can focus on creating art."

Wether this turns out to be a fantastic idea or a dystopia could be up to government policies. Unlock a policy that says only robots can be leaders, and a "fully automated luxury gay space communism" living standard for organics where they can only work creative jobs like science and entertainment. More policies/decisions during this lets you shape it into either "actually working out okay", or "the meatbags get less and less freedom until we eventually implement bio sanctuaries".

A softer version is if cybernetic/unascended empires could replace their government type/council with an AI overlord instead.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Truga posted:

that's called icecream maximizer

D14B33TU5

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Hm, I think I'll finally play knights of the toxic god.

Oh, those toxic lizard guys look like lizard space british *builds entire concept around this + toxic god*

*gets to name*

Wait wait wait if I swap them out for a molluscoid I can call their home planet "Clamalot"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Splicer posted:

Hm, I think I'll finally play knights of the toxic god.

Oh, those toxic lizard guys look like lizard space british *builds entire concept around this + toxic god*

*gets to name*

Wait wait wait if I swap them out for a molluscoid I can call their home planet "Clamalot"

Chameleot is right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also, for the Nth time, I'd kill for an in-game namelist editor. For the love of god let me create half a dozen shitpost-esque namelists for planets, ships, and individuals.

Toxic British lizardfolk need names like Sir Geckalot, Marrigator, and Queen Croclizabeth. They should live on Chameleot and fly around in the HLS Sunny Rock.