Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That loving Xenomorph DS animation oh my god. They said they've been working on this for 7+ months!

Also female characters' vaults are bugged again.

that xeno animation killed me, i am dead

the vaults are so bad now, this is a shockingly awful ptb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

Where are you all seeing this fail content? Would love to watch too

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

Where are you all seeing this fail content? Would love to watch too

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

I'm trying to embed the clip here, I know there's a way.

Xeno DS:
https://clips.twitch.tv/WrongTriumphantSheepDeIlluminati-55KXb6F84yawkn-J

Normal DS:
https://clips.twitch.tv/PiercingTawdryScorpionDoritosChip-_Gb1F2o4EZ7waYGO

E: Got it!

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
In.loving.Credible.

Like again I know development is hard, but as a dev if the work I put out was this bad I would lose my loving job lmao.

Thanks for the links.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, the new Blight addons seem ... very strong based on Otz's stream.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Holy poo poo, the new Blight addons seem ... very strong based on Otz's stream.

every single time with this killer

just delete him from the game already bhvr please i beg you

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

every single time with this killer

just delete him from the game already bhvr please i beg you

It's ALMOST like there's a fundamental design issue with Nurse and the Blight that makes them impossible to balance and just ends up hurting every weaker killer when they try to do that with broad balancing sweeps.

ALMOST.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

to absolutely nobody's surprise the twins are insanely strong now

victor can just double tap you for basically free instantly

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

Yeah there's no loving way* this is getting out of the PTB without getting nerfed to poo poo.

* or it does, and then they "rework" the Twins 3 months later and just dunk them into the ground.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Relyssa posted:

They are joking he is stronger than nurse. And I think they are right jesus christ

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kwolok posted:

They are joking he is stronger than nurse. And I think they are right jesus christ

The speed at which Victor can just double tap survivors is absolutely loving nuts. How the gently caress does this get past their first round of internal testing without someone saying "nah there's no loving way mate".

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

i don't think it's a joke anymore

this is at least nurse level and i'd only argue it's not stronger because victor can't teleport

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

lol Dead Hard animations are broken and survivors just T-pose when they E now.

Please leave that in.

E:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBoldJuiceTheThing-wWBzP4pIMXXcQA5H

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 4, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DEAD HARD IS A T POSE NOW

ASSERT DOMINANCE

what the actual gently caress was the bug they delayed this for if it's this bad now

bhvr doesn't play their own game, they don't have a qa department or any internal testing. i refuse to accept otherwise at this point.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Otz currently has his friend Lynxi on his stream, and they are apparently a good Twins player. They're both convinced BHVR will overreact and nerf the Twins to the ground during the PTB based on how they are right now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

they brought back ds dribbling

if you get dropped hitting the skill check doesn't do anything and still deactivates it

bhvr you have hosed this up in every possible way

i forget the dude's name but well regarded twins main/content creator says easily top 2 killer, potentially best killer in the game now. this is hosed

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 4, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Now Otz has PixelBush on his stream talking about the Twins, and the guy brought up a great point: how do they fix this? This isn't going to be just a numbers tweak, they need to fundamentally change something about how the Twins work, and how long is that going to take? It took them, what, over six months? Close to a year? to get this rework done. What happens until then? Do they just do the BHVR thing and panic about this reaction, and just nerf the Twins to the loving ground for the launch, and then what? gently caress every Twins player?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Now Otz has PixelBush on his stream talking about the Twins, and the guy brought up a great point: how do they fix this? This isn't going to be just a numbers tweak, they need to fundamentally change something about how the Twins work, and how long is that going to take? It took them, what, over six months? Close to a year? to get this rework done. What happens until then? Do they just do the BHVR thing and panic about this reaction, and just nerf the Twins to the loving ground for the launch, and then what? gently caress every Twins player?

it's gonna be gently caress every twins player

all three of them

they can't fix this, realistically. roll it back entirely. this is not what they needed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pretty much!

Also -- correction: it took them TWO YEARS for this rework. And this is the result. What the gently caress are they doing?

Oh -- and Otz is pointing out just now that all the old Twins bugs seem to still be present, and they've introduced a bunch of new ones.

I ask again: what the gently caress are they doing?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

according to the forums there's something about not being able to cancel or interrupt an unhook? I'm not at my comp at the moment so I can't check properly

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Pretty much!

Also -- correction: it took them TWO YEARS for this rework. And this is the result. What the gently caress are they doing?

Oh -- and Otz is pointing out just now that all the old Twins bugs seem to still be present, and they've introduced a bunch of new ones.

I ask again: what the gently caress are they doing?

pretty

good

job

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

according to the forums there's something about not being able to cancel or interrupt an unhook? I'm not at my comp at the moment so I can't check properly

Yeah, apparently that's fixing an abusive thing where you were able to partially free a survivor from the hook, cancel, and repeat to keep them basically un-unhookable and grief them to death.

E: I know that's vague, but I have no idea how it worked myself, and people on Reddit are being vague. A BHVR rep confirmed it was an intentional change.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, apparently that's fixing an abusive thing where you were able to partially free a survivor from the hook, cancel, and repeat to keep them basically un-unhookable and grief them to death.

there has to be a better way to deal with that, not a fan whatsoever

also anyone who watched Otz as victor hit someone three times through adrenaline in basically no time at all and claims twins are anything other than OP as gently caress now needs to have their head examined

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What happens until then? Do they just do the BHVR thing and panic about this reaction, and just nerf the Twins to the loving ground for the launch, and then what? gently caress every Twins player?

All 3 of them yes. :biglips:

I'm sure they'll do what they do, completely overshoot it and then back it down. (Still jacked/broken)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Comfortador posted:

All 3 of them yes. :biglips:

I already made that joke :mad:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://x.com/LeesGamingYT/status/1775928155867332720?s=20

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gamers have gotten significantly more toxic and lovely over the last two decades with the ability to harass and whine in real time to devs 24/7 via social media

but

It's still unmistakable when the devs look you in the eye and say "of course we playtested this" and you run into basic use issues. :v: ... Honestly, I want to assume they really did playtest it well so how does something like "Twins are stronger than Nurse with mid-level Victor use" get through? Are we back to the halcyon days of one of the lead developers and killer players being a tunneling, slugging NOED-addict? Just signing off on a balance change with a half-lidded stare and "gently caress 'em" when asked about survivors and killer balance.

At least BHVR are one of those devs that actually use their PTB to make adjustments instead of purely for marketing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doomykins posted:

Gamers have gotten significantly more toxic and lovely over the last two decades with the ability to harass and whine in real time to devs 24/7 via social media

but

It's still unmistakable when the devs look you in the eye and say "of course we playtested this" and you run into basic use issues. :v: ... Honestly, I want to assume they really did playtest it well so how does something like "Twins are stronger than Nurse with mid-level Victor use" get through? Are we back to the halcyon days of one of the lead developers and killer players being a tunneling, slugging NOED-addict? Just signing off on a balance change with a half-lidded stare and "gently caress 'em" when asked about survivors and killer balance.

At least BHVR are one of those devs that actually use their PTB to make adjustments instead of purely for marketing.

I refuse to believe a single person at bhvr loaded up the game with these changes and played a match

there's just too much broken poo poo that anyone could easily find in about two seconds of gameplay

it's loving inexcusable

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Relyssa posted:

I already made that joke :mad:

Apologies, the "made that joke" crew almost matches the amount of "target of joke" crew. :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Disagree, it’s infinitely better now. Can’t wait to see how every survivor turns into a Stretch Armstrong.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Doomykins posted:

but

At the end of the day, I'd be happy if they just said "hey, this is going to come in hot, we just need to get this is front of people so we have a better idea of how to best dial it back" before this launched. Because as everyone else already said, this is blatantly coming in so hot, the only way any of this is acceptable is if they had to turn this build in ten minutes before the PTB went live.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

they delayed this ptb to fix a bug btw

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1775946528428798406

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

i am mildly terrified of the section where they talk about starting matches with bots instead of players

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

lol Dead Hard animations are broken and survivors just T-pose when they E now.

Please leave that in.

E:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickBoldJuiceTheThing-wWBzP4pIMXXcQA5H

They should keep this in like this but have it extend into the full T-pose.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/The_Farmer_John/status/1775949888020164639

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
drat twins got OP the same day Lynxi was diagnosed with breast cancer...

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/OtzdarvaYT/status/1776031177360449734

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Sooooooo, how much do we gamble on the fact that the anwser are gonna get skewed toward the last PTB, thus messing up the response of players, which in turn mean they are only going to hotfix the bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Unironically loving how many incredibly stupid and bizarre bugs are in this update. If you gently caress up a self-heal skill check then immediately let go your character will be stuck doing the animation and grunt of loving it up over and over, including while you run, until you interrupt it with something like a vault or healing again. If you use Dramaturgy, your character T-poses in much the same way as the Dead Hard bug and it is every bit as funny as it sounds. Doing a mori with the Birkin skin for Blight has his head stuck somewhere in his torso but only in the killer's POV. A bunch of the Mori animations are broken so that the survivors and killers are expressionless. My friend's voice lines were missing for any killer that has them (e.g. Singularity, Pinhead, etc) while playing Killer, even if I had them on Survivor. A bunch of animations are a little weird or laggy now. I am genuinely curious how so many of these things got hosed up?

Please please please leave the T-pose bug in it's so loving funny please BHVR I've been so good :pray:

I can't speak to the Twins changes or Blight changes but I will say I really love the changes for Haddonfield, though the street still seems kind of a dead zone depending on RNG. The buildings are wayyyy better and the map just feels way easier to navigate on both sides.

The changes for the store are super cool too and genuinely very nice, some parts of it are a little clunky but I LOVE that you can preview several items you don't own together now :woop: They also gave us some Aurics to play with (unless that was a bug?) and it was nice to test out a few outfits I was on the fence about. Interesting they seem to want to start selling old rift charms for auric cells as well. I'm halfway "ugh more paymoney crap" and halfway "ooh I always wanted (charm) from (rift from before I joined)".